We are so fucked.. Anthony Kennedy will retire from Supreme Court

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
You say numbers don't mean shit, but your whole argument for defining a "swing voter" is based solely on a NUMBER decisive decisions. Can't have it both ways my man. :hmm:

I don't think you're understanding what you're arguing. Are you arguing that every case is equally important? That's the only way you could disagree with me is if you're arguing every case is equally important. Numbers don't mean shit without context.

Are you equating some case you've never heard about with Roe vs Wade?

If so, we don't even need to continue debating this. Because it's a silly debate if you aren't distinguishing between the magnitude of the cases. A reliable conservative SC Justice is never siding with Democrats on issues like abortion. That's not even up for debate. That's why most conservatives despise Roberts. The swing votes he's made have been monumental. Another Gorsuch-type selection completely kills that. Everything will be along partisan lines. And nigga don't come back in here talking 84% when part of that 16% are cases like Roe Vs Wade. That's why I said the absolute numbers aren't as meaningful as the magnitude of the cases.

Roberts was absolutely a check on the far right on many social issues and they despised him for it.

A conservative "swing" voter on the SC is one who will vote against conservatives on social issues. And that's all you can hope for when a republican president appoints a justice. Shit ain't gonna happen with Mitch and Trump.

Last edited:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tariq-Nasheed-onyx-truth.png
:roflmao: Clown ass ninja. But I digresssssssssssssssssss!
:lol:

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
They just voted to essentally dismantle unions yesterday, voted to ban Muslims (and strengthed the Ecec branch) a few days before that... Jesus I can only imagine the kind of fuckery ahead of us with more of these right wing nuts in 30+ year SCOTUS seats :smh:

America is fucked

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
They just voted to essentally dismantle unions yesterday, voted to ban Muslims (and strengthed the Ecec branch) a few days before that... Jesus I can only imagine the kind of fuckery ahead of us with more of these right wing nuts in 30+ year SCOTUS seats :smh:

America is fucked

They're just setting the stage. When it's reliably conservative (now that they'll have "social" issues), it's going to get wild. They're gonna have women getting locked up for trying to have an abortion.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

America is fucked
And u haven’t posted your hand like u care

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Obama Was Sitting President of the United States and They Denied Him Appointing a Supreme Court Justice.....If Hillary Won What Was Stopping Them From Doing the Same to Her
Obama could have stopped this before he left,but his arrogance and thinking that Hillary would win fucked us. He also could have done other executive moves also before leaving

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think you're understanding what you're arguing. Are you arguing that every case is equally important? That's the only way you could disagree with me is if you're arguing every case is equally important.

Are you equating some case you've never heard about with Roe vs Wade?

If so, we don't even need to continue debating this. Because it's a silly debate if you aren't distinguishing between the magnitude of the cases. A reliable conservative SC Justice is neven siding with Democrats on issues like abortion. That's not even up for debate. That's why most conservatives despise Roberts. The swing votes he's made has been monumental. Another Gorsuch-type selection completely kills that. Everything will be along partisan lines. And nigga don't come back in here talking 84% when part of that 16% are cases like Roe Vs Wade. That's why I said the absolute numbers aren't as meaningful as the magnitude of the cases.

Roberts was absolutely a check on the far right on many social issues and they despised him for it.

People much wiser than me have advised when they start name calling because their argument is weak, it's time to move on. I always heed that advice. :rolleyes:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obama could have stopped this before he left,but his arrogance and thinking that Hillary would win fucked us. He also could have done other executive moves also before leaving
Fuck Obama

Hillary would have turned this country around and given us the change we needed.

If Hillary was president, none of this shit would be happening.

NFL players would be free to kneel and she would kneel with them locking arms

powmia

Rising Star
Registered
lmbaoooooo. The Dems keep trying to appeal to reason to a dude that was literally caging BABIES as political leverage.

Game over. The Democrats waved the white flag during pre game warm ups, before the game actually began. Fuck all of them. No fight in them what so ever. Even if they do nominate someone, who will check them during confirmations....... No one, they sent their pit bull home- Al Fraken.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
They're just setting the stage. When it's reliably conservative (now that they'll have "social" issues), it's going to get wild. They're gonna have women getting locked up for trying to have an abortion.

Shit is really wild man. I don't see how this won't lead to a sea change in American life.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Game over. The Democrats waved the white flag during pre game warm ups, before the game actually began. Fuck all of them. No fight in them what so ever. Even if they do nominate someone, who will check them during confirmations....... No one, they sent their pit bull home- Al Fraken.

You gotta be "civil". We have to be civil and follow conventions with a party that has long broken convention and elected and supported a congressman that literally bodyslammed a journalist because he didn't like the question he was asked.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Shit is really wild man. I don't see how this won't lead to a sea change in American life.

And there is only so much longer that Ginsburg can hold up. She's 85 and looks every one of those years. If Trump gets to replace a liberal with another rightwinger, it's game over.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
people still don't see the big picture here.

both of these next two major elections 2018 and 2020 are going to have results that will go to the supreme court like the elections of 2000.

the deck is being stacked in the courts so that if the results do reach the court the result is already predetermined.

at this point i am beginning to understand that as people are alluding to there is a machine behind trump that is clearly playing chess while we are arguing over checkers. and it is more than the russians.

This is the play

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Putin hands is all over this....The only way to Blunt this is to pack Democrats in the House and Senate in the mid terms. It was already going to be a high turn out it’s really going to be a higher turn out now during the mid terms because of this. This is the CAC’s last stand

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
OK I'm trying to understand why this is such an issue. The majority of this judges votes favored republicans so its not like there's going to be any changes. A republican judge will replace a republican judge. We got lucky this time.

Last edited:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Doesn't matter what happens to Trump now. GOP WON regardless of what happens. Two far right wingers... SC will be conservative for decades now

Well if Trump is impeach, tried and convicted and his presidency is deemed illegitimate all of his appointments can be reversed..

But people shouldn’t be surprised that Kennedy himself said he would retire when a republican is president.. so this isn’t a shooker

This the type of shit that galvanizing progressive Dems and now your seeing establishment old ass Dems taking huge Ls in their primary’s

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
:lol:

Trump has been the most conservative president in modern history. Spineless? Yall still don't get this dude. He's using real fucking children as leverage and yall talking about he's "spineless". Trump is political ruthless.

No he has no party affiliation and who finessed the GOP in the WH.

Politically ruthless he isn’t and he’s not using the kids as leverage he’s blatantly stealing children putting them in foster care that’s owned and run by Betsy Devos