James Gandolfini Passes Away

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Actor, producer and philanthropist James Gandolfini passed away today suddenly. He was 51. Deadline broke the news late Wednesday, saying Gandolfini suffered a suspected heart attack.

Perhaps best known for his portrayal of Tony Soprano in the critically acclaimed HBO television series “The Sopranos,” for which he won both the Emmy and Screen Actors Guild award multiple times, Gandolfini was born September 18, 1961 and grew up in Park Ridge, New Jersey.

While he may be most recognizable as Tony Soprano by fans, Gandolfini had a number of different roles in Hollywood, including “True Romance,” “Terminal Velocity,” “Get Shorty,” “The Juror,” “The Taking of Pelham 123″ and more. Early in his career during 1992, he appeared in a Broadway production of “On the Waterfront.” He most recently was set to appear in “Animal Rescue” alongside Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace, which is slated for a 2014 release.

Behind the camera, Gandolfini produced two documentaries with HBO: “Alive Day: Home from Iraq,” which focused on injured Iraq War veterans and the physical and emotional toll of reintegrating back into society; and “Wartorn: 1861-2010,” which explored and allayed the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder through American history. He also produced “Hemingway & Gelhorn,” the HBO miniseries about author Ernest Hemingway and the writer’s relationship with Martha Gelhorn. Gandolfini was a huge supporter of The Octoberwoman Foundation for Breast Cancer Research in his hometown of Park Ridge, and appeared often in the foundation’s annual October banquet.

Gandolfini is survived by his wife, Deborah Lin, and his son Michael. The thoughts and prayers of Spinoff Online go out to his family and friends in this difficult time.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/06/19/james-gandolfini-passes-away/

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
between the ages of 45 and 55 men are most vulnerable to heart attacks, diabetes, high blood pressure, strokes, etc.

get yourselves checked out and then make your life changes brethren. :smh:

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn!!!!! Is this selfisb and terrible to be disappointed that there wont be a Sopranos movie?!

Sad. He was great as Tony Soprano. Just damn. :smh:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Sad.

In every poll The Sopranos is arguably the greatest show ever.

Don't agree with it but dude is immortalized forever as one of the biggest sociopaths ever portrayed on the small screen. R.I.P.

tony_soprano.jpg

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sad.

Don't agree with it but dude is immortalized forever as one of the biggest sociopaths ever portrayed on the small screen. R.I.P.

tony_soprano.jpg

Big screen too. Remember True Romance when he punched out Patricia Arquette after complimenting her. "Spin around for me...no the other way... *WHAM*

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I'm Shocked, Loved that dude in the Sopranos :eek: :eek:
R.I.P. James Gandolfini aka Tony :sad:

HNIC

clitsational

Rising Star
Platinum Member
was in LA walking across the opening to a parking lot

he almost hit me and apologized profusely and was really cool

he was clearly in a hurry but he chatted for a few and wished me luck on my career before he bounced

R I P

:cool:

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sad.

tony_soprano.jpg

Goddamn, that muthfucka was only 51? He looked like he was in his 50s 10 years ago. :smh:

Swizz Heat

The I'm not amused MOD
BGOL Investor
RIP and yall really need to stop the "Sopranos movie" talk, that was never gonna happen. If anything, I expect a Sopranos marathon to come on TV, maybe A&E channel since they ran reruns a while back, they probably do one this weekend. HBO probably will too.