Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Janeane Garofalo Defends Louis C.K.: ‘Leave Him Alone…He Has Paid Heavily’
By RACHEL YANG
Rachel Yang
's Most Recent Stories

janeane-garofalo-foreign-bodies.jpg

CREDIT: AMANDA SCHWAB/STARPIX/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK
Actress and comedian Janeane Garofalo recently defended Louis C.K. amidst criticism for his decision to return to comedy soon after reports of sexual misconduct.

During an episode of Bust’s podcast “Poptarts,” Garofalo was asked about the #MeToo movement and stood by C.K.’s return to do stand-up in venues like New York City’s Comedy Cellar.

“Leave Louis C.K. alone. Enough with that. And again, there are so many issues we gotta be motivated on. He’s been my friend — and I stand by that — he’s been my friend since 1985, and I think he has suffered,” she said. “And when he performs at the Comedy Cellar and people get all irate, if nothing else, care about his daughters. If nothing else — if you can find no compassion for him, which I think you should — think about how his daughters, who hear all of this stuff, feel. Why don’t you leave him alone for them if you’re so women-empowering?”

Garofalo believes the public outrage is “unfair” to C.K., saying, “This is so unfair, because it’s another thing where people get bullied.” The “Wet Hot American Summer” star also said that she didn’t want to add fuel to the fire because “I don’t believe in kicking a person when they’re down.”

RELATED
Chloe Grace Moretz Says Her Louis C.K. Film 'Shouldn't Be Seen'
Louis C.K. Stirs Outrage With Jokes About Parkland Shooting Survivors, Gender Identity Issues

When the hosts took issue with her comments about C.K., Garofalo pointed out that “he has paid heavily, heavily, and his family has paid heavily.” And in regards to the Comedy Cellar, she remarked, “Oh my God. Do you know how much offensive material goes on at the Comedy Cellar? You know what? If you don’t want to listen to him, get up and leave the room. You are acting like Mussolini has walked into the room, and it is not.”

She also spoke about #MeToo as a whole, before discussing C.K., and said that people shouldn’t side with an accuser just because of their gender.

“When it comes to the #MeToo movement, I think it’s okay to question the source. It should transcend gender. It’s human rights. Cause if you don’t, anyone can be accused of anything at any time,” Garofalo said. “And if you’re not allowed to question that — I can say right now ‘I’ve got pictures of you molesting a child. Don’t question me!’ You know what I mean? Don’t question the questioner! Then it’s a Twilight Zone episode.”

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
What was the heinous crime that Louis CK committed against women? He ASKED if he could jerk off in front of them not employees but fellow comedians and many many of then said yes because he had a peculiar kink and they let him indulge. Flash forward many years later and now they claim he abused them - since he was a big famous comedian and they were afraid to say no.

Here is the problem, sex is messy and could reveal kinks and issues that one person finds normal and others find weird, also asking for sex can be seen as seductive or creepy ( Aziz Ansari for example). So taken out of context, every guy has a me too story but most aren't famous so they dont get hit but I think men need to find a way push back on the allegation of Louis CK or Aziz and those of Winestein or Cosby.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Then maybe he should stick to writing instead of performing. :rolleyes:

That self titled show he had on FX was funny as fuck.

He also was the head writer for the Chris Rock movie “Pootie Tang” which has been used for classic GIFs on this and other forums.

Dudes problem is he still trying to the comedy he did prior to the allegations.

It just ain’t working.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You think CK is going to get a pass because this she said this shit?

Bruh, look at this list of over 200 men brought down by the metoo movement and tell me how many of them are black. Then tell me again how the metoo movement is centered on black men...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/23/us/metoo-replacements.html

I'm saying look how far people are going to defend him...

women in the industry you would have NEVER thought would...

WHITE women (and Louis ain't even white) who would sacrifice a limb to just shit on Cosby and Kelly.

You can't be a SELECTIVE ally.

The thing is where is the forgiveness for the FEW black entertainers caught in this?

The only man UNIVERSALLY defended was Aziz

and notice his career since DESPITE that.

Weinstein somehow someway about to get a pass, now louie, the 7th heavan actor, bryan singer, woody allen, jeepers creepers director, casey affleck, roman, i could keep going but i think i made my post.

I HATE ranking sins and sinners its ALL WRONG

but you can't be condemning one and giving another a pass.

Clean YOUR own house first

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What was the heinous crime that Louis CK committed against women? He ASKED if he could jerk off in front of them not employees but fellow comedians and many many of then said yes because he had a peculiar kink and they let him indulge. Flash forward many years later and now they claim he abused them - since he was a big famous comedian and they were afraid to say no.

Here is the problem, sex is messy and could reveal kinks and issues that one person finds normal and others find weird, also asking for sex can be seen as seductive or creepy ( Aziz Ansari for example). So taken out of context, every guy has a me too story but most aren't famous so they dont get hit but I think men need to find a way push back on the allegation of Louis CK or Aziz and those of Winestein or Cosby.

Your right it is messy and you make one of the best arguments i heard

But if only one wonen says she felt forced to say yes?

Then its not a fun 'kink' anymore.

He been had enough money to pay someone who would happily and readily indulge him.

Fam...even ASKING is harrassment

And real talk?

That sh*t has never been cool. Yeah it happened and EVERYONE knew it was wrong then too. Let's not all act like it was.

And what i dont get is damn near 95% off ALL these accusations?

Were not only TRUE?

But turned out WORSE then we thought, and DECADES LONG think about THAT?

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Your right it is messy and you make one of the best arguments i heard

But if only one wonen says she felt forced to say yes?

Then its not a fun 'kink' anymore.

He been had enough money to pay someone who would happily and readily indulge him.

Fam...even ASKING is harrassment

And real talk?

That sh*t has never been cool. Yeah it happened and EVERYONE knew it was wrong then too. Let's not all act like it was.

And what i dont get is damn near 95% off ALL these accusations?

Were not only TRUE?

But turned out WORSE then we thought, and DECADES LONG think about THAT?
The issue is that is we have had centuries of male-female interactions where men pursue and the woman does a cat and mouse thing of saying no and then he keeps pursuing and then she says yes. And it happens just as frequently today, but I nowhere women say, well he should have known that my NO was really a no. How? When only last week a woman he pursued said no and then he kept pursuing and she said yes. Every romantic comedy has the same premise - so we as a society needs to have a complete turnaround re male-female interactions - but the biggest people who will fight are women who like to be pursued.

Now to your statement if one woman felt forced - well what does that mean felt forced? Did he block the door, did he take their phones, did he threaten to fire them? To me, the concept felt forced is similar to when white people especially white cops and increasingly white women say around Black people they "felt" threatened - this is their way to hem Black people up or even kill them.

We have to get past how you felt and lay out what is criminal or actionable - what crimes or lawsuits has Louis CK been hit with, he has just been demonized and trust me I am not protecting this white person, its just we go through this purge - it will be worse symbolically than the Chinese Cultural Revolution.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The issue is that is we have had centuries of male-female interactions where men pursue and the woman does a cat and mouse thing of saying no and then he keeps pursuing and then she says yes. And it happens just as frequently today, but I nowhere women say, well he should have known that my NO was really a no. How? When only last week a woman he pursued said no and then he kept pursuing and she said yes. Every romantic comedy has the same premise - so we as a society needs to have a complete turnaround re male-female interactions - but the biggest people who will fight are women who like to be pursued.

Now to your statement if one woman felt forced - well what does that mean felt forced? Did he block the door, did he take their phones, did he threaten to fire them? To me, the concept felt forced is similar to when white people especially white cops and increasingly white women say around Black people they "felt" threatened - this is their way to hem Black people up or even kill them.

We have to get past how you felt and lay out what is criminal or actionable - what crimes or lawsuits has Louis CK been hit with, he has just been demonized and trust me I am not protecting this white person, its just we go through this purge - it will be worse symbolically than the Chinese Cultural Revolution.

I hear damn...you make some EXCELLENT points

but this debate would not even exist if he didn't jerk off in front of women right?

He admitted himself...they NEVER asked FOR him to do it.

So its NOT really complicated.

HE was in a position of power and with that comes responsibility

we ALWAYS say on bgol

well just NEVER shit where you eat, right?

so there you go.

Because to play the what is force game?

Is REALLY f*cked up and offensive to an ACTUAL victim

Cause if a woman in your like came home and told you :Louis did THAT to her?

You wouldn't ASK that question or doubt her.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

Bruh, look at this list of over 200 men brought down by the metoo movement and tell me how many of them are black. Then tell me again how the metoo movement is centered on black men...

It's not about the numbers it's about the face and representation fam. Come on now.
They don't care about numbers they care about association's
Who relies on snap assistance the most?
Now who's the face of snap assistant recipients projected out to anerica?

Who's always been the true welfare queen?
Now who's the face they use when they say we need to get ppl off welfare?

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
It's not about the numbers it's about the face and representation fam. Come on now.
They don't care about numbers they care about association's
Who relies on snap assistance the most?
Now who's the face of snap assistant recipients projected out to anerica?

Who's always been the true welfare queen?
Now who's the face they use when they say we need to get ppl off welfare?

Rigjt now the face of the metoo movement is Harvey Weinstein. Second is Bill Cosby. In fact, if Bill Cosby had left Hannibal Burress alone, he would be at home right now.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I hear damn...you make some EXCELLENT points

but this debate would not even exist if he didn't jerk off in front of women right?

He admitted himself...they NEVER asked FOR him to do it.

So its NOT really complicated.

HE was in a position of power and with that comes responsibility

we ALWAYS say on bgol

well just NEVER shit where you eat, right?

so there you go.

Because to play the what is force game?

Is REALLY f*cked up and offensive to an ACTUAL victim

Cause if a woman in your like came home and told you :Louis did THAT to her?

You wouldn't ASK that question or doubt her.

Once again, they didn't ask for him to do that to then, he asked and he had the right to ask.

Secondly, he was in a position of power how? He was a burgeoning comedian but he didn't own a network or a comedy club, no he asked fellow female comedians and others he met at clubs if he could jerk off in front of him and if they said NO he didn't do it. Even Sarah Silverman agreed to let him do it as well as others. Remember this goes back over 20 years, this was his kink and he asked women if he could do it, instead of asking women if he could fuck them. Would that have made it better if he was a Leonardo DiCaprio type and basically asked every woman to fuck?

If there is no Quid Pro Quo involved than you have the right to say no but if you don't then you can't claim #metoo - because basically, it was a sucky date and if you read most of these metoo situations, they are a lot of sucky dates and female regrets that they are on someone's hit chart as missioned accomplished.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Once again, they didn't ask for him to do that to then, he asked and he had the right to ask.

Secondly, he was in a position of power how? He was a burgeoning comedian but he didn't own a network or a comedy club, no he asked fellow female comedians and others he met at clubs if he could jerk off in front of him and if they said NO he didn't do it. Even Sarah Silverman agreed to let him do it as well as others. Remember this goes back over 20 years, this was his kink and he asked women if he could do it, instead of asking women if he could fuck them. Would that have made it better if he was a Leonardo DiCaprio type and basically asked every woman to fuck?

If there is no Quid Pro Quo involved than you have the right to say no but if you don't then you can't claim #metoo - because basically, it was a sucky date and if you read most of these metoo situations, they are a lot of sucky dates and female regrets that they are on someone's hit chart as missioned accomplished.

OK we fundamentally disagree right here

Postalone

Reborn
Registered
Ok, so that perverted cac can't pay his child support he should be cut some slack? That guy should be in an institution.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
OK we fundamentally disagree right here

I don't know if we disagree as much as maybe we are operating with a different understanding of the facts because otherwise what you are essentially saying men cannot ask for certain sexual acts, they can only do what a woman requests or ask for and I am certain that not what you are saying.

So I think the disagreement is when is it appropriate for when to be able to ask and he position in relation to that woman.

So if I work in a grocery store and she is a lawyer and we go out can I ask if we can have sex? Then can I ask to do a particular sex act?

No flip it and you are a lawyer and the woman is a paralegal but doesn't work for you or your firm and you ask her to have sex? Is that wrong? Can she say no or is she afraid that you know the people she works for and could cost her a job even though you never mentioned it - it the "fear" of having her job affected though it was never mentioned.

the issue is asking versus demanding - and I dont see the demand or the real threat.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
People don't understand until the outrage mob comes after someone they like. Everyone is out for blood until it's their own or someone they like. Outrage + hypocrisy.
I don't see how they don't get it yet. It don't just work the way they like it.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

There are a handful of Black men in there but it's overwhelmingly CACs and CAC Jewish men. Other than Weinstien, Spacey, and Singer, how many others have been in heavy rotation in the media/social media?
These CACs are getting charges quietly dropped or reduced, severence packages so they can be comfortably put out to pasture, and there lacks a call for the incarceration of these CACs or aspiring DAs and Prosecutors looking to make a name for themselves by going after these offenders. Garaofalo is leading the pack to ask for leniency and for everybody to look away.
Where are the Survivors being spread on National circulars and News programs? Where are the Docu-Series based on them?
Thanks for the link to that story...keep me posted of any changes in Laws that Legislators make based on the actions of those listed in the article.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
Louis CK will be fine. He's a white man fuck sakes. Cac's protect each other like many other racial groups. Never be surprised when white women give white men a pass. White women give birth to white babies after breeding with white men remember.

We are in their house (America) and have the most unique/intimate relationship with them (Black Folks) so we see all the in fighting amongst them but best believe they are a united front when the step out the house to face the world.

The only thing white women bitch about....is their cut.

*two cents*

Last edited:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Defending their own......... You really can't hate on that from a logical standpoint. I am going to keep saying it but fairness is great but it only get you so far. It's about who has the largest platform and believers that gets shit done in the societal construct we call Murikkka.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Oh, now that she's spoken let's follow her.

She's more irrelevant than he is to me.