Charles Barkley never won an NBA championship. Here's what left him empty-handed.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Richard Dumas got suspended for a yr than again for breaking NBA substance drug policy... Dumas was a rookie scoring threat for the sun's that average 20 points a game in the NBA finals that yr when they lost to the bulls in 6... Kid was a 15-20 point a night scoring threat that was severely missed the following 2 seasons in which Houston rockets instead advance... Also Charles Barkley back started acting up... So key offensive player missing and back spasm stopped the sun's from returning to finals in which they would've most likely beat the Knicks or magic.. That is the real reason.. If you actually watch bball and not a YouTube or google searcher you would know these things

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Richard Dumas got suspended for a yr than again for breaking NBA substance drug policy... Dumas was a rookie scoring threat for the sun's that average 20 points a game in the NBA finals that yr when they lost to the bulls in 6... Kid was a 15-20 point a night scoring threat that was severely missed the following 2 seasons in which Houston rockets instead advance... Also Charles Barkley back started acting up... So key offensive player missing and back spasm stopped the sun's from returning to finals in which they would've most likely beat the Knicks or magic.. That is the real reason.. If you actually watch bball and not a YouTube or google searcher you would know these things

/thread

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
People SLEEP on those Suns teams...

majorly

Chuck was so close

Ewing (and the Knicks later) was SO close

Malone and Stockon were SO close....

Trailblazers were so Close thank the Lord for Houston for Clyde

Jordan or NOT

there were so many factors BESIDES just injuries

suspensions, officiating, scheduling...ESPECIALLY coaching.

That is why I have SO MUCH respect for these pro athletes who actually gave they LIVES to winning.

So f*ck all the other stuff about Chuck.

On the court?

He was a MONSTER...

And so were the others I mentioned.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
People SLEEP on those Suns teams...

majorly

Chuck was so close

Ewing (and the Knicks later) was SO close

Malone and Stockon were SO close....

Trailblazers were so Close thank the Lord for Houston for Clyde

Jordan or NOT

there were so many factors BESIDES just injuries

suspensions, officiating, scheduling...ESPECIALLY coaching.

That is why I have SO MUCH respect for these pro athletes who actually gave they LIVES to winning.

So f*ck all the other stuff about Chuck.

On the court?

He was a MONSTER...

And so were the others I mentioned.
there was yrs Barkley almost average 2 blocks a game.. Imagine a 6'4 Nig blocking damn near twice a game plus pulling in over 12+ rebs a night + putting up 20+ points a game + shooting over 50 percent a game... Barkley was a monster and a force to be reckoned with... People really don't understand how fast and strong that dude really was... And that Sun's squad averaged over 114 points a game, had 7 players average double digits a night, had the best record in the league... 62-20... 1 of the most slept on finals losers... As a bull fan we really respected that Sun's team and knew they were capable of defeating us that series... If Jordan didn't go full " air" Jordan they would've

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fantasy basketball is not reality basketball, the game is play on the court not on paper.
All of those just sound like excuses, we have seen teams with less talent win championships.
I really don't get into discussions about the "would've, should've" because the game itself can be unpredictable at times.
Houston beat them twice even as a 6 seed, they suffer injuries throughout that season too.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Their weakness in ‘93 was at center; Mark West was nothing more than a big body that took up space but did not much of anything on either end of the court; 4 of that staring 5 (Barkley, Johnson, Dumas, Marjele) were able to match up with Chicago pound for pound and they needed that last piece; West wasn’t it.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
there was yrs Barkley almost average 2 blocks a game.. Imagine a 6'4 Nig blocking damn near twice a game plus pulling in over 12+ rebs a night + putting up 20+ points a game + shooting over 50 percent a game... Barkley was a monster and a force to be reckoned with... People really don't understand how fast and strong that dude really was... And that Sun's squad averaged over 114 points a game, had 7 players average double digits a night, had the best record in the league... 62-20... 1 of the most slept on finals losers... As a bull fan we really respected that Sun's team and knew they were capable of defeating us that series... If Jordan didn't go full " air" Jordan they would've
I read an article where Barkley said he played guard position in highschool then had a growth spurt and they moved him to forward...so you have a person who had an ability to be a court general but the size and strength to go toe to toe with even bigger opponents PLUS heart... now thats a bad muthafucka...Charles, like Iverson (who carried the team on his back and got close but no cigar)..just had bad luck in terms of the team eras they played in :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There weakness in ‘93 was at center; Mark West was nothing more than a big body that took up space but did not much of anything on either end of the court; 4 of that staring 5 (Barkley, Johnson, Dumas, Marjele) were able to match up with Chicago pound for pound and they needed that last piece; West wasn’t it.
Jordan: 31, 42, 44, 55, 41, 33... Those were his points total for each game... Nig literally average 41 points that series.. Literally only scoring less than 40 points in only 2 out of 6 games... Like I said if Jordan doesn't go full "air" that series Sun's would've probably won it

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I read an article where Barkley said he played guard position in highschool then had a growth spurt and they moved him to forward...so you have a person who had an ability to be a court general but the size and strength to go toe to toe with even bigger opponents PLUS heart... now thats a bad muthafucka...Charles, like Iverson (who carried the team on his back and got close but no cigar)..just had bad luck in terms of the team eras they played in :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
I say the same thing about Kevin Johnson... He is 1 of the most underrated point guards ever.. He literally gets overlooked cause he played at the same time when magic johnson, zeke, and John Stockton played... Literally his best yrs got overshadowed by those 3 cause magic was literally having mvp yrs, zeke was having career yrs in assist and winning finals, and Stockton was on a rampage with having yrs having 13-14 assist a game... When 2 guards are winning rings, mvp awards, and another dude is having 13-14 assist a game you gonna get overshadowed and miss out on all star appearances and all NBA teams... When you take some of his seasons he literally had similar numbers and even better numbers than Chris paul... But because the era he played his numbers get overlooked cause he played during the 3 headed monster era which whom are all hall of famers

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Their weakness in ‘93 was at center; Mark West was nothing more than a big body that took up space but did not much of anything on either end of the court; 4 of that staring 5 (Barkley, Johnson, Dumas, Marjele) were able to match up with Chicago pound for pound and they needed that last piece; West wasn’t it.
bulls weakness was center, Bill Cartwright and Mark West cancel each other out lol.

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered
Richard Dumas was that dude. He always looked high tho I wasn't surprised when he got suspended.
Other guards overshadowed KJ but anyone who was watching the NBA back then knows he was nothing to fuck with.

No sir them losing had nothing to do with Mark West. It was like Tallblack stated, Mike went ham they had no answers for him and when he passed Kerr was hitting them spot ups.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I say the same thing about Kevin Johnson... He is 1 of the most underrated point guards ever.. He literally gets overlooked cause he played at the same time when magic johnson, zeke, and John Stockton played... Literally his best yrs got overshadowed by those 3 cause magic was literally having mvp yrs, zeke was having career yrs in assist and winning finals, and Stockton was on a rampage with having yrs having 13-14 assist a game... When 2 guards are winning rings, mvp awards, and another dude is having 13-14 assist a game you gonna get overshadowed and miss out on all star appearances and all NBA teams... When you take some of his seasons he literally had similar numbers and even better numbers than Chris paul... But because the era he played his numbers get overlooked cause he played during the 3 headed monster era which whom are all hall of famers

FACTS

(however his off the court behavior makes this a VERY difficult debate to participate in with polite company)

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
FACTS

(however his off the court behavior makes this a VERY difficult debate to participate in with polite company)
Ray Lewis was involved in a murder and oj was accused of double murder...with that said when it comes to the game you can't deny them dudes were talented.. I believe you can easily separate off court and on court behavior and this goes for kj also... If two cac qbs can get passes for sexual assault in rapenberg and manning and still get props for their achievements than so can bros

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
goddamn nigga its 20 minutes...:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

here's the cliff notes chuck got drafted to the sixers, traded to the suns then traded to the rockets..and he never won a ring with any of those teams.
hows that?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exactly! Who wants to listen to his dribble for 20 minutes? Patrick Ewing didn't win a title either but he's not bothering us with excuses.

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
born and raised in Illinois

i was a 12-19 during the Bulls era

my step father published a book about Jordan, and taped every game

Inside Stuff even did a show at my middle school and brought the Bulls

.....and i was the BIGGEST Barkley fan

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It wasn't ment for him to win,there were a lot of players that deserved or came close to wining but didn't win a ring but their still who they are,their still great players.

Playing in that era that Barkley played in,should be a badge of honor to even say you were a star playing in those days because every team had a star but Jordan's star shined the brightest and that's just that.
These stars now don't want competition they want the money,fame,the ring and some more shit with being challenged very little,it's like they avoid the shit;There's no way Lance Stevens should be in China and not in the league on some team in the NBA

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wasn't for John Stockman Barkley, Hakeem & Drexler would possibly played the Bull in '97...

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
huh??

thats an odd hill to stand on

"Stephenson agreed to a one-year, $4 million deal with the Liaoning Flying Leopards of the Chinese Basketball",I spelled his name wrong but there is no way this man should be over in China playing,Lebron being the head of the team should of knew better because they need him RIGHT NOW.

zenman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chuck was a basketball freak of nature. Who dominates at PF at 6'5"? That's like an average height 2 guard. Jordan and Kobie are taller than Chuck. Once in a life time player......even though sometimes you have to put his mic on mute

zenman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wasn't for John Stockman Barkley, Hakeem & Drexler would possibly played the Bull in '97...

That game hurt my heart. That was my senior yr of HS. I took a ride up the elevator to prom with the whole back court of the Utah Jazz. Got off the elevator with my date and Antoine Carr says "have a good night little man". I'm 5'7" smh

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
bulls weakness was center, Bill Cartwright and Mark West cancel each other out lol.
Don't disrespect Bill Cartwright. He could ball. Played D and had a little shot. He was also an enforcer. He gave Kareem fits when Cap got older. Bill just did his job nothing fancy. He held up against bill laimbeer, rick Mahoney, patrick Ewing, etc.

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
"Stephenson agreed to a one-year, $4 million deal with the Liaoning Flying Leopards of the Chinese Basketball",I spelled his name wrong but there is no way this man should be over in China playing,Lebron being the head of the team should of knew better because they need him RIGHT NOW.

no.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Barkley says him not winning it is ok. He lying. It stings and haunts his ass every night. He cries often. In the car