Judas and the Black Messiah (discussion)

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Im a hater cuz im not excited to see immigrants perform shitty Black American accents in film? :lol:

Yall always wanting to be pretending to be us for the world to see. Black Americans have built a culture as grand and influential as the Egyptians, the Ashanti, etc or any other great Black civilization in history. We take pride in the rest of the diaspora having to mimic us to be considered great as an actor. Danny cant be great being and talking like a Ugandan on film.
You said movie is wack makes you a hater B

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
great movie but seriously are these two the only new black actors that are in Hollywood?like goddamn spread it around let some other actors get a chance to star in something.One of them dudes is British,let him go back across the pound and make a movie of two.
niggas always have to find something bitch about.. Divide and conquer is real and apparently working. Hell some of those British brothers put in more work for the cause then a lot of the so-called black Americans.

next you gone tell me that this brother shouldn't be fighting for Black Americans...smh. i swear we can't get out of our own way sometimes.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I definitely will catch this one when released. They need to just go ahead and release it for a few on the streaming sites and just forgo a theatrical release... or in addition to a theatrical release.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Nigga linked John Boyega as putting in more work against WS than ADOS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you dudes dont got twitter cuz this shit is getting clowned ferociously on there. Yall talkin like its just us.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
nigga act like twitter runs the world. As if losers on twitter with an opinion are the only thing that matter.

no, the only thing that matters is Black immigrants on BGOL that get hyped seeing immigrants in blackface in Hollywood. Yall say this shit a must see, so now we must see it, or we being "divisive". :lol:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw, didn't feel like I needed to see Queen and Slim. It didn't resonate with me.

I watched Harriet with my family. Its worth the watch. Especially because it serves as a catalyst for conversation.

Yes, the quality level for black movies has increased. But, it seems like a quantum leap because of the TVOne movies we were used to. The Photograph wasn't a commercial hit and wasn't a "great" movie, but it set a standard regarding the quality of cinematography that can be achieved with black films. Similar to when How Stella Got Her Groove Back and The Best Man came out.

Regardless, you cant say you didnt feel something when Daniel Kaluuya said my favorite quote of Brother Fred "You can murder a revolutionary, but you can never murder a revolution!!"
How can you forget Do The Right Thing or Mo' Better Blues? Ernest Dickerson was a beast cinematographer.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

@TimRock that's one of the "idiots on twitter" you was talking about.

See not all Black immigrants worship white people as their God and Jesus-like savior. Some actually can and do turn down money and resources white folks offer them if their integrity is at stake. Its rare, but they are out there. This guy can see it, so no excuses for the other migrants.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
How can you forget Do The Right Thing or Mo' Better Blues? Ernest Dickerson was a beast cinematographer.
True true. Two of my favorite movies. That scene with Bleek going back and forth between the two women arguing was masterful. The whole movie was a work of art.

tumblr_or1re4hvRn1qa8sljo2_400.gifv

Another movie that was slept on that has brilliant cinematography is Idlewild. They should have received an award for the cinematography alone.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
great movie but seriously are these two the only new black actors that are in Hollywood?like goddamn spread it around let some other actors get a chance to star in something.One of them dudes is British,let him go back across the pound and make a movie of two.
Chadwick was committed to Da 5 Bloods, I guess. :lol:

I agree Bruh, we keep seeing the same handful get all the work.

I look forward to seeing it though.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
guess this is about to be a thread filled with copy and pasted tweets.

No itll be a thread of black immigrants from all over the world venting and punching down at Black Americans safeguarding their icons. Or telling us how Fred Hampton wasnt ADOS, just black. Everybody vs. ADOS, go!!! :lol:

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Movie will flop just like Harriet. I dont expect a great movie about a revolutionary from a major corporation. And Kaluuya's accent and look just isnt Fred in the trailer.

I will say it again very slow...

"If you are not ADOS, you don't need to be playing ADOS historical icons on film right now. The block is very hot."

We just had a race/ethnicity convo yesterday, but yall go ahead and play dumb and say Daniel Kaluuya is the EXACT same as a black man from Louisiana or theres no difference due to white gaze. "We all Black American", " yall are divisive ", " I can't turn down these good white folks money, yada yada". :smh:

I just posted Zoe Saldana begging for mercy and forgiveness, thats bout to be Danny in 4 years. None of his work is gonna stand the test of time in the US. I understand Danny is all about his tribe so he doesn't care how we feel as long as white folks are paying him, but hes about to find out they not gonna be able to protect him and that shit isnt a joke.
Why don’t you make a better movie

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Told you they were coming.

No non-ADOS will ever be accepted playing an ADOS historical figure in American film ever again. Yall fucked that up rallying behind that Harriet trash. You gambled on Erivo and lost homie. Now Danny and all the other non ADOS actors can only get love doin sci-fi shit and fictional dramas. Sucks, but still better than mopping floors at film studios in London.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
You sound awfully excited for a Local Black man to fail. What’s your problem?

You sound totally detached from Black America in 2020, prioritizing the "success" of 1 black man that works for a Jewish corporation over the interest of our people and integrity of our icons. You dudes need to make it a blockbuster smash. Prove you dont need ADOS support to make an ADOS movie successful.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
BGOL is the only place online where the idea that you can have something specifically about Black American culture and history be successful without the support or co-sign of Black Americans exists. I told you guys how Harriet would end up, seen or heard Cynthia Erivo in anything lately? Brushing us off isnt gonna work. :smh:

Yup outsiders and she killed it