Can somebody explain to me exactly WTF is wrong with Bill Walton?

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished watching the Pac-12 semis & this fool was like a real like Pepper Brooks from Dodgeball.

This dude had a stroke or something & ESPN gave him a pity job?

I hope this was a one time thing with him...

Last edited:

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
Man I turned the game off after 5 mins. He was talking like very damn second running on about nonsense.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Never liked him as a broadcaster and I can't understand how he's been around so long. I remember the first time I heard him I was like, what the fuck; Is this a basketball game or a Grateful Dead concert? And my opinion has only lessened over the years. I cannot listen to the guy. I'll mute and throw on some tunes.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
He’s one of those broadcasters that try to be known for their personality like Dick Vitale. Dick Vitale does the same stuff as Bill Walton but he’s more likeabke with his

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I didn't like him initially but he grew on me. Now i prefer him to some of the other broadcasters . And throw it down bigman is forever burned into my brain.

I got it from jump
Basketball is serious we get it
Calling the game is serious we get it
The 2nd announcer is the color commentator
Not the 2nd play by play guy

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished watching the Pac-12 semis & this fool was like a real like Pepper Brooks from Dodgeball.

This dude had a stroke or something & ESPN gave him a pity job?

I hope this was a one time thing with him...
Nope. As a Washington fan I can tell you he RUINS a game. I swear I wont watch any game he calls. Just rambles, but in an annoying way, not cool or humorous like Walt Frazier. Hate that CAC.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I prefer bill Walton
I know what I'm watching I don't need fake commentators or fake excitement
Give me some trippy thought

Im that way with Hawk Harrelson when the Whitesox were actually on TV down here. Same with Walt Frazier watching Knick games. But I cant stand Bill Walton. Just rubs me the wrong way.