Supreme Court, in 5-4 decision, upholds 45’s travel ban

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We need a tea party equivalent
A radical democratic party

That is what the progressives were supposed to be but instead of them going at the GOP they busy fighting the establishments democrats.

They already ran off Ellison..and we see everyday in different primaries they go after the progressive candidate while the GOP watches.

They shouldn't be putting their fingers on the scale and support whoever the electorate wants

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
That is what the progressives were supposed to be but instead of them going at the GOP they busy fighting the establishments democrats.

They already ran off Ellison..and we see everyday in different primaries they go after the progressive candidate while the GOP watches.

They shouldn't be putting their fingers on the scale and support whoever the electorate wants

Going after GOP all day
All night

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
True......not sure how garland would have benefited black America because he was a moderate law and order jurist but he would have been good for immigrants , fags and healthcare

Gorsch is not a real jurist and is nothing more than a hack for the federalist society.. he’s not even qualified to be a judge in a municipality

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
That's all there is to it
The bitch ass Democrats don't care and don't want to fight for the country period

Republicans fight on their bullshit

How you gonna be on the right side and be too scared to actually enact change

GOP took their advice from Slim Charles and haven’t looked back since

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
Damn! and even Trump fake ass was suprised, he put a "Wow" at the end of his tweet :smh:

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
So, they overturned the bakery case, because they said the Colorado Civil Rights Commission showed religious animus towards the baker's religion, but this was allowed to stand, even though he called it a "Muslim ban"? Yeah, aight. Can we as a country do 2 things? 1) Stop pretending The Court is not political. And 2, stop saying "This is not what America is about!"? It is.

Wepwawet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Travel bans are not unusual or unconstitutional, what is unconstitutional is issuing a ban on religion. We all know that 45's ban was going to be targeted at muslim countries, the problem was that his dumb ass actually said it. SCOTUS fucked this one "bigly", Gorsuch who claims to be a constitutional judge ignored 45's comments, showing his commitment to 45 and not the constitution.

Keep not voting and you will continue to get these types of situations. Is the system fair, nope, is there corruption, yep, but I have seen governments around the world and our unfair system beats other unfair systems.

45 is and idiot and hilary was the worst canidate to run against him, but no Gorsuch on bench if hilary won and the dems had a simple majority.

If necessary vote 'em in and vote 'em out but not voting and allowing ultra conservative judges to control the courts for decades is not an option. The Notorious RBG is holding on for the minimum Dem control congress. But if the Dems win 45 win roll over and join up, dude has no principles or loyalties.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not sure how old you are but Democrats today are no different than 80s and 90s Republicans because Democrats have no identity and the further right the GOP goes the further right the democrats follow them..

During 2016 cycle how many times on this board was the term lesser of two evils used ? That doesn't sound like much of a difference overall.

No they couldn't because the rules were changed but they was on some let this one go and fillibuster the next.

You still on that dumb shit ? Hillary won my state. She lost states she didn't campaign in, states that Obama carried twice.

But she didn't lose because people voted 3rd party or stayed home. She lost because of her own ineptness and white woman voted against her.

The smart move was forcing her down the throats of the electorate.

The smart move was allowing her to be a carpetbagger in NY to get into the senate

The smart move was making her unqualified ass secretary or state so she could fatten up her resume

She still got 95+ % of the black vote so stop trying to pout her loss anywhere near black folks.
Dems might be the same as repubs in the 80s; remember they use to call them Regan Democrats for a reason; so im not surprised by that; however the Dems today are not the same as the Repubs today; do they take money from their constituents yes. Outside of that, they have different agendas and it shows; now them being pussies, well thats a total different conversation:smh:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Which mean Rich Dems need to do the same

The age of civility is over
Fight and rebuke is all the party needs to run on

Fight fire with napalm
I’m down for whatever. But white people cannot hurt white people.

Well the gossip is that Pauly from Wisconsin is finally going to privatize social security this week. Let’s see if these white people in the Democratic Party will fight for its survival.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dems might be the same as repubs in the 80s; remember they use to call them Regan Democrats for a reason; so im not surprised by that; however the Dems today are not the same as the Repubs today; do they take money from their constituents yes. Outside of that, they have different agendas and it shows; now them being pussies, well thats a total different conversation:smh:
They’re pussy because subconsciously they don’t want minorities to get anything. It’s why they don’t have a fight in their body when it counts.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Deporting brown folks at an alarming rate.
Warehousing children away from their parents
Banning Muslims from entering.
Wants to get rid of due process with regards to immigration.

For the folks saying it has nothing to do with us, I'm sure this racist tyrant will stop there.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They will fight like a junkyard dog for white men to suck other white men off, but that anger dissolves when it’s time to get black families clean water. The Democratic Party likes the idea of being inclusive but idk ...
I feel that I do; I think that they fight where mostly money is involved. And thats the bigger issue; if they would just fight for things that make sense, they would win every election!

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Deporting brown folks at an alarming rate.
Warehousing children away from their parents
Banning Muslims from entering.
Wants to get rid of due process with regards to immigration.

For the folks saying it has nothing to do with us, I'm sure this racist tyrant will stop there.
History is a great tool to understand the future. When slavery was abolished the blacks were entered into politics. But within a couple months the confederates seeped back into power and you had 100 years of him crow. Obama may have ushered in the next Jim Crow era.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I feel that I do; I think that they fight where mostly money is involved. And thats the bigger issue; if they would just fight for things that make sense, they would win every election!
But they won’t/can’t because it will help minorities. And we all know white people arent trying to help no non white person like that.

Let’s see the democratic response to the republicans finally having the guts to start getting rid of the safety nets.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They take money from te same corporations. Banks, Insurance Companies Big Pharma, For-Profit Prisons, Banks and Credit Card companies.

Lets not forget that many Democrats just joined Republicans to weaken Dodd-Frank.

They also joined Republicans to gouge black borrows for car loans.

One group fucks you

The other group kisses you before they fuck you.

Have we heard Democrats say anything in regards to how Israel is treating Africans?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Democrats become millionaires when they get involved in politics just like those other assholes

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They take money from te same corporations. Banks, Insurance Companies Big Pharma, For-Profit Prisons, Banks and Credit Card companies.

Lets not forget that many Democrats just joined Republicans to weaken Dodd-Frank.

One group fucks you

Have we heard Democrats say anything in regards to how Israel is treating Africans?
I don’t even think the Democratic Party kisses us. They only talk of kissing us.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

One group fucks you

true true! although I do hope they get rid of Dodd-Frank; thats just a personal issue for me though...

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
true true! although I do hope they get rid of Dodd-Frank; thats just a personal issue for me though...

They needed to fix dodd-frank....no way should they allow banks to gamble with our money aND too big to fail is bullshit with no regulations. ..

badboyyawdie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Nazi wing of government pulled that shit and Democrats still didn't get their nuts out the sand and start fighting

Harry Reid Could have stopped all this by recognizing the GOPs obstruction and by changing the rules of senate votes from super majority to simple majority.

And he chose not to take the cuffs off Obama.

And as soon as the GOP took power they straight punked the Democrats by changing filibuster rules and the majority voting rules for most things.

For 8 years GOP would not give Obama shit but in the last months we have watched democrats join with republiKKKans to pass fucked up legislation.

The SCOTUS has been conservative for the last 45 years yet people say only they could save us.

Now only Mueller can save us.

While we still trust in Schumer and Pelosi the same leadership that just threw Auntie Maxine under the bus. But it isn't just her, where is the rest of the CBC who should be defending her.

They all allowed Trump to lie on her and the CBC remains silent while the white bosses joined with their republican brothers to denounce her.

SMDH
Well said got damn!

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Stolen Justice pick...

Obama should have forced Garland through it should have been his going away present

Should have, yes.

Strategy-wise? Guarantee you he, and all his team, didn’t want to do ANYTHING that could have been seen as costing Clinton support, especially because their polling had to show it wasn’t a landslide victory she was cruising toward, but they (and 99% of American and pollsters), thought she’d win. So with that in mind, he stepped back.

Unfortunately, it backfire in his face.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They needed to fix dodd-frank....no way should they allow banks to gamble with our money aND too big to fail is bullshit with no regulations. ..
The problem is they bailed the banks out and not the people out. Then the banks didn't even lend the money out; and the laws got stricter for them to lend the money out... and then the banks got all these compliance shit. I agree they should be allowed to fail; and if they wanna gamble they should gamble with their own money. They should also have split the banks up. Investment banks should be different than commercial banks or retail banks. But that's the government for you:hmm:...

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem is they bailed the banks out and not the people out. Then the banks didn't even lend the money out; and the laws got stricter for them to lend the money out... and then the banks got all these compliance shit. I agree they should be allowed to fail; and if they wanna gamble they should gamble with their own money. They should also have split the banks up. Investment banks should be different than commercial banks or retail banks. But that's the government for you:hmm:...

That was Obamas weakness instead of demanding actions by the banks in exchange for the bailout he hoped they would do the right thing.

Same thing with the ACA..instead of mandating states join and create exchanges he gave them the choice hoping they would. And instead, they sabotaged the ACA and then pointed and said look its failing.

They let the Right Wingnuts define the narrative and then it was too late