Baltimore - need suggestions

Sincere4L

Potential Star
Registered
I'll be coming down for a day or so next month and wanted some suggestions on hot spots. Thanks in advance.

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered
I'll be coming down for a day or so next month and wanted some suggestions on hot spots. Thanks in advance.

Depends on whether you would be going out on the weekend or a weekday and what kind of crowd/activities your trying to get into.

I will let you now, they its pretty much going to be somewhere catering to an "urban" crowd or somewhere that is more of a "non-urban" crowd, there not much overlap when it comes to B'more.

Sincere4L

Potential Star
Registered
Thanks for replying. It'll be a saturday. I'm coming down for a baseball game with a few friends as part of a weekend-long outing.

I understand there isn't an overlap of urban and non urban there, but we're pretty versatile when it comes to that. So I guess you can let me know what you suggest on both ends of the spectrum.

Mylansky

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Elaborate more what you might be interested in doing and ill see if i can point you in the right direction

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered
Thanks for replying. It'll be a saturday. I'm coming down for a baseball game with a few friends as part of a weekend-long outing.

I understand there isn't an overlap of urban and non urban there, but we're pretty versatile when it comes to that. So I guess you can let me know what you suggest on both ends of the spectrum.

Well I haven't done any urban spots in a couple years, these youngins out here are getting a tad too reckless for me tolerate.

But if you guys want to hit a decent lounge I would suggest Red Maple. When the DJ is on they are usually really on, when they are off its still tolerable. Last time my homeboy had a white chick choose him and he smashed afterwards so I guess that's a plus.

If clubbing is not what your looking for, Scores is a decent gentleman's club. Nice mix of chicks, while it won't get as loose as some of the down south spots, its def not as uptight as Va/DC spots. But if lower class strip spots are your thing hit Goddess, which is up the street from the stadium, or the Block, mainly Norma Jeans.

There is a shitload of restaurants downtown, don't just get caught up with what's in the inner harbor pavillions. Go to www.citypaper.com and check the eat guide, its a good place to get some ideas. If you guys are meat eaters hit Fogo de Chao. If you like sushi hit Edo's and if you like japanese fusion type dishes hit Roy's or RA. RA gets jumping towards the end of their happy hour (3 to 7, and the prices are well worth it) and it a really social atmosphere. Roy's food is better but its far more intimate than RA.

There also bar hopping. If you guys like dive bars..Fells Point is the way to go, if your into bars with "dress codes" hit Power Plant. Brewers Art is also a good spot for micro brews and good food, it gets packed in there as well so be prepared.

I know a lot of out of town people shit on Baltimore's night life but to me its all about what you make of it. There is always a good time to be had. The best part of going out is nothing is too far apart, so if you get bored at one spot its nothing to just walk or take a short cab ride somewhere else.

Also check the event guide on citypaper.com for the weekend your coming down, there may be something popping that weekend that's off the beaten path. I have been pleasently surprised a few times and almost missed out on some good shit had it not been for checking it.

Right now the police presence is Overboard so safety shouldn't be an issue as long as you use some common sense with it. I hate these people that complain about something happening to them but they were doing some dumb shit like walking down an alley with no lights.

Jeholla

Support BGOL
Registered
Red Maple is cool more of a mixed crowd. I think Edens Lounge is better. The Velvet Rope is ok and BWX Lounge is a little upscale but a nice spot Friday is 30+ crowd.

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered
Red Maple is cool more of a mixed crowd. I think Edens Lounge is better. The Velvet Rope is ok and BWX Lounge is a little upscale but a nice spot Friday is 30+ crowd.

Unless they tightened up the security down Velvet Rope I wouldn't deal with, I see what the let out looks like sometime, maybe if I was still early 20s I would rock with it but not now. It def be bitches out there though.
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/03/downtown_partnership_wants_vel.html

I heard Eden's had fell off, my coworker made mention of the crowd not being the same but this was early in the year. Did they get back on track?

SuchATease

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Nope Eden's is still really lame! lol I only go to Red Maple when my homeboy is throwing a party....I don't really club anymore so I go to this new spot called Clutch in Highlandtown, it's own by some real cool brothas so I try to support....

I've never been to BWX or the Velvet Rope but LUX Lounge near the Harbor is okay some nights depending on who's throwing a party there.

If I really want to club I just go to DC....

phillyblack12

Support BGOL
Registered
Agree with the above comment about just making the drive to DC if you really trying to party...I live in Columbia--which is kinda between both cities...I can count the tiimes I drive up to B-More..lol...although if you really want to do B-More check out the power plant on Friday--there's a club down the street called Mist also--I was there a couple of weeks ago--it's alright--chicks show you love in there

BWX is 5 mins from my crib--been there twice--hated it both times--bunch of people standing around--and the females were acting kinda funny...Eden's wasn't bad actualy the last time I went on a Sat. night (it was Morgan homecoming, though...so that might have been why it was ok) Red Maple is black on Sundays....

SuchATease

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Agree with the above comment about just making the drive to DC if you really trying to party...I live in Columbia--which is kinda between both cities...I can count the tiimes I drive up to B-More..lol...although if you really want to do B-More check out the power plant on Friday--there's a club down the street called Mist also--I was there a couple of weeks ago--it's alright--chicks show you love in there

BWX is 5 mins from my crib--been there twice--hated it both times--bunch of people standing around--and the females were acting kinda funny...Eden's wasn't bad actualy the last time I went on a Sat. night (it was Morgan homecoming, though...so that might have been why it was ok) Red Maple is black on Sundays....

I'mma check out this spot called Mist, never heard of it but then again a few of my friends are promoters so I only go clubbin when I know the music and the crowd is going to be live....

My Mom and Dad have been to BWX and my dad wore a suit, I asked if he felt out of place and he said that's what all the guys his age had on....one of the reasons I have no desire to go...lol

Bmore has turned into promoter city, folks flock to the parties given by the most popular promoters...kinda lame but at least you know what to expect....the flywire throw pretty good events, sye and eventsforgoodpeople as well...

I would like to check out Red Maple on sundays but I already have diff. getting up in the morning aint no way I'll be able to make it after clubbin...

Thanks for the info :D

Jeholla

Support BGOL
Registered
I can feel you on clubbin Sunday nights, I just don't recover like I use to. I heard Mist is ok, I've never been. I'll agree DC is where its at, but I hate the damn drive back to Baltimore.

SuchATease

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I can feel you on clubbin Sunday nights, I just don't recover like I use to. I heard Mist is ok, I've never been. I'll agree DC is where its at, but I hate the damn drive back to Baltimore.

Lol me either I remember when I could party til 4-5am but now when 1am starts creeping up I start yawning and some more stuff...lol

Yeah that drive is the worst and don't let me start on those speed cameras!!

My homeboy goes to club choices (wouldn't be caught dead in there lol) but he said they have cheap drink specials and the chicks are easy, hood with gold teeth and stab wounds but easy...lol

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol me either I remember when I could party til 4-5am but now when 1am starts creeping up I start yawning and some more stuff...lol

Yeah that drive is the worst and don't let me start on those speed cameras!!

My homeboy goes to club choices (wouldn't be caught dead in there lol) but he said they have cheap drink specials and the chicks are easy, hood with gold teeth and stab wounds but easy...lol
Yeah Choices is a hood spot.
Was pumping gas at that gas station right by it and some chick thick ass hell came through with this skirt that kept riding up her ass every time she took a step.
Then one of tha cats she was rolling with popped up and said they took her car and she got mad and started chasing that nigga around tha gas station.Shit was funny as hell.Was gonna spit at her but crack heads popped up like zombies in Thriller asking for change so I just got tha hell up out of there.I might go up there on Friday night to pick something up.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
fellas ill be in bmore this weekend

so hit up maple on sunday night

what do i hit up on sat night?

and good food near the stadium?

btw, the cowboys are going to bust that ass

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Go to the harbor area. Last time I went there I we ate at a restaurant and visited that submarine museum (USS Torsk). We then went sight seeing. I actually enjoyed Baltimore more than DC.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Currently in Baltimore. Whats the best seafood and hood strip club?
Mo's Seafood has a few different locations, the one in Towson is a pretty chill happy-hour type spot. As far as strip clubs, just hit "The Block" on Baltimore street and pick your poison. Most likely you'll end up settling in at Norma's but most spots don't have a cover so enjoy having a look around.

Rel

BLK STAR & BLACK BUSINESS OWNER
Registered
I went to Baltimore with my chic and went to Norma's on a Monday night got there at 11pm coming all the down from Newark 3hr drive. The skrippaz were all black and looked good but its a Monday so the energy was peaceful as fuck son. Gotta tandem lap dance with my chic from a red thick bitch. Bought some body oil to support the downtown hustlaz. There was only like 10 ppl outside around the corner from Norma's. Rode around Fayette st around 1am filming the ride. It was so quiet and deserted with them vacants lined up one after another. Would have done more but this was all I could squeeze since we checked out Philly, Camden, Greenwhich, Harlem, BX, and Newark. That was our NY trip.

When I come back to do it right. I'm doing my DMV trip(6 days). Gone stay some where around Bmore and DC AirBnB. Spend 2 days in Bmore doing it all, spend 2 days in DC, Spend 1 full day in Richmond, and the other day gone visit my girl's fam around The Virginia Beach area. Bringing that Cali bud with me too. Not gone spend too much time in the county unless its PG or Bmore. If any of the Fam has any tips for my DMV trip let a nigga know.