We are so fucked.. Anthony Kennedy will retire from Supreme Court

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok.... everybody saw how the court voted in that Texas redistricting case a few days ago, right? ...and that was WITH Kennedy... so if/when trump puts a solidly conservative justice on the court along the lines of a younger and whiter (if possible) clarence thomas, that court will be even more fucked.

Right now, because of that decision, the courts will have to assume that states (former jim crow states that were restricted by what used to be the voting rights act) are re-drawing voting districts in good faith and NOT to minimize the black vote, when we know for damn sure that they are doing TO minimize the black vote. First the voting rights act was gutted, and now they have outright permission to fuck us over every 10 years by taking a pen to the map.

Anybody who said that trump is no worse than clinton, voting doesn't matter.... this is why he is worse and it does matter (well, one huge reason among others).

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It absolutely was not bullshit. There are a plethora of major cases where he voted with the left. Conservatives hated him over that shit because he wasn't a reliable conservative vote. He started moving towards the middle.

Not a plethora. You're basing your opinion of about five major cases where Kennedy sided with the Progressives on the Court.
Truth is Kennedy has voted 84% of the time with the Court's Conservative Wing. :hmm:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Ok.... everybody saw how the court voted in that Texas redistricting case a few days ago, right? ...and that was WITH Kennedy... so if/when trump puts a solidly conservative justice on the court along the lines of a younger and whiter (if possible) clarence thomas, that court will be even more fucked.

Right now, because of that decision, the courts will have to assume that states (former jim crow states that were restricted by what used to be the voting rights act) are re-drawing voting districts in good faith and NOT to minimize the black vote, when we know for damn sure that they are doing TO minimize the black vote. First the voting rights act was gutted, and now they have outright permission to fuck us over every 10 years by taking a pen to the map.

Anybody who said that trump is no worse than clinton, voting doesn't matter.... this is why he is worse and it does matter.

all of this.

that along with Russian interference is what the GOP is banking on to keep control of Congress.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Not a plethora. You're basing your opinion of about five major cases where Kennedy sided with the Progressives on the Court.
Truth is Kennedy has voted 84% of the time with the Court's Conservative Wing. :hmm:

That's the definition of a swing voter in this environment. Voting against your party in major cases. Gorsuch, for instance, will always reliably vote along party lines and that could be the difference between you and I having a basic right.

Gorsuch will never vote with a Progressive. So those "major" cases won't go to the left and those "major" cases tend to dispassionately impact us.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:lol:

Trump has been the most conservative president in modern history. Spineless? Yall still don't get this dude. He's using real fucking children as leverage and yall talking about he's "spineless". Trump is political ruthless.
The guy is destroying institutions, relationships, shitting on FBI, CIA, throwing candy at presidential allies, starting trade wars with partners, kidnapping children, openly defending white supremacist, stocking his inner circle with racists.... and BGOL says hes spineless.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hillary would have won the election yet nominated a Republican as soon as she won? LMBAOOOOOO

did I say that.. ???

she would have nominated a democrat who wouldn't pass without congress and to get something passed it would have been a DINO or Reagan democrat.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why not ? what would stop them ?

Public pressure and a lawsuit that would be sure to follow. The Supreme Court would hear the case and even the most Conservative Judges would uphold Constitution language that requires the President nominate and the Senate to confirms or reject. :hmm:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
The guy is destroying institutions, relationships, shitting on FBI, CIA, throwing candy at presidential allies, starting trade wars with partners, kidnapping children, openly defending white supremacist, stocking his inner circle with racists.... and BGOL says hes spineless.

Shit amazes me. Dude is literally caging children and parading them as leverage to pass legislation. And he signs a fake executive order to calm down the media and continues the same policy and uses it as leverage to make the parents withdraw their asylum cases to get their kids back!

He's spinless though.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Public pressure and a lawsuit that would be sure to follow. The Supreme Court would hear the case and even the most Conservative Judges would uphold Constitution language that requires the President nominate and the Senate to confirms or reject. :hmm:

what language requires 9 judges ?

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
people still don't see the big picture here.

both of these next two major elections 2018 and 2020 are going to have results that will go to the supreme court like the elections of 2000.

the deck is being stacked in the courts so that if the results do reach the court the result is already predetermined.

at this point i am beginning to understand that as people are alluding to there is a machine behind trump that is clearly playing chess while we are arguing over checkers. and it is more than the russians.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
at this point i am beginning to understand that as people are alluding to there is a machine behind trump that is clearly playing chess while we are arguing over checkers. and it is more than the russians.

This is becoming clearer by the day. Roberts supposedly went at Trump two days ago and then retires. Alludes to the fact that Trump is not above the rule of law and then decides that he's the guy that should select his replacement?

Yeah. This is much bigger than Trump.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A fucking sociopath.

Yes that description is true....Saying Trump is political is like saying any other despot is political..

Trump wants his monument..He could give less than a fuck about Immigration...

I said a moderate would get confirmed if Clinton would have won the Presidency. I'm not sure what you are saying or trying to say.

There is nothing that leads me to believe the current congress would confirm any nominee that was not to their liking.

They held up other federal court appointments for 8 years...

Shit amazes me. Dude is literally caging children and parading them as leverage to pass legislation. And he signs a fake executive order to calm down the media and continues the same policy and uses it as leverage to make the parents withdraw their asylum cases to get their kids back!

He's spinless though.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote but that doesn't mean he isn't spineless....he is also heartless...

That is why he changes his positions based on who he speaks to last.

Who compliments him...

Dude is a spoiled kid in an old mans body...

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the definition of a swing voter in this environment. Voting against your party in major cases. Gorsuch, for instance, will always reliably vote along party lines and that could be the difference between you and I having a basic right.

Gorsuch will never vote with a Progressive. So those "major" cases won't go to the left and those "major" cases tend to dispassionately impact us.

No, that's YOUR definition. Point is Kennedy voted with the conservative bloc 84% of the time. If you want to label him a "swing vote" because of voting with the Progressives a half dozen times out of thousands of cases heard, well hey. More important than that though is being aware that whomever is his replacement if the Republicans are in charge he'll be just as Conservative in his voting as Kennedy was and people better get off their collective ass and flip the Congress Democratic or we truly are fucked :hmm:.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
people still don't see the big picture here.

both of these next two major elections 2018 and 2020 are going to have results that will go to the supreme court like the elections of 2000.

the deck is being stacked in the courts so that if the results do reach the court the result is already predetermined.

Shit it really don't take much to see there's a machine behind Trump.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Dude is a spoiled kid in an old mans body...

He's a man-child...but he's not spineless. His record in the legal system is a clear indication of that. Trump is ruthless... he's very much been trained that way by Roy Cohn. Don't confuse malleable with spineless. He's malleable in that if you can convince him that something is better for HIM or his ego, you can get him to pivot a position. However, if he's locked in, he digs all the way in.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
No, that's YOUR definition. Point is Kennedy voted with the conservative bloc 84% of the time..

It's not my definition. It's the definition. You're citing numbers. Numbers don't mean shit. It's the decisive issues. A swing voter for conservatives is one who doesn't vote along party lines on major issues. On social issues, he repeatedly broke away from conservatives. Name an issue for conservatives bigger than ABORTION???

"Kennedy has been a disappointment to the right, which has been unable to forgive his vote to uphold the basic underpinnings of Roe v. Wade, which guaranteed a woman’s right to choose an abortion. And Kennedy has written each of the court’s major gay rights decision, including Obergefell v. Hodges, which said the Constitution requires that gay couples be allowed to marry."

Last edited:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He's a man-child...but he's not spineless. His record in the legal system is a clear indication of that. Trump is ruthless... he's very much been trained that way by Roy Cohn. Don't confuse malleable with spineless. He's malleable in that if you can convince him that something is better for HIM or his ego, you can get him to pivot a position. However, if he's locked in, he digs all the way in.

I agree.....if i knew that word I would have used it instead of spineless.......:lol:

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The point is @gene cisco @Soul On Ice @ballscout1 you three are reasonable people unlike @Megatron X. I’m sure your constant negative narrative against the democrats and silence on the republicans swayed people not to vote. Others like you three doing the same thing across the nation is part of why we have Trump. Small part but still added to it.

We are now fucked because of the Supreme Court. Bias ruling on the cake maker and travel ban. Politically motivated. It’s ok to have Christian rights but not Muslim. The union ruling today hurts us all. This is just the start....

Does it even matter now if democrats win anything? Supreme Court has final say on everything.

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
the common media narrative is that he is flying blind and just doing shit.

that is clearly not the case. and most people do not see that.

He's been too perfect of a trojan horse and gotten too much political cover along the way for it to be coincidental.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what language requires 9 judges ?
C'mon dude, really??? Believe it or not a certain understandings are inherent in interpreting Constitutional language. For example, there is no specific language allowing a woman to be President
but the qualifications for the office of the Presidency are inherently understood to be gender neutral. :hmm:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh: What i tell you two years ago....

latest
I remember this pic but it wasnt this one

U posted when they was in a white room and I didn’t kno who these people were

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not my definition. It's the definition. You're citing numbers. Numbers don't mean shit. It's the decisive issues. A swing voter for conservatives is one who doesn't vote along party lines on major issues. On social issues, he repeatedly broke away from conservatives. Name an issue for conservatives bigger than ABORTION???

"Kennedy has been a disappointment to the right, which has been unable to forgive his vote to uphold the basic underpinnings of Roe v. Wade, which guaranteed a woman’s right to choose an abortion. And Kennedy has written each of the court’s major gay rights decision, including Obergefell v. Hodges, which said the Constitution requires that gay couples be allowed to marry."

You say numbers don't mean shit, but your whole argument for defining a "swing voter" is based solely on a NUMBER decisive decisions. Can't have it both ways my man. :hmm: