7 Herbs for Men’s Sexual Health

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
7 Herbs for Men’s Sexual Health

Male sexual health is frequently overlooked when it comes to discussing ways to promote sexual vitality and vigor. While many news outlets are eager to spread the news about a recent nutritional finding and how it can benefit women’s sexual health, many don’t realize that the research can often be applied to certain aspects of the male department, often in a myriad of ways.

When it comes to herbs for men’s sexual health, we’re often looking for how certain plant materials can support prostate health and sex drive. Here are seven of the most potent, thoroughly-researched herbs and how they can support men’s health.

Top Herbs for Men’s Sexual Health
These seven herbs have numerous benefits, some of which can be attributed to prostate health and male vitality. Although none of the following herbs are meant to substitute for conventional advice, some of them might be powerful complementary tools that may provide benefit to the entire body. Here are the top 7 herbs you should be incorporating into your daily regimen.

Pine Bark
Pine bark has been used for centuries to support good health, and recent research is discovering that the tree contains numerous bioactive chemicals geared specifically toward protecting men. Some research has shown pine bark to be effective for supporting the prostate in the presence of prostate cancer cells, possibly by down-regulating the androgen response.[1] Pine bark has also been shown to be a helpful tool for improving sperm quality and quantity, and some studies have also indicted that extracts of pine bark may support erectile response.[2] Further research is needed to determine its full effects on prostate health; yet, the current data is more than promising.

Pumpkin Seed
Pumpkin seeds contain a wide range of nutritive components that have been positively linked to prostate health. Zinc, potassium, and iron are nutrients essential for men’s health on many levels, and some research is showing that these nutrients–along with pumpkin seeds’ antioxidant content–may provide noticeable support for the prostate. One study reported that pumpkin seed extract improved urine flow in men with benign prostate hyperplasia, improving the overall quality of life for these individuals.[3]

Pygeum Bark
A number of placebo-controlled, double-blind studies on pygeum bark have found that certain compounds inherent within the tree may encourage a normal-sized prostate.[4] An enlarged prostate is often a common symptom of benign prostate hyperplasia, and finding ways to discourage its continued growth is helpful for supporting proper urination. Researchers are unsure as to how pygeum bark works, but studies do indicate powerful benefits, especially when the bark is combined with conventional care.

Saw Palmetto
Native Americans have used saw palmetto for centuries, calling upon the plant for supporting urinary and reproductive health. Research has shown that saw palmetto is effective for inhibiting a specific enzyme (5-alpha reductase) associated with prostate enlargement.[5] The plant extract may also support testosterone levels, preventing the hormone’s conversion to dihydrotestosterone, an androgen responsible for male pattern baldness and benign prostate hyperplasia. Saw palmetto is one of the key ingredients found in Prostrex.

Smartweed
Also known as Polygonum hydropiperoides, smartweed is a plant native to North and South America, typically growing in wet and generally damp environments. Used traditionally as an approach to bacterial infections, smartweed is seeing an increased interest by scientists in the health and nutrition-related fields. Smartweed is high in antioxidants, compounds which contribute to the plant’s protective properties. These antioxidants may support the entire body against free radical oxidation, helping to protect glands, organs, and cells from damage and mutations.[6] Antioxidants are important for protecting the prostate, among other areas of the body. Other research has found that smartweed imparts a soothing quality on tissues, possibly helping in the reduction of swelling.[7]

Stinging Nettle
If you ever try to harvest stinging nettle, you may want to wear long sleeves, pants, and gloves. This plant protects itself by stinging the skin of those who come near it, an action that protects the plant from complete destruction by potentially-harmful predators. Despite its stinging quality, stinging nettle has a number of health benefits, many of which involve supporting the health of the prostate. Like saw palmetto, stinging nettle may support proper urinary function while encouraging the reduction of prostate size.[8] Stinging nettle provides this support by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, an androgen hormone that promotes benign prostate hyperplasia and other male issues associated with aging.

Turmeric
Turmeric is a favorite spice in Indian cuisine and is also the most heavily-researched spice in medical literature. It is well known that turmeric is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, and research is beginning to reveal just how powerful it is for supporting prostate health. Turmeric may provide a soothing quality to muscles and smooth tissue, easing the pain and swelling often caused by irritation. One placebo-controlled, double-blind study found that turmeric improved urinary ease and frequency in patients with prostate issues.[9]

The Take Home
The prostate needs proper care, especially as you get older. In order to keep the organ running in good working order, doing all you can to keep its health in check is important for maintaining wellbeing. Taking the following herbs separately can be a hassle and quite expensive. Finding a high-quality supplement that includes a blend of all of these herbs, like in Prostrex, can be a helpful way to receive the protection these plant extracts may provide. If dealing with prostate issues, speak with your doctor to see if these herbs are safe to take with current medications.

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Turmeric is everything. I've been taking it daily for over 3 years. I had developed arthritic elbows and knees from years of lifting and squatting. Sometimes I could barely complete a workouts because the pain was so bad. I don't have any pain or discomfort now.

I can also attest to it improving libido. I'm going to research the other herbs and see if they're for me, but turmeric is a must have.

Note: don't buy that cheap ass turmeric from Walmart either.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Tumeric is everything. I've been taking it daily for over 3 years. I had developed arthritic elbows and knees from years of lifting and squatting. Sometimes I could barely complete a workouts because the pain was so bad. I don't have any pain or discomfort now.

I can also attest to it improving libido. I'm going to research the other herbs and see if they're for me, but tumeric is a must have.

Note: don't buy that cheap ass tumeric from Walmart either.
Bruh, I need this ASAP. Feeling the same thing in my left knee from workouts as well. Health food stores carry this right?

xUHn95.jpg

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes brothers. Thank you. I’ve been walking between 4-7 miles daily here in New York lost close to 14lbs from walking,changed eating and drinking 100oz water daily. However my hips hurt periodically and it feels like my groin muscle is tender at times. I’ll start stretching more and take the turmeric before hitting a sports physician.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes brothers. Thank you. I’ve been walking between 4-7 miles daily here in New York lost close to 14lbs from walking,changed eating and drinking 100oz water daily. However my hips hurt periodically and it feels like my groin muscle is tender at times. I’ll start stretching more and take the turmeric before hitting a sports physician.

Keep pushing on, bruh!!

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Keep pushing on, bruh!!

Man yo ass has been of fire for a few days fam...what's really good!
Bruh, you know how it goes!! There's just days you wanna get shit off your chest!! You know what I mean??

ATLKingpin

Rising Star
Registered
Okay if it’s hormonal adjustment (and boosting):

BLACK Maca (NO Gelatinized)

If you are REALLY healthy:

Yohimbe

For Black Folks, those are the two.

Vitamin Shop has a quality BLACK Maca POWDER (PLNT)

You can google a bunch of places that have Yohimbe POWDER (Again you have to been in hella condition for this)

No pills, just the POWDER (You will get used to it):

A) Much cheaper
B) Much better
C) Much more potent

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Any scientific proof and not a explanation from some guy on youtube who never wears a shirt?