The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers (1960-Present)

Muhammad-Ali-ap_1468665c.jpg

Muhammad Ali (/ɑːˈliː/; born Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.; January 17, 1942) is an American former professional boxer, generally considered among the greatest heavyweights in the sport's history. Clay won six Kentucky Golden Gloves titles, two national Golden Gloves titles, an Amateur Athletic Union National Title, and the Light Heavyweight gold medal in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome. Ali remains the only three-time lineal World Heavyweight Champion; he won the title in 1964, 1974, and 1978. Between February 25, 1964 and September 19, 1964 Muhammad Ali reigned as the Undisputed Heavyweight Boxing Champion.Notable wins:Sonny Liston, George Foreman,Joe Frazier 2x.

young-Foreman.jpg

George Edward Foreman (born January 10, 1949) is a retired American professional boxer, two-time World Heavyweight Champion, Olympic gold medalist and entrepreneur. After a troubled childhood, Foreman took up boxing and was a gold medalist at the 1968 Olympics. In November 1994, at age 45, he regained the Heavyweight Championship by knocking out 27-year-old Michael Moorer. Foreman is the oldest Heavyweight Champion in history. He retired in 1997 at the age of 48, with a final record of 76–5, including 68 knockouts. Notable wins: Ken Norton,Ron Lyle,Joe Frazier 2x.

Joe-Frazier-in-1969-007.jpg

Joseph William "Joe" Frazier (January 12, 1944 – November 7, 2011), also known as Smokin' Joe, was an American professional boxer, Olympic gold medalist and Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion, whose professional career lasted from 1965 to 1976, with a one-fight comeback in 1981. Frazier's overall record was 32 wins, 4 losses and 1 draw, with 27 wins by knockout. He won 73 percent of his fights by knockout, compared to 60 percent for Ali and 84 percent for Foreman. He was a member of the International Boxing Hall Of Fame. Notable wins: Muhammad Ali,Jerry Quarry2x,Jimmy Ellis 2x.

300px-Larry_Holmes_6181067.jpg

Larry Holmes (born November 3, 1949) is a former professional boxer. He grew up in Easton, Pennsylvania, which gave birth to his boxing nickname, The Easton Assassin. Holmes, was the WBC Heavyweight Champion from 1978 to 1983, The Ring Heavyweight Champion from 1980 to 1985, and the IBF Heavyweight Champion from 1983 to 1985. He made 20 successful title defenses,placing him third all time, behind only Joe Louis' twenty-five and Wladimir Klitschko's twenty-two. He had his last fight in 2002 and ended with a career record of 69–6. Notable wins: Muhammad Ali,Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers 2x.

200px-Holyfieldwithbelts.jpg

Evander Holyfield (born October 19, 1962) is a retired American professional boxer. He is a former Undisputed World Champion in both the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions, earning him the nickname "The Real Deal." He is the only four-time World Heavyweight Champion, winning the WBA, WBC, and IBF titles in 1990, the WBA and IBF titles in 1993, and the WBA title in 1996 and 2000. After winning the bronze medal in the Light Heavyweight division at the 1984 Summer Olympics, Holyfield debuted as a professional at the age of 21. Holyfield moved to the cruiserweight division in 1985 and won his first title the following year, when he defeated Dwight Muhammad Qawi for the WBA Cruiserweight belt. He then went on to defeat Ricky Parkey and Carlos De Leon to win the Lineal, IBF and WBC titles, becoming the Undisputed Cruiserweight Champion. Holyfield retired in 2014 and has a professional record of 44 wins, 10 losses, 1 draw and 1 no contest. Notable wins: George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Riddick Bowe, Mike Tyson (x2).

Lennox%20Lewis.jpeg

Lennox Claudius Lewis, CM, CBE (born 2 September 1965) is a retired boxer and the most recent undisputed world heavyweight champion. As an amateur he won gold representing Canada at the 1988 Olympic Games after defeating future heavyweight champion Riddick Bowe in the final. At his retirement, Lewis's record was 41 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw, with 32 wins by knockout. Notable wins: Evander Holyfield,Mike Tyson,Vitali Klitschko.

300px-Bowe_69272e_lg.jpeg

Riddick Lamont Bowe (born August 10, 1967) is an American boxer. He is a former two-time world heavyweight champion, having first won the WBA, WBC and IBF titles in 1992, thus becoming undisputed heavyweight champion. Bowe's second reign as heavyweight champion was in 1995, when he won the WBO title. As an amateur, Bowe won the prestigious New York Golden Gloves Championship and other tournaments. In 1984, age 17, he knocked out opponent James Smith in just 4 seconds. In 1985, at the National Golden Gloves championships, he lost to Fort Worth Heavyweight Donald Stephens. Bowe won the silver medal in the 1988 Seoul Olympics, where he was stopped in two rounds by future world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis. Bowe's professional boxing record stands at 43–1 with one no-contest, and 33 stoppages. Notable wins: Evander Holyfield (x2).

18765_2241_513.jpg

Michael Gerard "Mike" Tyson (/ˈtaɪsən/; born June 30, 1966) is an American retired professional boxer. Tyson is a former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles at 20 years, 4 months, and 22 days old. He was the first heavyweight boxer to simultaneously hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles, and the only heavyweight to successively unify them. Tyson won gold medals at the 1981 and 1982 Junior Olympic Games, defeating Joe Cortez in 1981 and beating Kelton Brown in 1982. Brown's corner threw in the towel in the first round. He holds the Junior Olympic record for quickest knockout (8 seconds). He won every bout at the Junior Olympic Games by knockout. Notable wins: Larry Holmes, Michael Spinks, Trevor Berbick.

vitali-klitschko-203x300.jpg

Vitali Klitschko (born 19 July 1971, Belovodsk, Kyrgyzstan) is a former professional boxer. He is the former WBC, WBO and The Ring magazine heavyweight champion and has been conferred as Champion Emeritus by the WBC. With an 87.23% knockout percentage rate, he holds the second best knockout-to-fight ratio of any champion in heavyweight boxing history, after Rocky Marciano's 87.76% and is the 8th longest reigning heavyweight champion of all time. He has never been knocked down in any professional boxing bout. His two losses have come via a shoulder injury during a fight and a deep cut below his eye, which were recorded as RTD and TKO losses. Klitschko won the Super Heavyweight Championship at the first World Military Games in Italy in 1995. Vitali won the silver medal at the 1995 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Berlin, Germany, where he was defeated by Russia's Alexei Lezin in the final. Notable wins:Corrie Sanders, Shannon Briggs.

wladimir-klitschko.jpg

Wladimir Klitschko ( born 25 March 1976) is a Ukrainian professional boxer and the reigning Heavyweight World Champion, holding the WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO and The Ring heavyweight titles. Overall, he is the second longest reigning Heavyweight Champion of all time and has the second most successful title defenses total of any heavyweight boxer with 23 (including his "super" title recognition), behind just Joe Louis (25) and ahead of Larry Holmes (20) and Muhammad Ali (19). He currently has 18 consecutive title defenses, behind Joe Louis's 25 consecutive title defenses and Larry Holmes's 20 consecutive title defenses. Klitschko is tied on the all-time list for most heavyweight title fights with Joe Louis as they both have appeared in 27 heavyweight title fights. In 1993, he won the Junior European Championships as a heavyweight. In 1994, he received 2nd place at the Junior World Championships in Istanbul, Turkey. In 1995, he won the gold medal at the Military Championships in Ariccia, Italy, defeating Luan Krasniqi, who he had lost to in the third round of the World Championships in Berlin, Germany earlier that year. In 1996, he captured 2nd place as a Super Heavyweight at the European Championships in Vejle, Denmark. He had an amateur record of 134–36.Known as "Dr. Steelhammer", he first achieved world attention at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. He defeated Paea Wolfgramm to win the Super-Heavyweight gold medal. Notable wins: Ray Mercer,Hasim Rahman,Chris Byrd 2x.

The Top 10 Non-Heavyweight Boxers
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?p=15457512

Last edited:

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
Trying to think who I would put in instead of a Klitschko.

Sonny Liston,maybe....all in all,good list.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
12373365_566792793476857_5464750020340397761_n.jpg

Heavyweights: Mohammed Ali , Floyd Patterson, Jack Dempsey, Joe louis , Joe Frazier , and Jersey Joe Walcott! (L-R)

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Riddick Bowe is in the top ten? :roflmao2::roflmao3::giggle::roflmao::lol:

Who produced this crazy ass list? What a joke! How do you list the top 10 heavyweights and not list Joe Lewis? In fact I would stick Ken Norton in there before Riddick Bowe. FOH

I'm not sure Lennox Lewis belongs on this list. As soon as Wladimir Klitschko showed up his ass ran into retirement. Denying himself what possibly could've been a $100 million payday.

Last edited:

knavy

Star
Registered

Who produced this crazy ass list? What a joke! How do you list the top 10 heavyweights and not list Joe Lewis? If fact I would stick Ken Norton in there before Riddick Bowe. FOH

I'm not sure Lennox Lewis belongs on this list. As soon as Wladimir Klitschko showed up his ass ran into retirement. Denying himself what possibly could've been a $100 million payday.
right right right

kew

Good As Da Best, Bad As Da Worst
BGOL Investor
I was with this list until It got to the last 5...

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Top 10
Muhammad Ali
Joe Louis
Jack Johnson
George Foreman
Larry Holmes
Joe Frazier
Evander Holyfield
Rocky Marciano
Jack Dempsey
Lennox Lewis

11.Riddock Bowe
12.Mike Tyson
13.Sonny Liston
14.Ken Norton
15.Floyd Patterson

Yes I have Riddock Bowe ahead of Iron Mike.
Bowe record 43 wins 1 loss and 1 NC
He fought Holyfield 3 times and beat him twice,
something Iron Mike cant say.

And this is coming from a Mike Tyson fan.

Last edited:

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
:hmm: This is for everyone here. Just because a person lived, an event happened before you we're born doesn't dismiss them or it from history or existing. Now imagine a NBA Top 10 players list that's starts in 2000. Scratch Michael Jordan he won't make your NBA Top 10 Basketball list. Yet this is exactly what your doing with Joe Louis, Jack Johnson and others.

That IMO that "1960 on" makes this is bogus.

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Who produced this crazy ass list? What a joke! How do you list the top 10 heavyweights and not list Joe Lewis? If fact I would stick Ken Norton in there before Riddick Bowe. FOH

To Lennox's defense, he did beat Vitali Klitschko TKO. one of the best Heavyweight matches I've seen. But Lennox didn't want a rematch. They stopped it cuz of Vitali Klitschko's eye.

Despite what his face looks like. He was giving Lennox that work. Lennox is Lucky the ref/doctors stepped in. They told Lennox a rematch was his only fight. He bowed out gracefully lol.
vitali-eye-2.jpg

bloodyklit01.jpg

wladamir-klitschko-left-and-brother-vitali-klitschko-right-talk-after-picture-id98637422

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Riddick Bowe didn't fight anybody except Holyfield. Golota was beat the brakes off him in the first fight, the low blow saved him.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man I miss these days of heavyweight boxing.
I mean there are some decent good fighters now but
back in the 90s i.e. Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lennix, Moorer and
even Foreman fights
was good from a sports combat point of view.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yes I have Riddock Bowe ahead of Iron Mike.
Bowe record 43 wins 1 loss and 1 NC
He fought Holyfield 3 times and beat him twice,
something Iron Mike cant say.

And this is coming from a Mike Tyson fan.
I think Bowe at his best beats Tyson at his best but you can't put Bowe ahead of Tyson overall because Tyson had the better career.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Bowe at his best beats Tyson at his best but you can't put Bowe ahead of Tyson overall because Tyson had the better career.

I understand what you are saying, but Bowe had a better winning percentage than Tyson.
However, Tyson had a better percentage of KO-to-win ratio and he earned more than Bowe
with boxing purses.
riddick bowe boxing record 45 fights (43-wins 1-loss 33kos)
mike tyson boxing records 58 fights (50-wins 6-losses 44kos)

So record wise I would have Bowe ahead of Tyson in rankings.
Also another barometer between the two fighters is Evander Holyfield.
Bowe fought Holyfield 3 times and defeated him twice; whereas,
Tyson loss to Holyfield twice.

Of course, in straight devastating punching power; Tyson is one of the top 5 heavy punchers
in boxing history.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man! My uncles and grandfather lost their
mind when Foreman KOd Moorer

Its funny because one of my cousins
was talking mad shit that this is a new era
of boxing old fighters should just stay retired.
And I kid you not 30 seconds later..BOOOOM
:roflmao3: :roflmao3:
My cousin got ribbed on all night.