chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
they have already done something the WWE has never done outside of healthcare...with Brandi Rhodes as a top exec...they a black person in a position of power. Has that ever happened in the WWE

shit Ernie Ladd was a booker in the south in the 80s...has a black wresler even done that?
She's married to Cody. I wouldn't give them too much credit. If they bring Jay Lethal or Shane Strickland over and make them champs then i'll give them credit.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I've heard that Alicia Fox is like a mother figure in the back, I'm not sure if it's true or not .

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
they have already done something the WWE has never done outside of healthcare...with Brandi Rhodes as a top exec...they a black person in a position of power. Has that ever happened in the WWE

shit Ernie Ladd was a booker in the south in the 80s...has a black wresler even done that?

This is why I think they will be a player. Having black people in positions of power will be good for black talent moving forward. Also I am very familiar with Big Cat Ernie Ladd. He is a top 5 all time black talent overall IMO and probably the best black heel ever not named Abdullah the Butcher, Bad News Brown, and Kamala.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Black indy wrestlers AEW should sign when available.

Jay Lethal - Black Machismo, All In, The Elite Leaving ROH

Shane Strickland

Willie Mack & Rich Swan (working for Impact currently)

Private Party

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
Black indy wrestlers AEW should sign when available.

Jay Lethal - Black Machismo, All In, The Elite Leaving ROH

Shane Strickland

Willie Mack & Rich Swan (working for Impact currently)

Private Party

Shane and Jay most def.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Willie Mack was my favorite wrestler on Lucha Underground a while back.

Would be great to see him sign to AEW

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
^^^ yeah was hella of official
if WWE doesnt fuck up Alamas (with Selena) could be wanted Alberto to be. Dude is a monster in ring
Smackdown usually delivers

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Angelina Love Of TNA leaks

Angelina+Love-Angel+Williams-TNA.jpg

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This AEW news just has me hopeful for non-white wrestlers in general.

I mean TNA put their belt on R-Truth for GODsake. There is no reason why Booker T never had the main title put on him. There is no reason why Crime Tyme was the bathroom break during RAW and their promos was nothing but hoodrat shyt. There is no reason why Alicia Fox had ONE title reign over 5 years ago and her, Sasha and Naomi have to perm and color their hair in order to get over. Why Sasha will get the title at a PPV and drop it back to Charlotte the very next night. Why the Iron Sheik was only good enough to win the belt from Bob Backlund and drop the belt to Hulk Hogan who in real life would have BEAT the DOG SHYT out of everyone in that promotion. Jinder Mahal was only good enough to get the belt on him for business purposes when WWE was getting into India and once they realized that the shyt wasn't working they went right back to the racists gimmicks.

I say all this to say I have NO problem with WWE being all white wrestlers. Not because Vince won't hire black wrestlers, but because Vince's personal hero is Martin Luther King and we still have acts like Crime Tyme and as much as they're over we also have the New Day.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
This AEW news just has me hopeful for non-white wrestlers in general.

I mean TNA put their belt on R-Truth for GODsake. There is no reason why Booker T never had the main title put on him. There is no reason why Crime Tyme was the bathroom break during RAW and their promos was nothing but hoodrat shyt. There is no reason why Alicia Fox had ONE title reign over 5 years ago and her, Sasha and Naomi have to perm and color their hair in order to get over. Why Sasha will get the title at a PPV and drop it back to Charlotte the very next night. Why the Iron Sheik was only good enough to win the belt from Bob Backlund and drop the belt to Hulk Hogan who in real life would have BEAT the DOG SHYT out of everyone in that promotion. Jinder Mahal was only good enough to get the belt on him for business purposes when WWE was getting into India and once they realized that the shyt wasn't working they went right back to the racists gimmicks.

I say all this to say I have NO problem with WWE being all white wrestlers. Not because Vince won't hire black wrestlers, but because Vince's personal hero is Martin Luther King and we still have acts like Crime Tyme and as much as they're over we also have the New Day.
Well said.

AEW is owned by non whites, that's already a plus on their side.

Last edited:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is why I think they will be a player. Having black people in positions of power will be good for black talent moving forward. Also I am very familiar with Big Cat Ernie Ladd. He is a top 5 all time black talent overall IMO and probably the best black heel ever not named Abdullah the Butcher, Bad News Brown, and Kamala.
I wouldn't hold your breath on Brandi Rhodes being the catalyst to all of a sudden push black wrestlers to the top. She is married to a white man after all. Plus, her role will likely be minimal and was probably just done as a favor to Cody.

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
I wouldn't hold your breath on Brandi Rhodes being the catalyst to all of a sudden push black wrestlers to the top. She is married to a white man after all. Plus, her role will likely be minimal and was probably just done as a favor to Cody.

Good point. However I do think any new company would take pushing non whites more seriously. I mean blacks, latinos, and asians, love pro wrestling. It only makes sense to cater to other racial demographics that are not white men. This is another area they can outshine WWE in.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I think AEW will cater more to the hardcore wrestling fans/marks. WWE will continue to push toward the casual fan and try their best to make their sponsors happy. AEW can reach a different demographic. The "make wrestling cool again" means something to us who are tired of what stale product WWE is putting out. None watered down move sets, pushing guys who the fans get behind, new stars, rival talent decide to jump ship to AEW. This has me excited and looking forward to every detail that gets released.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Did WWE unban pile-driver variations?

Also WWE are going to try keep the Revival happy so they don't jump ship. They'll probably get the titles at the Rumble.

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor

Also WWE are going to try keep the Revival happy so they don't jump ship. They'll probably get the titles at the Rumble.

I really like that team. Kayfabe throwbacks. You can tell they were 4Horsemen and Midnight Express fans and studied their matches.

Last edited:

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If they do it will damn sure signal the desperation to please they talent that are rightfully disgruntled. It doesn't mean to allow them to do dumb moves like what happens during Sasha Banks matches where some of the weaker wrestlers lack the coordination needed to pull the moves that they try off.

But let the wrestlers wrestle when they know what they are doing!!!