Slowly... they're moving the N.R.A. mountain......

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Enterprise, Alamo, National will no longer give NRA members discounts on car rentals

Three major car rental companies and a bank have ended discounts and deals for National Rifle Association members a week after the deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental, all under the parent company Enterprise Holdings, have ceased discounts for NRA members.

The brands replied to tweets Thursday stating that the discount would end effective March 26.

Nebraska-based First National Bank of Omaha, the nation's largest privately owned bank holding company, has also announced that it will stop producing credit cards for the NRA.

"Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA," the company tweeted. "As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa Card."

Some Twitter users who identified themselves as customers pledged to take their business elsewhere.

Spokesman Kevin Langin declined to say when the contract would expire and would not elaborate on what sort of feedback the company had received.

The announcement came after the progressive news website ThinkProgress listed the bank as a company that supports the NRA. ThinkProgress noted that First National Bank offered two NRA cards, each with a $40 bonus, and touted it as "enough to reimburse your one-year NRA membership!"

On Thursday, the bank webpage that advertised the NRA card had been disabled. A cached version of the site touted the card as "the official credit card of the NRA" and noted the benefits of membership.

The NRA has faced intense criticism following the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, Feb. 14 that left 17 people dead, the latest in a string of high-profile mass killings in the U.S.

An NRA spokeswoman referred questions Thursday to the group's licensing department. A phone message left with that office was not immediately returned.

A group that tracks the credit industry said the move could carry significant risks for First National Bank of Omaha.

"Many will applaud the move, but NRA members are famously loyal and the organization has shown itself as being very good at mobilizing its members," said Matt Schulz, a senior industry analyst at CreditCards.com. "However, banks are in the business of managing risks of all kinds, and First National clearly sees this as one they're willing to take."

First National Bank has banks in Nebraska, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas and South Dakota.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...longer-give-nra-members-discounts-car-rentals

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah he's solid.

Plus only Acur and Halo are on GameTheory's level.

Ol’ boy has been saying some funny stuff the past few days. I’m starting to get nervous he might be another GameTheory...

How da fuck are you going to say this when I was the one giving you advice about being black in the med field c mon now fam. Now I m starting to get nervous about you.

But the thread title...

You know what fuck it nevermind

Nah he's solid.

Plus only Acur and Halo are on GameTheory's level.

To all yall....I am a 2nd amendment pure advocate......for these corporations to start going rogue about folks who support it....they can kick rocks....and I will never be a NRA member cause they support the repugs and their racist roots ...

But muthafuck any corporation on some antigun shit...cause these corporations would like nothing more than the general public disarmed (food for thought)........no apologies

Last edited:

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Slowly is right.

The NRA's pockets are too deep and the people are too dumb for any meaningful change.

Unfortunately its going to take these massacres continuing to happen for years before real change will occur:smh:

I'm not going to say the NRA's pockets are too deep. They are a corporation with goals, projections probably even a CEO. But they can be hurt, I'm not saying you can bring down the NRA but today image means a lot. You hurt them by attacking their associates, in particular those in congress. Those car rental companies have the right idea.

Just like Trump wants to link Obama to everything he's incapable of handling, Tie these NRA supporters to these mass murderers. Trump has proven there need not be any truth to it. Its a republican ploy that works because the public is gullible. Attack their credibility make them use their resources to prove their innocence. You have to figure that Manafort can't be the only one in with illegal underhanded activities.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Problem is not the guns. Problem is the idiots they're sold to. Start doing better checks and paying better attention to people. 90% of these murderers showed "symptoms" before they actually carried through with it. It wasn't just a random thing.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How da fuck are you going to say this when I was the one giving you advice about being black in the med field c mon now fam. Now I m starting to get nervous about you.

To all yall....I am a 2nd amendment pure advocate......for these corporations to start going rogue about folks who support it....they can kick rocks....and I will never be a NRA member cause they support the repugs and their racist roots ...

But muthafuck any corporation on some antigun shit...cause these corporations would like nothing more than the general public disarmed (food for thought)........no apologies

Right on!!! Im also about the 2nd amendment!! Yall gotta stop letting these talking heads fuck with your emotions!! You think this shit is fucked up with arms, imagine what would happen if they were no arms?? This colony is not looking out for the best interest of the people, it never has and never will!!

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Problem is not the guns. Problem is the idiots they're sold to. Start doing better checks and paying better attention to people. 90% of these murderers showed "symptoms" before they actually carried through with it. It wasn't just a random thing.

Better background checks??? How better can it get!! They go thru the city, state and federal now!!

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Come on yall, we gotta read these laws this colony is passing!!
Read the following law..

Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Better background checks??? How better can it get!! They go thru the city, state and federal now!!

Start including social media checks like some employers do. Collecting EVERY possible reported infraction against gun owners and use it against them i.e speeding tickets (a stretch but something to explore), parking tickets (again, a stretch), DUIs, DWIs, SCHOOL VIOLATIONS etc. Use all this information to build a moral picture of the person. Make it so, you somewhat waive your rights to privacy by owning a gun. Collect monthly reports on EVERYONE with guns. You can't tell me that someone can't build a software that will spot these infractions and bring it to a human being's attention. Sort of how credit card companies do it. It's simple analytics.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Start including social media checks like some employers do. Collecting EVERY possible reported infraction against gun owners and use it against them i.e speeding tickets (a stretch but something to explore), parking tickets (again, a stretch), DUIs, DWIs, SCHOOL VIOLATIONS etc. Use all this information to build a moral picture of the person. Make it so, you somewhat waive your rights to privacy by owning a gun. Collect monthly reports on EVERYONE with guns. You can't tell me that someone can't build a software that will spot these infractions and bring it to a human being's attention. Sort of how credit card companies do it. It's simple analytics.

I hear ya!! The background check is run by the fbi!! Anyway, you really dont want your government gathering that much information on anyone!! Now, were entering a layer we really dont wanna fuck with!!

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No way in hell do you waive any rights to the government

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hear ya!! The background check is run by the fbi!! Anyway, you really dont want your government gathering that much information on anyone!! Now, were entering a layer we really dont wanna fuck with!!

Yeah, its shameful that background checks are run by the FBI and they still don't catch these things. And bruv, im sure you're aware that the government already collects information on us. "Tin foil" people forget that any activities that requires "registration" can be tracked, so they unplug their computers before the go to sleep and when they're not using it.
All they (government) has to do is channel some of those NSA resources towards registered gun owners, surveillance wont hurt. Have a group dedicated to monitoring gun owners and simply revoke their right to bear arms after the exceed a set criteria of infractions.
For example, if such practice existed, they would have been able to prevent the shooting at the Florida high school and the shooting at the FLORIDA night club.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No way in hell do you waive any rights to the government

Brother, you've already waived your rights, what difference does it make. We have to protect these kids bruv. It really hit home for me when something this dreadful happened to kids that were just sitting in their classrooms, trying to learn. I feel as if, we all failed those kids. The fact that we still haven't been able to come up with a solution after PRIOR occurences is completely pitiful and a disgrace to this country.
Children learning in school shouldn't have to be looking over their shoulders like i do when im in the airport, movie theater, restaurant, hell, damn near everywhere!
Legal guns are committing atrocities, so there needs to be stricter regulations against them. If that means you as a gun owner losing some freedom and/or privacy, then im all for it.
This is basically white terrorism. We all know what would happen if a high school shooter ever happens to be a minority.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Slowly is right.

The NRA's pockets are too deep and the people are too dumb for any meaningful change.

Unfortunately its going to take these massacres continuing to happen for years before real change will occur:smh:
Their pockets aren’t deep. One of those gun manufacturers just filed for bankruptcy last week. I think they were taken for only $800 million.

Those guys are good during the obama years. It’s going to be a lean business for the next few years.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brother, you've already waived your rights, what difference does it make. We have to protect these kids bruv. It really hit home for me when something this dreadful happened to kids that were just sitting in their classrooms, trying to learn. I feel as if, we all failed those kids. The fact that we still haven't been able to come up with a solution after PRIOR occurences is completely pitiful and a disgrace to this country.
Children learning in school shouldn't have to be looking over their shoulders like i do when im in the airport, movie theater, restaurant, hell, damn near everywhere!
Legal guns are committing atrocities, so there needs to be stricter regulations against them. If that means you as a gun owner losing some freedom and/or privacy, then im all for it.
This is basically white terrorism. We all know what would happen if a high school shooter ever happens to be a minority.

Bruh....the government's track record is too corrupt especially against us to give up ANY rights......

The truth is unless you get rid of ALL GUNS IN THE PLANET (fantasyland) you cannot prevent this from happening.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Cp,

Look fam i was out of pocket with the comment. Specifically, suggesting you and Game theory could be one and the same on these topics.

You have thoughts on the gun issue just like the rest of us. I'm clearly not a fan and think overall their far more liable to inflict personal harm than protect you and yours from the big bad government when they kick in your front door.

Anyway that's that! Onwards, forward!

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cp,

Look fam i was out of pocket with the comment. Specifically, suggesting you and Game theory could be one and the same on these topics.

You have thoughts on the gun issue just like the rest of us. I'm clearly not a fan and think overall their far more liable to inflict personal harm than protect you and yours from the big bad government when they kick in your front door.

I think of the gun issue as an immigrant and a black American. As an immigrant I find the perverse reliance on guns in this country amusing. And As a black American with a couple guns in my home and a semblance of the history people like me have faced because they were unarmed.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think of the gun issue as an immigrant and a black American. As an immigrant I find the perverse reliance on guns in this country amusing. And As a black American with a couple guns in my home and a semblance of the history people like me have faced because they were unarmed.

Oh i absolutely get the desire and need to want to protect you and yours and certainly understand gun ownership towards that end. However, statistically, just from my own observation and it wouldn't surprise me if the data backs it up. Most people are more liable to fuck themselves up (personally, family etc) than protect themselves from "evil-doers."

I've seen it and heard anecdotes regarding it. Self-inflicted wounds, accidental shootings, domestics etc. I don't know what the percentage is in the "I'm lucky i had a weapon to shoot the bad guy" category but i'm certain it's small compared to " I fucked up."

Absolutely, in my mind at least, gun ownership creates a false sense of "security" not to mention(once more from my observation) a heightened sense of "stupid" bravado . Moreover, what i really find hilarious, especially amongst my fellow blacks, is gun ownership somehow protects them against "the government." What? Someone honestly has to explain that to me.

I'm not sure what your "arsenal" is going to do against the resources of the government if they want to come get you and yours.

Last edited:

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
maan in like 55-65 more white shootings the NRA gonna change some shit. lol

If you really want the NRA to change some shit tomorrow, real talk... Militarize black people, show black activists with a bunch of scary yet legal guns.. Put some hashtage behind those photos like

#NewBlacksPantherArmed
#DefendOurselvesFromThem

U know something provacative
Niggaaaaaaaaa, you'll never see the rules change so fast in YO motherfucking LIFE boooy!!

0b6ec5cd66bf1c0debee13bc2f74a532_zpsotyevg38.jpg

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bruh....the government's track record is too corrupt especially against us to give up ANY rights......

The truth is unless you get rid of ALL GUNS IN THE PLANET (fantasyland) you cannot prevent this from happening.

Yeah, the government is corrupt. They tell you they're not tracking you, but they are. The idea that you cant prevent it without taking away all the guns on the planet is somewhat you. What i'm talking about is trying to reduce the frequency of these things. Bruv, there's a new shooting damn near every week. Someones got do something to reduce this white terrorism.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

Real talk!! If they did the fucking checks like they did here in illinois then it would proly b a lil better... they check for ur mental health n every thing!! I know a guy i wrk with was on antidepressants and they would not give hime none at all.. hehad a certain time period and then once he cleared some more time had passed and then and only then after a clean bill of health wasnhe able to get one...

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cp,

Its all good bro....hows the medical thing going anyway?