Fight Night!!!!! Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter WBO Welterweight Championship 9pm ET

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
True but he wouldve been target practice..... and wouldve taken a lot of shots he

dont need if he wants a long boxing career....He has NOTHING to be ashamed of tho....
I don't think Porter is looking for a longer career. This is about it for him.
He already said he aint fighting Boots.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man, he got hit in the chest. He could have easily made it out of that round. He would have to get at least a knock down to win it. But, after looking at the cards, that shit was rigged. No way in the hell Bud was winning that fight up to the knock downs.

Me and his Dad didn’t think that he was making it out of that round! :roflmao:

But I do agree, I didn’t have Bud winning the fight up to the knockdowns either.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A little defense would have helped neutralize that.

I think Shawn showed great ringman ship, head movement was on point... its my humble opinion

he miscalculated Crawford, thought he was more hurt and tired then he actually was... and it cost him..

How do you think Shawn shouldve applied " a little defense" that wouldve neutralized that,

you dont think he had great head movement, and thats just his style of fight...??

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My dawg Spence was like mannnn this nigga

I want to see Crawford vs Spence - I'd pick Spence for the W... Crawford vs Thurman - Crawford all day... Thurman need to get his talking ass back in the ring tho

Thurman is damn near retired his head aint in the game anymore after he got married to that weird ass lady.

He ain't trying to get in the ring with killers like Spence or Bud

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
From what I seen tonight he does not beat Errol. He only caught Shawn because he always fight stupid. Terrance gets hit too much. I don't know if he beats Thurman
Man you been hard on Bud...for me, this and the Kell Brook fight answered the physicality questions I had about Bud at 147...I just cant shake this feeling that Spence is fucked up somehow...he looked good against Garcia in my eyes but the retina shit scares me...Pacquiao would have lost to Spence but I wish I knew what it was Pacquiao and his team saw that they made them so eager to fight him

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I think Shawn showed great ringman ship, head movement was on point... its my humble opinion

he miscalculated Crawford, thought he was more hurt and tired then he actually was... and it cost him..

How do you think Shawn shouldve applied " a little defense" that wouldve neutralized that,

you dont think he had great head movement, and thats just his style of fight...??
I'm talking about when he jumped in and got caught. Crawford threw and missed and came back and hit Porter. Had he covered up...he could have neutralize that knockdown punch.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cause he dont want that fight

Wasn't no missed opportunity, it's nothing to sign the dotted line... A missed opportunity for the fans to see two fighters jawing at each other, but that does nothing regarding getting that contract on the table and signed... Definitely don't put it past Errol to move up...

Pops made a smart move, but that interview was dumb

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think Porter is looking for a longer career. This is about it for him.
He already said he aint fighting Boots.

The way he fought crawford he looks like he has a few more good fights in him....Id rather see him,

get it ALL out NOW,

then try to come back in his late forties.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Wasn't no missed opportunity, it's nothing to sign the dotted line... A missed opportunity for the fans to see two fighters jawing at each other, but that does nothing regarding getting that contract on the table and signed... Definitely don't put it past Errol to move up...

Naw man Spence should have stayed and faced Crawford. Selling the show is a part of boxing. Boxing is entertainment.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man the second knockdown was a flash knockdown and he threw a temper tantrum in the middle of the Ring there was no reason why that fight should have been stopped. Plus Crawford gets hit and has been hurt in that fight. Kenny should be fired.

But everytime he been hurt he comes back and brings the pain.

My nicca you still don't like Bud :lol:

But i agree with you on most boxing shit.

You gotta at least agree that his punch is legit.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Definitely was a missed opportunity.
Get your ass in the ring, steal Bud's shine and stir the pot on a world-wide stage.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FEsfc6EUUAI15Iw

FEsfc6VVIAIGc1I

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
My dawg Spence was like mannnn this nigga

I want to see Crawford vs Spence - I'd pick Spence for the W... Crawford vs Thurman - Crawford all day... Thurman need to get his talking ass back in the ring tho
Thurman hits hard and Crawford gets hit easy. If you watch interviews of all the porters opponents he doesn't have much pop. If Terrence takes those shots of Keith he's getting dropped. Mean machine dropped him

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Spence beats Crawford. It will be a tough fight, but Spence beats him hands down. I think Spence hits harder and is more functional. Jab is better in my opinion. I dont think it will be a stoppage because Bud has a lot of fight in him.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw man Spence should have stayed and faced Crawford. Selling the show is a part of boxing. Boxing is entertainment.
Like I said that's shit the fans want to see - I could care less about that back n forth jawing because if the fight is made we all gonna watch it regardless... The names on the card sell itself

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
First off great fight, both fighters represented themselves well.

I had Crawford ahead slightly but it was a damn close fight before the knockdowns.

I noticed like others have stated right before that round someone was telling Crawford he was losing which made him step his game up.

As far as the stoppage it was complete bullshit IMO.

He got caught but was obviously not too hurt to continue. He may have gotten stopped later but he was nowhere near being hurt enough to justify the fight ending when it did.

More than that I think his father is fucked up for saying that bullshit about him post fight particularly considering how good he looked tonight.

If I were Shawn this would be my last fight with him at trainer.

Lastly I have to say that Shawn Porter, as a man, is someone I genuinely respect who always a class act which definitely showed tonight considering what his father said and his obviously disagreeing with the stoppage.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thurman hits hard and Crawford gets hit easy. If you watch interviews of all the porters opponents he doesn't have much pop. If Terrence takes those shots of Keith he's getting dropped. Mean machine dropped him

Thurman aint knocked anyone out since 2013 or 14, that dude don't want any smoke with Spence or Bud.

Dude is only good for interviews

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Man you been hard on Bud...for me, this and the Kell Brook fight answered the physicality questions I had about Bud at 147...I just cant shake this feeling that Spence is fucked up somehow...he looked good against Garcia in my eyes but the retina shit scares me...Pacquiao would have lost to Spence but I wish I knew what it was Pacquiao and his team saw that they made them so eager to fight him
I watch Bud get hit too much flush. Porter hurt him tonight and he's not a puncher. Errol Spence has way more boxing skill and he hits twice as hard as Shawn. Keith Thurman cracks harder than both of them. Bud is nasty but he gets hit cleanly. when he loses it's going to be by stoppage