Fight Night!!!!! Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter WBO Welterweight Championship 9pm ET

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I disagree. Its the fight in the dog and not the dog in the fight. Every time you fight someone again there are differences, people grow. Crawford had a real tough time with Porter until the knock out, if he fought him again, he would change up a bit to avenge the loss. Remember, his dad stopped the fight, he was still ready. I boxed for a long time, became a national champion, and fought and lost to someone more than once, and each time I fought dude, the fight was different. He beat me hands down the first fight, but the second fight, I got in that ass, I should have won it, it was a 3/2 split, but I loss. Nonetheless, it was a different fight. I was in better shape and my approach was different. My two cents.

It’s ok to disagree. Porter brought the fight to Crawford and Porter was the aggressor.

But was Porter tagging Crawford? Was he really hitting Crawford with lots of punches? Did he rock Crawford a couple of times or was he just the busier fighter?

Porter’s skill level isn’t going to get better, he’s an aggressive fighter that smothers his opponents and outworks them.

His skills aren’t going to improve enough to beat Spence or Crawford. He does stand a punchers chance but if Spence or Crawford doesn’t want to fight Porter’s style, they’ll pick him apart all night.

His Dad stopped the fight because Porter was about to get knocked the fuck out.

To use your words: “I’m not sure what fight you were watching”, but Shawn was knocked down twice in 30 seconds. He Wasn’t staying on his feet for another minute plus in the fight.

If you believe that he would’ve lasted the rest of the round that’s great and Shawn thanks you for you belief in him. But myself and his Dad knew that he was going down.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pop's was wrong to stop the fight, no way Porter getting KO'd was a foregone conclusion. This was a close championship fight, Porter was emphatic with the ref that he wanted to continue, let the man fight.
To use your words: “I’m not sure what fight you were watching”, but Shawn was knocked down twice in 30 seconds. He Wasn’t staying on his feet for another minute plus in the fight.
If you're a boxing fan then you've seen fighters in far worse shape than Porter, with more time on the clock who've survived rounds. Stop acting like Porter was flopping around like a fish out of water, he was hurt but not visibly hurt to the point that this fight must be stopped immediately. Come on man, premature stoppage, this was a championship fight.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pop's was wrong to stop the fight, no way Porter getting KO'd was a foregone conclusion. This was a close championship fight, Porter was emphatic with the ref that he wanted to continue, let the man fight.

If you're a boxing fan then you've seen fighters in far worse shape than Porter, with more time on the clock who've survived rounds. Stop acting like Porter was flopping around like a fish out of water, he was hurt but not visibly hurt to the point that this fight must be stopped immediately. Come on man, premature stoppage, this was a championship fight.

I’m guess there was a 3 knockdown rule in the fight, he was knocked down twice in 30 seconds or less.

Do you REALLY believe that he wasn’t going to get knocked down again with 1:21 left to go in the round?

You said I’m acting like Porter was flopping around, I never said that and I don’t believe that.

I’m saying he WAS going to get knocked down one more time in that round or knocked out. I believe he would’ve gotten knocked down one more time before he got knocked out though.

The point is he wasn’t flopping around or looking dazed but he still was knocked down twice. Do you really think it would’ve taken much for him to get knocked down again?

I was shocked like everyone else that his Dad stopped the fight, but I understand why he did because Shawn was going down again in that round.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m guess there was a 3 knockdown rule in the fight, he was knocked down twice in 30 seconds or less.

Do you REALLY believe that he wasn’t going to get knocked down again with 1:21 left to go in the round?
Alex Stewart, in a non-championship 3 KD rule fight, was fighting the murderous puncher George Foreman, down twice with 1:25 left in the round. This fight also showed how dirty a fighter Foreman was, even in his cuddly Grandpa era, he was fouling this entire fight. He actually loss this fight but they gave it to him. Foreman's face was grotesque by the end of this fight.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Alex Stewart, in a non-championship 3 KD rule fight, was fighting the murderous puncher George Foreman, down twice with 1:25 left in the round. This fight also showed how dirty a fighter Foreman was, even in his cuddly Grandpa era, he was fouling this entire fight. He actually loss this fight but they gave it to him. Foreman's face was grotesque by the end of this fight.

I think there’s some confusion. I “Wish” his Dad didn’t stop the fight, but I Understand why he did.

Shawn wasn’t getting out of that round and his Dad knew it.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shawn Porter Sr and myself feel differently.

Shawn Porter Jr respects his Dad as his Coach\Trainer to look after him and his best interests.

We all believe the fight was over but yes you’re right. It wasn’t a foregone conclusion to you, but to us three it was. :dunno:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't include Shawn with you and pops because Shawn was emphatic about wanting to continue.

Tell me more

rubbing-hands-together-gif-4.gif

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tell me more

rubbing-hands-together-gif-4.gif

When the ref asked if he wanted to continue he emphatically said yes, in the video you posted the interviewer asked if he felt like he could have continued he said yes. What am I missing? Where does he say I was done, good stoppage?

Reactions: BKF

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the ref asked if he wanted to continue he emphatically said yes, in the video you posted the interviewer asked if he felt like he could have continued he said yes. What am I missing? Where does he say I was done, good stoppage?

Literally the first 40 seconds.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are you talking about him praising Crawford?

No, I’m talking about him saying that his Dad saw things that he didn’t and Shawn himself saying he was getting hit with clean shots.

Shawn also said his Dad was doing what he knows that he needs to do in that situation.

You got it though.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, I’m talking about him saying that his Dad saw things that he didn’t and Shawn himself saying he was getting hit with clean shots.

Shawn also said his Dad was doing what he knows that he needs to do in that situation.

You got it though.
What he's saying is he understands why his father did what he did, doesn't mean he agrees. When directly asked if he wanted to continue and if he felt he could continue he twice answered yes. This was a bad stoppage in a championship fight. As a boxing fan I know for a fact you've seen fighters in far worse shape than Porter and in less important fights that were allowed to continue. As I said you and pops wanted the fight stopped, Shawn wanted to fight.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What he's saying is he understands why his father did what he did, doesn't mean he agrees. When directly asked if he wanted to continue and if he felt he could continue he twice answered yes. This was a bad stoppage in a championship fight. As a boxing fan I know for a fact you've seen fighters in far worse shape than Porter and in less important fights that were allowed to continue. As I said you and pops wanted the fight stopped, Shawn wanted to fight.

Shawn understands why the fight was stopped, Shawn’s Dad understands why he stopped the fight.

I understand why the fight was stopped by you don’t, do you see the problem?

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shawn understands why the fight was stopped, Shawn’s Dad understands why he stopped the fight.

I understand why the fight was stopped by you don’t, do you see the problem?
No, I understand why pops stopped the fight, he cares about his son and didn't want to see him hurt, he was being overly cautious. Shawn Porter understands why his pops stopped the fight, doesn't mean he agrees with the stoppage. What I don't understand is why you think it was a good stoppage. As I pointed out before, if you're a boxing fan, if you're someone who follows the sport of boxing I know for a fact that you've seen fighters in far worse shape than Porter that were allowed to continue. Why you're acting like Shawn Porter could barely stand and the fight had to be stopped, I don't understand.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, I understand why pops stopped the fight, he cares about his son and didn't want to see him hurt, he was being overly cautious. Shawn Porter understands why his pops stopped the fight, doesn't mean he agrees with the stoppage. What I don't understand is why you think it was a good stoppage. As I pointed out before, if you're a boxing fan, if you're someone who follows the sport of boxing I know for a fact that you've seen fighters in far worse shape than Porter that were allowed to continue. Why you're acting like Shawn Porter could barely stand and the fight had to be stopped, I don't understand.

Again there’s some confusion. I never said it was a “Good” stoppage, I never said that I wanted it to be stopped and I never said that I think it should’ve been stopped.

I said I “Understand” why it was stopped. I understand why Sr threw in the towel and said no more.

The first knockdown Crawford grazed Porter’s chin but most of the punch was to his chest. Shawn feel.

The second punch hit him clean in the side of the head and Shawn fell. Both punches weren’t amazingly powerful punches, but Shawn still fell.

Bottom line, Shawn was already tenderized by punches and it wasn’t gonna take much to knock him down again. And if the round continued, I’m confident Bid would’ve hit him with a punch hard enough to knock him down.

That third knockdown would’ve been a TKO win for Crawford and do you know what you would’ve said?

You would’ve said that Porter got knocked down three times by flash knockdowns and he was still willing and ready to fight.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It’s ok to disagree. Porter brought the fight to Crawford and Porter was the aggressor.

But was Porter tagging Crawford? Was he really hitting Crawford with lots of punches? Did he rock Crawford a couple of times or was he just the busier fighter?

Porter’s skill level isn’t going to get better, he’s an aggressive fighter that smothers his opponents and outworks them.

His skills aren’t going to improve enough to beat Spence or Crawford. He does stand a punchers chance but if Spence or Crawford doesn’t want to fight Porter’s style, they’ll pick him apart all night.

If you believe that he would’ve lasted the rest of the round that’s great and Shawn thanks you for you belief in him. But myself and his Dad knew that he was going down.
Bruh, I have seen fighters get knocked down 5 and 6 times and get up and win the fight. Dude, he was frustratingly beating his hands on the canvas because he knew he fucked up. He wasn't hurt. But yeah, we can agree to disagree on this one. I don't think he will ever beat Spence because Spence was beating him. On the other hand Crawford wasn't beating him to me. Also, Crawford got buzzed a couple of times in that fight. Further, Porter has nice boxing skills, but he is more effective trying to be a bruiser.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh, I have seen fighters get knocked down 5 and 6 times and get up and win the fight. Dude, he was frustratingly beating his hands on the canvas because he knew he fucked up. He wasn't hurt. But yeah, we can agree to disagree on this one. I don't think he will ever beat Spence because Spence was beating him. On the other hand Crawford wasn't beating him to me. Also, Crawford got buzzed a couple of times in that fight. Further, Porter has nice boxing skills, but he is more effective trying to be a bruiser.

I thought Shawn was winning the fight too and I also don’t think he was badly hurt after the two knock downs. The two knock downs, I mean the two knock downs :roflmao:

I had to repeat it so that you know that he was getting up off of the mat from punches twice in a 30 second span. Something was hurt and it was more than his pride! :lol:

But no, I don’t think he was very hurt. I believe was frustrated because he got caught twice and he saw the writing on the wall.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Kenny Porter would have stopped this fight.

Telll ya what though. Dude was almost gone because just before he changed the fight. Ole dude tried to hit ole boy in the head with a knee kick but it hit his leg. :lol:

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Again there’s some confusion. I never said it was a “Good” stoppage, I never said that I wanted it to be stopped and I never said that I think it should’ve been stopped.

I said I “Understand” why it was stopped. I understand why Sr threw in the towel and said no more.
That's not true, if that's all you said then I would have no problem with it because I agree, Kenny Porter's not wanting to see his son hurt was the reason he stopped the fight but that's not all you said. You've stated several times in this thread, with conviction I might add, that if the fight continued Shawn Porter was not going to survive the round, so you're saying the stoppage was justified.
That third knockdown would’ve been a TKO win for Crawford and do you know what you would’ve said?

You would’ve said that Porter got knocked down three times by flash knockdowns and he was still willing and ready to fight.
Not true, if the three knockdown rule is in effect, then there is no debate. Even if I felt the fighter could continue if the fighter was KD three times and the rule is in effect, there's nothing to argue about.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I disagree. Its the fight in the dog and not the dog in the fight. Every time you fight someone again there are differences, people grow. Crawford had a real tough time with Porter until the knock out, if he fought him again, he would change up a bit to avenge the loss. Remember, his dad stopped the fight, he was still ready. I boxed for a long time, became a national champion, and fought and lost to someone more than once, and each time I fought dude, the fight was different. He beat me hands down the first fight, but the second fight, I got in that ass, I should have won it, it was a 3/2 split, but I loss. Nonetheless, it was a different fight. I was in better shape and my approach was different. My two cents.

You acting like Spence had an easy walk in the park with Porter. NO ONE has had an easy fight with him. The knockdown was the difference in the decision win for Spence.

Crawford broke him down with those hard punches to the chest and body. Crawford took his best and hurt him more just like Spence did.

Yall niccas forget that Spence/Porter was a split decision which is typical when any high level boxer has boxed Porter

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's not true, if that's all you said then I would have no problem with it because I agree, Kenny Porter's not wanting to see his son hurt was the reason he stopped the fight but that's not all you said. You've stated several times in this thread, with conviction I might add, that if the fight continued Shawn Porter was not going to survive the round, so you're saying the stoppage was justified.

Not true, if the three knockdown rule is in effect, then there is no debate. Even if I felt the fighter could continue if the fighter was KD three times and the rule is in effect, there's nothing to argue about.

The third knockdown would’ve looked like the other two and would’ve been fast and Shawn would’ve been alright once got up. Crawford would’ve hit Porter with a few more punches and if Porter didn’t fall, the ref would’ve stopped it.

The man already fell twice, a nice flurry from Crawford and the ref would’ve stopped it or Porter would’ve fell and the fight would’ve been over.

Yes there’s other fights where fighter were more hurt and they came back. In Shawn’s Dad and my opinion, that wasn’t happening.

And yes I say with conviction, “I UNDERSTAND” why Porter Sr stopped the fight.

Yes the stoppage was justified because Jr was about to get TKO’s or knocked out. Either one was going to happen and Sr saw it.

You don’t and that’s ok.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You acting like Spence had an easy walk in the park with Porter. NO ONE has had an easy fight with him. The knockdown was the difference in the decision win for Spence.

Crawford broke him down with those hard punches to the chest and body. Crawford took his best and hurt him more just like Spence did.

Yall niccas forget that Spence/Porter was a split decision which is typical when any high level boxer has boxed Porter
Never said it was an easy fight. But you can tell that Spence was winning. Crawford wasn't winning. And dude wasn't ready to go. Shit a whole lot deeper than the surface we seeing. If I was his coach, I wouldn't have stopped over a flash knock down.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It was definitely a close fight, closer than it needed to be because Spence chose to get in the trenches and fight Shawn’s fight.

But definitely close and a hard fought fight.