Writer's Circle: How would YOU write Marvel's Black Panther movie? UPDATE:What about the sequel?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
With the addition of Spiderman

all of the Marvel universe release dates have been pushed back.

Black Panther is due Summer 2018 June/July

http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?p=15572949&posted=1#post15572949

the negatives are if the superhero craze dies down or gets over saturated.

If these next few movies don't do the same business

If someone quits or gets fired

there is A LOT that can happen before then too.

Ava DuVernay has been rumored to direct and reaction had been mixed (to put it politely)

I really hope they lock this down early.

I got a feeling if done right this could be the FIRST marvel Movie to get a serious Oscar nomination.

this is one of those movies that has to NOT leaked early at all scripts scenes etc.

The complete OPPOSITE of everything Suicide Squad is doing..

It has a burden that the other movies didn't have.

Blade didn't KNOW it would be the pioneer it was...

Dark Knight didn't know the critical impact

Iron Man didn't know it would lead the way to an entirely new blockbuster genre.

BP is a damn cultural and societal benchmark in the making

a potential international event...

remember when HEROES was everywhere?

And *poof gone.

This is going to be something that could rally Black Pride and change the game.

That is a CRAZY burden to be fun smart and action packed AND have cultural significance enough to resonate across the globe??

The question is can it JUST be good?

will that satisfy everyone?

Because trying to achieve greatness/perfection or worse EVERYONE expecting it to be?

is a DOA situation.

So my question is HOW should Marvel approach BP...

HOW would YOU approach this?

Would you go for a MESSAGE?

Drama political intrigue serious tone using the city of Wakanda has an ideal attempting to be ravaged by outsiders?

Would you go layered social commentary about imperialism and the raping of Africa?

Would you make SOCIAL COMMENTARY a main point?

what about the WHITE audience?

Or would you go strictly comic book ORIGIN STORY and set out to make a great comic book movie with action and stunts...

making BOP the super cool super smart regal Black James Bond he is?

Thoughts???

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
Me personally? I'd let this man run the show. I'd say, "Here you go bruh, do your thing."

249177.1.jpg

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So my question is HOW should Marvel approach BP...

HOW would YOU approach this?

Would you go for a MESSAGE?

Drama political intrigue serious tone using the city of Wakanda has an ideal attempting to be ravaged by outsiders?

Would you go layered social commentary about imperialism and the raping of Africa?

Would you make SOCIAL COMMENTARY a main point?

what about the WHITE audience?

Or would you go strictly comic book ORIGIN STORY and set out to make a great comic book movie with action and stunts...

making BOP the super cool super smart regal Black James Bond he is?

Thoughts???

Its a comic book movie it should be approached as such..the sheer fact that you SHOULD have a majority black cast with a black hero in a black country thats untouched by european imperialism is enough message and subtext right there. Just make it action packed and fun just like Blade and the Avengers...Thats what Ava needs to keep in mind.

all those things underlined is EXACTLY why "black films" are no FUN by and large...

if you want all those things underlined then get Ava Duvernay or Spike Lee to make the damn thing like they make their other movies and lets get as heavy handed with the social commentary as possible then watch the Box Office not do a damn thing other than make money in black neighborhoods and maybe a few african countries and watch the studios go SEE TOLD YA BLACK MOVIES DON'T SELL!

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
They gotta do origin story cuz so many movie goers don't know him. That said, it doesn't have to be just origin story. I would like to see something close to the tone they struck in Winter Soldier. That film balanced social commentary with straight up action in a way I wasn't expecting. I was rewatching some of Avengers EMH this weekend. They did BP well on that show. It was pretty much a given that he was the all around smartest guy in the room...even with Tony Stark and Hank Pym in the room. I think showing all his strengths on screen might be one of the biggest challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It will be bigger

We will flush out all cacs in every movie theater

They wouldn't dare come inside or see that movie when they are 100000 niggas wearing black panther shirts.

Andddd it should be a CAc killed every 40 seconds.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Would definitely have some social commentary about imperialism. Wakanda would be a civilization that was able to keep hidden protecting them from imperialism for decades. I would go the semi-prodigal son route time period maybe based in the late 60's when BP had his first appearance.

T'Challa is a young curious prince saddled with the high expectation of being the next chieftain of Wakanda, who wishes to just have fun and make friends and go beyond the hidden walls of Wakanda to see the world. But his father T'Chaka is trying to prepare him for inheriting the mantle of the Black Panther and leading the people into the future while steering his son away from the influences of the outside world that risk revealing the whereabouts of their secret kingdom that has remained hidden thanks to inventive ideas of T'Chaka and his father and his father before him, who used rumors, fake myths, mysticism and curses to scare away outsiders. As time went on they developed new technogicial ways to do this. But T'Challa argues his father how can he lead the people into the future if he has never experienced the world.

So T'Challa sneaks out of the kingdom to see the other countries hears about the X-Men and other super heroes meets some friends unbeknownst to him who just so happen to be connected with a mining company looking for precious metals owned by Dr.Klaw who seeks this vibranium to defeat Stark industries in the arms race. T'Challla clumsily is followed home by one of his friends who discovers Wakanda and a mound of Vibranium alerts Dr.Klaw and they return full force to mine the Vibranium for profit and power. Conflict ensues and now T'Chaka must defend Wakanda from imperialism that has decimated neighboring African countries. Wakanda puts up a good fight but Klaw eventually overcomes them kills T'Chaka. T'Challa retreats with deep sorrow and regret over his fathers death blames himself. Seeks advice from the Panther gods and a girl (young Orroro/Storm) he met outside of Wakanda gives him a pick me up of inspiration.

(Sub-plot) With T'Chaka now dead and T'Challa to blame a challenging tribe seeks to now wear the mantle of Black Panther these challengers (sellouts) have a secret connection to the outside world and want to sell Wakandas Vibranium to the highest bidder for enormous profit. T'Challa must defeat the challengers and take his place as chieftain of Wakanda.He defeats the challengers and take the mantle of Black Panther. (Sub-plot end)

In deep regret of there sellout behavior the challengers tell T'Challa the full truth. Turns out the challengers had already struck a deal with Dr.Klaw and were only days away from infiltrating Wakanda before T'Challa even snuck out, and lead them to Wakanda. After finding their own way in Klaw refuses to honor the previous agreement and decides to attack Wakanda on his own. T'Challa finally pulls himself together and leads Wakanda to victory over the imperialist Dr. Klaw defeating him and saving Wakanda. Now exposed to the world by Dr.Klaw Tony Starks father comes to T'Challas aid to help him rebuild Wakanda in return he gets some Vibranium. In the end back at Wakanda HQ we discover that T'Chaka had an elaborate technological surveillance of the outside world and knew all about the X-Men and other mutants goings-on that T'Challa couldn't know about until he was ready. Now with a technologically advanced African army behind him to defend Wakanda and T'Challa stands in that room his father stood watching over the world and every move the avengers and other heroes and villains make plotting and planning, and waiting...

The End

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Would definitely have some social commentary about imperialism. Wakanda would be a civilization that was able to keep hidden protecting them from imperialism for decades. I would go the semi-prodigal son route time period maybe based in the late 60's when BP had his first appearance.

T'Challa is a young curious prince saddled with the high expectation of being the next chieftain of Wakanda, who wishes to just have fun and make friends and go beyond the hidden walls of Wakanda to see the world. But his father T'Chaka is trying to prepare him for inheriting the mantle of the Black Panther and leading the people into the future while steering his son away from the influences of the outside world that risk revealing the whereabouts of their secret kingdom that has remained hidden thanks to inventive ideas of T'Chaka and his father and his father before him, who used rumors, fake myths, mysticism and curses to scare away outsiders. As time went on they developed new technogicial ways to do this. But T'Challa argues his father how can he lead the people into the future if he has never experienced the world.

So T'Challa sneaks out of the kingdom to see the other countries hears about the X-Men and other super heroes meets some friends unbeknownst to him who just so happen to be connected with a mining company looking for precious metals owned by Dr.Klaw who seeks this vibranium to defeat Stark industries in the arms race. T'Challla clumsily is followed home by one of his friends who discovers Wakanda and a mound of Vibranium alerts Dr.Klaw and they return full force to mine the Vibranium for profit and power. Conflict ensues and now T'Chaka must defend Wakanda from imperialism that has decimated neighboring African countries. Wakanda puts up a good fight but Klaw eventually overcomes them kills T'Chaka. T'Challa retreats with deep sorrow and regret over his fathers death blames himself. Seeks advice from the Panther gods and a girl (young Orroro/Storm) he met outside of Wakanda gives him a pick me up of inspiration.

(Sub-plot) With T'Chaka now dead and T'Challa to blame a challenging tribe seeks to now wear the mantle of Black Panther these challengers (sellouts) have a secret connection to the outside world and want to sell Wakandas Vibranium to the highest bidder for enormous profit. T'Challa must defeat the challengers and take his place as chieftain of Wakanda.He defeats the challengers and take the mantle of Black Panther. (Sub-plot end)

In deep regret of there sellout behavior the challengers tell T'Challa the full truth. Turns out the challengers had already struck a deal with Dr.Klaw and were only days away from infiltrating Wakanda before T'Challa even snuck out, and lead them to Wakanda. After finding their own way in Klaw refuses to honor the previous agreement and decides to attack Wakanda on his own. T'Challa finally pulls himself together and leads Wakanda to victory over the imperialist Dr. Klaw defeating him and saving Wakanda. Now exposed to the world by Dr.Klaw Tony Starks father comes to T'Challas aid to help him rebuild Wakanda in return he gets some Vibranium. In the end back at Wakanda HQ we discover that T'Chaka had an elaborate technological surveillance of the outside world and knew all about the X-Men and other mutants goings-on that T'Challa couldn't know about until he was ready. Now with a technologically advanced African army behind him to defend Wakanda and T'Challa stands in that room his father stood watching over the world and every move the avengers and other heroes and villains make plotting and planning, and waiting...

The End

good story....seriously....but it wouldnt really leave much room for BP to tie into the current MCU...he'd be older than Tony today, right? And the X-Men tie in isnt happening on screen. I like the ideas though.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
good story....seriously....but it wouldnt really leave much room for BP to tie into the current MCU...he'd be older than Tony today, right? And the X-Men tie in isnt happening on screen. I like the ideas though.

Older than Tony Stark but that's not a bad thing as old as Robert Downey is. How come it wouldn't tie in to MCU? Especially after X-Men DOFP? The Avengers movie has already mentioned Tony Stark as having Vibranium and we all know where that comes from.

I chose the late 60's intro because I feel that's why they chose Ava Duvernay to direct she could put a nice 60's feel to the movie since she did Selma. But you could always keep it as T'Chaka if BP being older than Tony is a problem then it would make since, then intro younger BP later in the MCU.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think they need to use the short lived BET animated series as a template.

I would start it off as a big flashback of his grandfather going thorough the trails the legend....

then flash forward to Captain America in a meeting with the feds about going into Wakanda to TAKE their resources he is a loyal solider but this is the beginning of his doubts we see proven in winter Solider.

They give a complete overview of Wakanda and the origins of the Black Panther as THEY know it and that educates the audience.

Seeing Tony Stark's dad and Cap will help them accept the MCU connection....might even mention Hydra or AIM

And show that iconic scene of Cap landing in Wakanda in the dead of night and having T'Chaka's dad basically serve Cap up while also detailing to the audience the long line of blood and death brought about by foreign nations raping Africa and this also explain Wakanda's complete separation from the rest of the world.

the shock of the audience seeing Cap beaten to a pulp by a Black man AND shown mercy BUT warned severely will be polarizing but I think is the best way to show that America isn't perfect (much like they did in Winter Solider...greed power racism etc)

the rest of the film can show T'Challa's doubts with leading being raised in a more modern world

show how he traveled the world to educate himself (and meets a young silver haired thief in Egypt) and his people no longer think he is BLACK ENOUGH to lead Wakanda and prefer his cousin.

His cousin's jealously the pressures (very Barack Obama in his first term) burden him.

Our FIRST look at Wakanda has to inspire awe in every Black person in the audience they must feel like THAT is possible and COULD be possible

He is torn throughout and is reminded he is the descendent of kings to honor our history to hold ourselves to a higher standard but NOT set by OTHERS but set by ourselves.

That he WILL join the fight (on his own terms) and the Avengers as a SYMBOL to his people and the world about Black people's contributions importance legacy and humanity BUT will defend his PEOPLE'S best interest at all costs...

just like Cap and Tony.

I would study many speeches and interviews of Malcolm X, MLK Jr, Bomani Jones, Amiri Baraka, John Stewart, Jesse Williams, Barack Obama (mix of a variety of voices to try to connect to the audience on different levels but still be clever funny relevant and SMART)...to make the quick debates and slick comments and retorts about race throughout the movie and not bog it down with preachy speeches.

"Stark, I am no man's puppet"

"You believe it is much easier to handle a man in chains"

"You keep reaching into another man's plate. prepare for your hand to be chopped off"

mentions of the confederate flag, the unjust between law enforcement in the US

That action pieces need to be raw like Daredevil on Netflix...

more MMA, African, Brazilian, Boxing....

He has to be smart and cool distant regal aloof focused measured adamant quick to check you....Black James Bond

but NOT immediately we need to see him as almost 'AMERICAN' in the beginning and grow and develop more mature as the film progresses.

study the first Iron Man and see Starks transformation

I think Ava could do this...because the emotions of the interactions especially the aftermath is key to translating to a wider audience.

When and whoever the BIG BAD is who conquers and enslaves the Wakandas has to illicit the colonialism and slavery...and when they rise up it has to feel like something every black person in that audience has dreamed of their whole lives.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Christopher Priest & Reginald Hudlin

panther.jpg

There are a ton of great Black Panther stories out there so it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly where in the comics the Black Panther film will draw inspiration from, so I'm going to highlight the writers of what is considered the best Black Panther run and the most accessible Black Panther origin story.

christopher-priest.jpg

Christopher Priest's take on the title is considered to be the best among fans. Just like what Simonson and Miller did to Thor and Daredevil respectively, Priest gave the title great characterization and depth which essentially modernized who Black Panther was. He introduced fan favorite comic relief Everett K. Ross and defined what Black Panther's role was as a master strategist and a king of a nation.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-31-at-1-52-19-PM.png

Reginald Hudlin is a filmmaker who penned a modern take on Black Panther's origin. It was revamped for contemporary audiences and was turned into an animated series. While it isn't as exactly as beloved by diehard Black Panther fans, many still consider it to be a great jumping-on point for non-fans. The accessibility of its origin story would be a great influence on the film. Hudlin is also one of those names being tossed around by fans as a possible director for the film.

Don McGregor gets a shout out as well. He is notable for setting the majority of Black Panther’s stories within Africa – which seems obvious for a character from Africa, but was rare at the time – and creating the classic Black Panther villain Killmonger. He also wrote the controversial “Black Panther vs. The Klan!” arc, now considered to be one of the best Black Panther stories ever told (though it probably won’t be a major inspiration for the film). What he did with the character continues to echo throughout the characters publication history and gave writers Priest and Hudlin solid material as foundation.

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Older than Tony Stark but that's not a bad thing as old as Robert Downey is. How come it wouldn't tie in to MCU? Especially after X-Men DOFP? The Avengers movie has already mentioned Tony Stark as having Vibranium and we all know where that comes from.

I chose the late 60's intro because I feel that's why they chose Ava Duvernay to direct she could put a nice 60's feel to the movie since she did Selma. But you could always keep it as T'Chaka if BP being older than Tony is a problem then it would make since, then intro younger BP later in the MCU.

I was saying an older BP wouldnt tie in because you would basically have to recast him to have him interact with the current heroes. Chadwick Boseman would be great in the story you outlined....it just wouldnt make sense having the same actor as BP 50 yrs later interacting with the Avengers as an old ass man. I think we forget how long ago the 60's was sometimes. Dude would be pushing 70-80 today.

...and you do realize the X-Men films are not part of the MCU, right? You keep mentioning them like there could be some tie in. There wont be.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I was saying an older BP wouldnt tie in because you would basically have to recast him to have him interact with the current heroes. Chadwick Boseman would be great in the story you outlined....it just wouldnt make sense having the same actor as BP 50 yrs later interacting with the Avengers as an old ass man. I think we forget how long ago the 60's was sometimes. Dude would be pushing 70-80 today.

...and you do realize the X-Men films are not part of the MCU, right? You keep mentioning them like there could be some tie in. There wont be.

good point

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yes and our people ALWAYS support OUR movies.

you know they say we dont but if you REALLY look back

White Chicks

Are We there yet

Barbershop

Drumline

Ride Along

Scary Movie

we do but we did we really support Top Ten, Selma or Dope?

So I am little worried about BP...

but my heart tells me it will be a cultural phenomenon.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

True I'm just taking the liberty because it is a fictional genre so their might be some way to make it all fit somehow.

But no I didn't realize X-Men isn't apart of the MCU. I thought since there were tie-ins with the comic they would eventually make the tie-ins with the cinematic versions. I wrote my idea based on the comic universe more than the cinematic.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
True I'm just taking the liberty because it is a fictional genre so their might be some way to make it all fit somehow.

But no I didn't realize X-Men isn't apart of the MCU. I thought since there were tie-ins with the comic they would eventually make the tie-ins with the cinematic versions. I wrote my idea based on the comic universe more than the cinematic.

understood and it was good

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
- Eric Killmonger
458417-blap_alan_davis38.jpg
ErikKillmonger_02.jpg

You need a villain. Many years ago, Ulysses Klaw led a treacherous attack on Wakanda and its royal family. Klaw even managed to kill the king, T'Chaka, before being stopped by T'Chaka's young son, T'Challa. Klaw was repelled and left Wakanda, but not before he took back a number of Wakandans to serve as his slaves. One of these was a boy whose parents Klaw had killed, a boy named N'jadaka. Little is known of N'jadaka's time as a slave to his parents' killer, but we do know that N'jadaka harbored an intense hatred for T'Chaka, his former king. He believed that weakness on T'Chaka's part was a key factor in allowing his parents to be killed. N'jadaka became educated in the United States, adopting the name Erik Killmonger, earning a PhD in Engineering and an MBA. It is said that he even taught for a time at M.I.T.

To this day, the Black Panther has never defeated Erik Killmonger in one-on-one combat.

Killmonger is a revolutionary leader, well-known to all Wakandans, and even supported by some. The village he grew up in has even been renamed N'jadaka Village. His revolutionary charisma, his mastery of politics and economics, his tactical cunning, and his access to the Altar of Resurrection would likely have make him Black Panther's greatest foe even if his physical abilities were not as amazing as they are.

Ulyssess Klaw -
4174259-klaw.jpg

Klaw's origin has recently been ret-conned by Reggie Hudlin in the Black Panther series. In this version, his great-great-great grandfather was one of the founders of South Africa, whom T'Chaka killed in a fight. Klaw is now an assassin, hired to kill him. Ulysses Klaw, a Dutch scientist, had developed a weapon that could turn sound into solid objects - as before, it needed only Vibranium to work finally. Klaw makes his move at a global economic conference where plenty of 'potential employers' gathered. When Klaw realizes no deal is going to be made, he takes action, managing to kill the Panther. During his escape, Black Panther's son T'Challa blasts Klaw's hand off. After having his half-dead body experimented on for close to a decade, Klaw returns to being an assassin. With a gun attached to his hand, and Vibranium from the black market, he returns to Wakanda ten years later, as before, attacking Black Panther and the Fantastic Four.

You need villains for the character to rise up against and defeat. BP has never beaten Killmonger. And fighting Klaw who's a city wide type/ team threat would be excellent to have. Where BP would use his genius intellect to beat Klaw. Killmonger you have BP fight him and "Lose" and then have Killmonger come back for another movie.

You introduce the Dora. You introduce Shuri. You have to see BP's family and how he runs his kingdom. You have him mention where he was educated at. You have him mention his capabilities offhand. And then you show him working in a lab. You show him creating inventions. You show him working out.

I'd even start it off in 2 phases. You start it off with T'Chaka being killed. Then you do the scene where T'challa fights for leadership of the Black Panther cult. And taking up the mantle. And meeting Bast. After that fight. You show a spanning view of Wakanda. You show them with flying cars and towering buildings with panther symbols all over. Then you show the vibranium mountain. You introduce Klaw there, in my view though. You have Klaw be hired to steal vibranium from the mountain by Killmonger. Who we meet soon after.

When you do focus on Killmonger you show him brutally killing 1 of the White Gorilla's with his bare hands. After that kill 1 of his aids comes up to him with papers to sign or some shit like that showing he's not just some savage ass dude out there. Next scene you see him in an office handling business and being reported to by Klaw. The whole beginning of the film needs to show Killmonger causing trouble in Wakanda. Middle of the film has to show him maybe leaking information to the Americans about Wakanda. You have Cap America in on a meeting with SHIELD about how the hell Wakanda could've gone undercover for so long and you have cap flashback to meeting TChaka and being beat by him.

America sends an emissary to wakanda. Tchalla says fine. Since we're already exposed, i'll meet them. Killmonger serves as an envoy with the Americans and and that's where we learn Killmonger's history. During their meeting where Tchalla spanks everyone involved verbally except Killmonger...Klaw causes a bunch of bullshit at the mountain. Causing it to quake and Shuri is in the mountain leading a tour. Killmonger and Tchalla go into the mountain to help people together and face down Klaw and his weapon. Tchalla and Killmonger get separated and Killmonger uses a machine that kills Klaw's physical body but turns him into energy making him the hero of the people.

And as usual i'm stuck there. Anyway big fight with Killmonger at the end at the same time figuring out a way to technically stop Klaw's energy form from further fucking up Wakanda. And MAYBE... at the end fly in a Helicarrier.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/feige-explains-black-panthers-role-in-captain-america-civil-war

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has been dropping truth bombs left and right while on the press tour for "Ant-Man," opening up about everything from Doctor Strange's base of operations to the tone of the upcoming new "Spider-Man" film. In his apparent quest to spill a few beans about every film on Marvel's slate, Feige talked to Birth.Movies.Death about Black Panther -- specifically T'Challa's role in "Captain America: Civil War."

“The reason we introduced him in 'Civil War' is because we needed a third party," said Feige. "We needed fresh eyes who wasn’t embedded with the Avengers and who has a very different point of view than either Tony or Steve. We said, ‘We need somebody like Black Panther… why don’t we just use Black Panther?’ That’s how it went in the development process.”

The African nation of Wakanda, which T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman) calls his kingdom, was mentioned in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," paving the way for his inclusion in "Civil War." Feige talked a bit about the role "Ultron" plays in bringing Black Panther out into the larger world.

“Today, pre-'Civil War,' post-'Ultron' I think he and his father [T'Chaka] are saying, ‘A bunch of vibranium just got out of here and wreaked a lot of havoc. Maybe we can’t stay behind these borders anymore, maybe we have to stick our heads out and make at least an attempt to be a part of the rest of the world right now, while at the same time protecting our people.’ That’s sort of where we meet him in 'Civil War.'"

When asked if T'Challa will operate under the mantle of Black Panther in "Civil War," Feige admitted he didn't know how to reply "without spoiling" the film. “It is a role that he is still in the beginning phases of taking on, it’s a mantle he is only beginning to take on because his father is older.” This answer implies that T'Chaka will at least have some role to play in either "Civil War" or "Black Panther," the latter of which B.M.D. presumes is not going to be an origin story.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
we need to get Bills to do the initial script, Jay Dade to take care of the shots and punch up dialogue, Dray do the storyboards...

done.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Really only need 5 key things to make it iconic.

-Take a mixture of the most compelling origins from him and mesh them when they intersect so it makes sense.

-Make sure to really SHOWCASE why he's superior and special. Don't tone any of his true power and intelligence down it needs to shine through.

-Make sure all the side characters are people and not just things on the screen that happen to be there. Make people vested in their interests as well. Even the main villain, and especially the main villain make that figure a fixture so the audience feels some kind of way about the things he does and understands the need for the villain to be stopped.

-No filler dull moments. Everything has to be surgical and working towards something. Make sure that even the smallest detail ties in somehow so that it's one big puzzle that comes together in the end. With it being a puzzle don't make it predictable. arrive at the end unorthodox so that even though it's the ending you expected, it's freshly done so you want more.

- Leave room for more. Fill them up with an experience they want to see again. I'd go with focusing on 1 villain but introducing a minor person who is to step up and be the villain for the next movie. Feel fulfilled that this conflict was resolved but the one guy you paid attention to 45 minutes into the movie has the juice now and he's even worse than the one before him and it's going to take something epic to kill him off...and i can't wait to see how they do it.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
I'd have Monica be an american diplomat. Gotta have a black woman love interest. And he WAS going to marry her at some point.

Last edited: