Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,”

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

:roflmao2::roflmao3::roflmao::lol:
Time calls President Trump 'incorrect' after he claimed to turn down magazine's ‘Person of the Year’ nomination

aptopix-trump.jpg

President Trump spent Black Friday boasting.
(Evan Vucci/AP)
Chris Sommerfeldt
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Friday, November 24, 2017, 8:07 PM

After Turkey Day, Donald Trump felt like crowing.

The President boasted Friday afternoon that he had turned down an offer to be Time's person of the year — but the weekly magazine quickly disputed that claim.

"Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named 'Man (Person) of the Year,' like last year," Trump tweeted.

A few hours later, Time rebutted, "The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year."

Fake Time magazine covers hang at Trump golf courses

"TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6," the magazine added.

The White House did not immediately return a request for comment from the Daily News.

Donald Trump in the White House

Since 1927, Time has dedicated one issue per year to a person who has "for better or for worse" done "the most to influence the events of the year."

The weekly magazine gave Trump that distinction last year and motivated it with a scathing feature piece that appeared to lean more towards "worse" than "better."

But Trump didn't mention that in his Friday tweet, instead hinting that interviews are a waste of time.

"I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot," his tweet continued. "I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!"

The President hasn't been interviewed by a major news organization besides Fox News since this spring. He does, however, regularly lash out against what he calls the "fake news" media.

Trump's Friday tweet quickly became a target of seething Twitter satire.

"Hollywood just called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named the next James Bond but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!" English comedian David Schneider tweeted.

Richard Stengel, the Under Secretary of State for President Obama, referenced a June exposé that Trump has fraudulent Time covers of himself hanging at several of his golf clubs.

"Hate to tell you but that PROBABLY means you're NOT Person of the Year," Stengel tweeted. "But I'm sure you still have that fake TIME cover somewhere in storage."

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
24129693_1813891832037196_129196724995327188_n.jpg

Trumps response: “My impeachment crowds will be tremendous. Tremendous, believe me. The crowds will be bigger than my inaugural crowds and we know how terrific they were. Really terrific. General Kelly... a really great guy. I’ve known him a long time, believe me. Fantastic man... he’s promised me, and you , to bring a huge red fire truck. The biggest fire truck the world has ever seen. And very red , folks. Very red. Wait and see... I can tell you this...we’re going to have a great time. You’ll see...”

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
How could we have missed this, SO BIGLY ???

“Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named 'Man (Person) of the Year,' like last year," Trump tweeted.

How right he really was.

I believe Time really did call him; and Time Really did make him the person of the year!!!

The Irony:

person-of-year-2017-time-magazine-cover1.jpg

The Irony ! ! !

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
How could we have missed this, SO BIGLY ???

How right he really was.

I believe Time really did call him; and Time Really did make him the person of the year!!!

The Irony:

person-of-year-2017-time-magazine-cover1.jpg

The Irony ! ! !

See you lakeside.

*two cents*