RIP to Keith Wilder, co founder of Heatwave.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn!!! RIP

If you were lucky to come of age in the mid 70's, we were blessed with some of the best music known to man!! And it was on all genres of music!!! Anyway, LET THE MUSIC PLAY!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...der-seventies-funk-band-Heatwave-dies-65.html

45E34A3100000578-5037313-image-a-22_1509491894317.jpg
45E3366000000578-5037313-image-m-21_1509491470954.jpg

45E3361600000578-5037313-image-a-19_1509491403945.jpg
45E3361B00000578-0-image-a-11_1509490754385.jpg

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

Another reason why that Luther ‘Songs’ album was so brutal. He damn near ruined this song. The vocal inflections towards the end are what made it unique, plus its a song that you sing to your woman not your hair stylist.

TrippCiti

Rising Star
Registered
Wow...R.I.P. ... Heatwave hold a special place in the hearts of true R&B lovers...So many classic cuts...But I didn't know about the Lord Woodbine connection...Amazing!

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I remember one show, the crowd was into it, but not going crazy. Then dude hits the high notes in "Always and Forever", and broads lost their FUCKING minds! After the song, Keith says, "Hol' up. Y'all been quiet the whole night, and then this nigga hit some notes, and now y'all wanna yell like the building's on fire!" He was joking, of course, but it was funny. During "Groove Line", this old fool did a back flip, which made the crowd go nuts, but made his wife go :eek2:, and after the show, his wife cursed him out in this thick English accent using American and English curse words. Shit was hilarious. . :lol:

MistaFlynt

Greetings, Earthling.
Registered
I just got off the phone with the family. Keith passed away this morning. Not only was he a great friend, but I was fortunate enough to play bass for this man. Heatwave gave us a GREAT music, and he will be missed. I can still hear him telling me, "Wood, you sound just like the record!" I'm glad I always told him and his family that I loved them. This shit hurts.

I went on a few dates with his daughter, Lisa (actually just got off the phone with her to express my condolences.)

Never got to meet him, but from day one let her know how dope her Pops was and how I grew up on his music. RIP.

*Sidenote* (since this IS BGOL and I know someone will ask) :lol:...She's naturally GORGEOUS...Redbone with freckles and a DEEP English accent...and intelligent as hell. :pain: Stays here in the A.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I went on a few dates with his daughter, Lisa (actually just got off the phone with her to express my condolences.)

Never got to meet him, but from day one let her know how dope her Pops was and how I grew up on his music. RIP.

*Sidenote* (since this IS BGOL and I know someone will ask) :lol:...She's naturally GORGEOUS...Redbone with freckles and a DEEP English accent...and intelligent as hell. :pain: Stays here in the A.
Lisa is fucking GORGEOUS! And yes, those freckles are the TRUTH!!! This dude is not lying. I just got off the phone with her too. We were talking about the Sunday wake. Lisa is my baby. Tami, her sister, is cute too.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Woodchuck if you don't mind please post the obituary when possible or at your earliest convenience.

HUNTSVEGAZ

Hip-Hop father
BGOL Investor
I just got off the phone with the family. Keith passed away this morning. Not only was he a great friend, but I was fortunate enough to play bass for this man. Heatwave gave us a GREAT music, and he will be missed. I can still hear him telling me, "Wood, you sound just like the record!" I'm glad I always told him and his family that I loved them. This shit hurts.

Hey bro? Do you know his nephew Al Holbrook from Dayton? He's here in Sweden now.

And condolences..

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
RIP
Always and Forever is one of my all time favorite songs.