BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
sidebar

SilkyMemorableFossa-size_restricted.gif

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its going to be interesting to see this opening weekend what with most of you all busting out the kente cloth to go to the movie and the Mexicans breaking out their whatever they call there colors. Black and Brown in unison at the movies. "This is for la raza"

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
You REALLY think if...

Robert Downey Jr
Or
Chris Hemsworth
Or
Tom Holland

SUDDENLY DIED OF CANCER

they would immediately recast in the next movie.

You really and truly believe that?

More likely they'd postpone the sequel. Also highly unlikely they'd kill the characters along with the actor.

freakp

Star
BGOL Investor
This is what I speculated in another thread. With the next avengers film being so far away, and maybe adding years from "the snap", The kid could be Young but grown by the time secret wars hits.
Last scene of BP2: Folks finding out Nakia and T'Challa had a son- Why have you hidden him from us all this time?

Last line of the movie: "His name.... is T'Challa"

Then, you can do everything you had already mapped out for Chadwick; Storm, Secret wars, Illuminati, etc.. I just think we need to be patient for a while. it'll absolutely get resolved.
I've been staying this same thing for months now. I was one of the first to challenge Eman the guy really pushing the recast movement (click bait BTW) that believe it or not the sad death of Chadwick actually pushes Tachalla story arch further and actually this version of Tachalla can be even more cunning and ruthless if he is wink wink trained by killmonger and given that his mom is a spy etc. Now MCU can really do the BP story justice.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I've been staying this same thing for months now. I was one of the first to challenge Eman the guy really pushing the recast movement (click bait BTW) that believe it or not the sad death of Chadwick actually pushes Tachalla story arch further and actually this version of Tachalla can be even more cunning and ruthless if he is wink wink trained by killmonger and given that his mom is a spy etc. Now MCU can really do the BP story justice.

Eman isn't doing in it for clicks. Anyway if they refuse to recast "our" MCU T'Challa, which is fuckery in my opinion. I think using a time-discplaced younger version of our T'Challa(played by the young actor who played him in a deleted scene in BP1), kidnapped by a variant of Kang and raised by him and Ravonna(redbone from Loki series) to be a great warrior and eventually lead Kang's army. Oh, I forgot, fuck Killmonger.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What you think?
Some things I was unaware of and just assumed that they folded due to the comic book crisis that was going on at the time. I mean if you were buying comic books at the time shit started getting bad story wise for example the Spider-man clone saga, The Death of Superman which I thought was a bad story Red and Blue Superman. But no it was just good old racism. Milestone handled issues like gay characters better than Marvel and DC. I am glad to see them make a return. I may buy the compendium for my brothers grandson. I would also like to see them reach out to Kevin Grevioux.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Some things I was unaware of and just assumed that they folded due to the comic book crisis that was going on at the time. I mean if you were buying comic books at the time shit started getting bad story wise for example the Spider-man clone saga, The Death of Superman which I thought was a bad story Red and Blue Superman. But no it was just good old racism. Milestone handled issues like gay characters better than Marvel and DC. I am glad to see them make a return. I may buy the compendium for my brothers grandson. I would also like to see them reach out to Kevin Grevioux.

There was an earlier doc done on AMC

I think I had a thread on it, give me a few.

I had the honor of not only meeting one of the producers but a few of the legends.

That's why I tell folk to chill out and don't get caught up with the bullsh*t.

Support these artists no matter what.

From milestone to wakanda forever

And not just at Disney but the independents

White folk never do this to their own.

This is a rare life long opportunity we been demanding for generations

I don't believe NONE if these people gonna actually boycott. Not a one.

They gonna recast but,

How can any black man hate on a movie about black women grieving their king son and lover?

A black man?

Wtf sense does that make?

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

I had the honor of not only meeting one of the producers but a few of the legends.

They gonna recast but,

How can any black man hate on a movie about black women grieving their king son and lover?

A black man?

Chadwick's real funeral was streamed online. There was no reason to have T'Challa dead within the MCU. They could have easily written that the whole Thanos thing made him more paranoid and obsessive as ever and he took it upon himself to personally supervise construction of the Wakandan Galactic Defense Force. Or he and Nakia could have done what Harry and Meghan did and are living as civilians and T'Challa is teaching inner city kids in Oakland under the guise of Luke Charles(his American alias in the comics).

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They gonna recast but,

A black man?

[/QUOTE]

AAZIt97.img

Black-Panther-Dora-Milaje.jpg

Easy I see too many images like this and I see no images that look like me, like my friends, like my brothers grandson, like my friends sons. Like Dr. T Hasan Johnson said in his video what work have Black women done to deserve this type of representation. To all those Black boys who saw Black Panther on the big screen one time(and really he wasn't a comic accurate representation) what about them. My friends sons, my brothers grandson don't they deserve to see themselves on the big screen.

And when I say comic book accurate Black Panther. Black Panther was the man his first appearance Sue Storm had to catch herself from not dropping her drawers. His intellect was superior to Tony Stark and Reed Richards. But in his own movie his sister is smarter than him and he's the king simping for Nakia.....really, I mean really.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

They gonna recast but,

A black man?

AAZIt97.img

Black-Panther-Dora-Milaje.jpg

Easy I see too many images like this and I see no images that look like me, like my friends, like my brothers grandson, like my friends sons. Like Dr. T Hasan Johnson said in his video what work have Black women done to deserve this type of representation. To all those Black boys who saw Black Panther on the big screen one time(and really he wasn't a comic accurate representation) what about them. My friends sons, my brothers grandson don't they deserve to see themselves on the big screen.

And when I say comic book accurate Black Panther. Black Panther was the man his first appearance Sue Storm had to catch herself from not dropping her drawers. His intellect was superior to Tony Stark and Reed Richards. But in his own movie his sister is smarter than him and he's the king simping for Nakia.....really, I mean really.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, robbing the MCU T'Challa of his genius intellect was a fuck you to black men. Black girls had the real life women of 'Hidden Figures' to look up to. When do black guys get to see a black genius that is not only smart, but tough, great fighter, strategist, leader and more tirival-fuckable to women. Almost never T'Challa met(meets in the comics) thst description.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam go watch Narcos. He’s the real deal.

Dude was also in that last Purge movie. He was the ONLY bright star in that flick.

oNE
Dude could have won the Oscar for all I care its too many things wrong with this. First of all why do Mexicans need to be included in a movie centered on Blackness? Again with this Black and Brown bullshit. There's no Black and Brown coalition. And then this guy from all looks is the strong male presence and everyone else is a female. Then they make this guy Namor. In the comics Namor goes toe to toe with the Hulk. Its just too many bad things with this I don't have any sons like I'm sure a lot of you do is this an example of what you want to expose them to?