BGOL Throwback: Ya'll remember Highlander? UPDATE: Henry Cavill to star in Highlander reboot!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
tumblr_mihjwlWMmV1qc5dpuo1_500.png

highlander_2.gif

highlander-intro-o.gif

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kq4SqgxIKM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watched every damn episode of the TV series and I think I have all the movies too.:lol:

I even think there was a cartoon??? How they did beheading on there?!?!

How was there no VIDEO GAME???

Looking back that stuff didnt make no type of sense but we thought the sword fighting and "There Can Be Only One" stuff was the illest back then.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
WTF???

It was reported months ago that Ryan Reynolds (‘Green Lantern’, ‘Safe House’) was in talks for the role of Conner MacLeod in the new ‘Highlander’. And after months of negotiations the 35 year old has been officially cast as the lead in the film.

Ryan-Reynolds-ryan-reynolds-683861_800_600-650x487.jpg

“After roughly a month of negotiations, Ryan Reynolds has officially been cast in the lead role for HIGHLANDER. Reynolds will play Conner MacLeod, a Highlander who discovers he is one of a dwindling group of immortals who wander the earth and kill each other in combat for the final “Prize” – immortality.”

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
The Highlander films are in my "so bad it's good" file of movies. Really interesting (if ridiculous) premise.... horrible over-acting and a bunch of silly fight scenes. Loved that shit as a kid tho... also used to watch the tv series.

"There can only be one!" :dance:

KINGFROMQUEENS

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tumblr_mihjwlWMmV1qc5dpuo1_500.png

highlander_2.gif

highlander-intro-o.gif

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kq4SqgxIKM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watched every damn episode of the TV series and I think I have all the movies too.:lol:

I even think there was a cartoon??? How they did beheading on there?!?!

How was there no VIDEO GAME???

Looking back that stuff didnt make no type of sense but we thought the sword fighting and "There Can Be Only One" stuff was the illest back then.

WAS a big fan of the movies and the show

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:yes:A couple of weeks ago I was checking for highlander on youtube and found out they have full episodes of the tv show up there. I started watching Highlander because of RAW back in the day. I would sometimes catch the reruns that would air on USA network. And started watching new episodes during season 4. At the end of season 5 i was like:eek::smh:I like all the movies except the last one that came out.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Question to real fans:

In the series there was a child Highlander...

how in the hell did they explain that even happening and did he fall victim to the quickening?

Last edited:

John_Gault

Support BGOL
Registered
The first film became my #1 movie for a WHILE when I first saw it.

Every sequel after, was HORRIBLE.

There should be ONLY one. And Fuck a Ryan Reynolds reboot. Matta fact, fuck a reboot.

JG

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, it's a bit dated now, but the first Highlander was a classic action flick. In the early 90's it was my goto rental if I had in the house date.

That Film had it all, Action, Drama, Romance and a damn good soundtrack from Queen songs.

The sequel ret-conned the whole story and really fucked it for good.

The 3rd movie starred Mario Van Peebles as the main villian. Nothing more needs to be said about that crap

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The first film became my #1 movie for a WHILE when I first saw it.

Every sequel after, was HORRIBLE.

There should be ONLY one. And Fuck a Ryan Reynolds reboot. Matta fact, fuck a reboot.

JG

:smh:C/S ryan reynolds is good in comedies but action movies hell no.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, it's a bit dated now, but the first Highlander was a classic action flick. In the early 90's it was my goto rental if I had in the house date.

That Film had it all, Action, Drama, Romance and a damn good soundtrack from Queen songs.

The sequel ret-conned the whole story and really fucked it for good.

The 3rd movie starred Mario Van Peebles as the main villian. Nothing more needs to be said about that crap

wasnt Dame Dash in that flick too???

11050995_gal.jpg

11051004_gal.jpg

11051005_gal.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bnl0ZVoxGFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
@1:10

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I enjoyed the show.....I like the way the oldest cat hid among the people looking for them.... The last movie was garbage...

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Still one of the dopests movie/TV show soundtracks of all time! :yes: "I am immortal, I have inside of me blood of kings!

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
I happen to think that the TV series starring Adrian Paul was a decent show. I believe season five is where the show began to fall off. The problem with the Highlander franchise is bad writing and lack of funding. End Game, which starred Adrian Paul, had a decent budget but the writing was subpar and did not generate enough of a monetary return to warrant a successful sequel. The Source was PURE ASS. This piece of shit was a combination of bad writing, bad acting, lack of funding, cheesy special effects, and shitty directing.

I've always liked Adrian Paul and I think he could perhaps play the role of a mentor (Ramirez) to Ryan Reynolds to tie the original series to this upcoming one. Just my thought.

geist

Star
Registered
The show was good right up until they killed Richie off. I haven't seen it in years, I wonder how it held up.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Wasn't it like they were aliens or some shit? I remember watching a few of the series. And i remember the first movie. And i think someone told me they were aliens. And i'm so mad at Donnie Yen for being involved with this bullshit.

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Question to real fans:

In the series there was a child Highlander...

how in the hell did they explain that even happening and did he fall victim to the quickening?

It was explained that immortals are born immortals, and whatever age they are when they initially die is thw age they remain until they lose their head. As such, he would need to depend on both the kindness of sympathetic immortals like Amamda, and trickery (behead them when their guard is down) to survive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was explained that immortals are born immortals, and whatever age they are when they initially die is thw age they remain until they lose their head. As such, he would need to depend on both the kindness of sympathetic immortals like Amamda, and trickery (behead them when their guard is down).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

my man:cool:

There are a few Immortals that sometimes die during violent periods, such as wars, before they have the chance to grow up. These child Immortals are particularly vulnerable, as all the physical training in the world cannot put them on even terms with an adult Immortal, especially one-on-one. Expressing surprise that Immortals could be very young after meeting one, Richie Ryan is told by Duncan MacLeod that there is a reason so few exist: "he'll never be big enough or strong enough", or in other words, they will never be able to adequately protect themselves. Trapped in a small body for eternity, child Immortals tend to either become easy pickings, beheaded at an early time by evil Immortals, or if they live for more than a few decades become cold and calculating, using the only physical asset they have: the ability to feign childlike innocence. Years of surviving the Game replaces the innocent child with a scheming and often ruthless adult in a child's body, willing to prey upon the goodwill of good Immortals just as evil Immortals would have no qualms of preying upon the child. Duncan in particular has met child Immortals, and experience has taught him to not turn his back on the ones that have survived more than one lifetime. Duncan once warned Amanda about the child Immortal Kenny that she met again after 800 years, but she disregarded his advice, still considering Kenny to be as innocent as the newborn Immortal he was back then. She was deeply shocked and heart-broken when the experienced Kenny showed that he was now an adult, even as far as to express his sexual attraction for her

Last edited: