RIP Phife Dawg from Tribe Called Quest

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2016/03...elease-a-statement-on-the-loss-of-phife-dawg/

As published by Rolling Stone, A Tribe Called Quest released the following statement in memory of its late co-founding MC:

Our hearts are heavy. We are devastated. This is something we weren’t prepared for although we all know that life is fleeting. It was no secret about his health and his fight. But the fight for his joy and happiness gave him everything he needed. The fight to keep his family happy, his soul happy and those around him happy, gave him complete and unadulterated joy…until he heeded his father’s call.

We love his family, his mother, his son, his wife, his nieces, his family here in New York, Atlanta, California and Trinidad. Thank you for the outpouring of prayers and support from the fans, fellow artists, music outlets, blogs, radio stations, DJs, social media and the media community at large. This too is part of his joy and means a lot to him.

His family is overwhelmed by the support, well wishes and are thankful. His music and what he’s contributed is seismic and hard to measure. He’s affected us as much as he’s affected all of you. We’re inspired by his daily joy and courage. He wasn’t in pain. He was happy. We take comfort in knowing he will be beside his grandmother.

A Tribe Called Quest, which had estranged status for much of the 2000s, has not released material in 18 years. In 2015, the group performed and appeared as a quartet upon the 25th anniversary of its Jive Records debut, Peoples Instinctive Travels and the Paths Of Rhythm. Previously, the group toured extensively, despite not recording.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BDTlrjmgrai.jpg
[/url]this HTML class. Value is http://
BDTlrjmgrai.jpg
[/IMG]
It's always cool when the Apollo honors you.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I had to spend the last 2 days going thru a lot of honest thoughts and emotions b 4 I spoke because this one hurts soooo fucking much. I can't begin to explain what@iamthephifer and @qtiptheabstract and@jarobiwhite and @alishaheed means to me and how much they have done for my life. These guys are my big brothers, my friends, and the dudes that always protected me frm the bullshit that came with life both personally and professionally in a way that only big brothers can do it. If u look at this picture closely, on the night of one of my my most magical moments in my 25 year journey in music DEC.5th 2015, I was able to have a dream come true in a way that it never had and that was to perform What's the scenario (original and the rmx) for the 1st time ever back to back with all of the original members of Leaders of the New School and A Tribe Called Quest since we recorded these songs in 1991 & 1992. That night was so magical with all of the love that was under one roof that it's too much to get into the details of but again please take another look at this picture, if u notice@iamthephifer had his hand on my back consoling me as I kneeled down to give thanks crying tears of joy because of how proud of a moment that was for me being able to end a 4 hour set with brothers who put me in a position where I was able to tell my mother she will not have to work for anyone over 20 yrs ago. The belief that they had in me puttin' me and Leaders on that record, putting me last on the record because back then being last on the record meant EVERYTHING, I had no idea at that time what they were setting me up in life to be but thru out the years it was so consistent their love and concern for my well being that it was no way I couldn't see it. Ever since that concert I have had the opportunity to spend time with Phife way more than I have been able to in over 10yrs. I've known this man for over 28yrs and I think I've seen him in the last 4 months the happiest that I've seen him in a very long time. It was apparent that every wish that he had was coming true and I can honestly say that I was witnessing the anointing frm a bird's eye view 1st hand. Until we meet again King, RIP

AGYMAH

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:crymeariver: One of my favorite groups will never be the same. If only they could have made more albums.

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

Strength, love, guidiance & blessings to his family & loved ones.
SinnLove hold ya head.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
On right now
8-11 sun

The Progressive Underground w/ Chris Campbell onWDET 101.9FM and wdet.org, host Chris Campbell honors the legacy of the late Malik Phife Dawg Taylor by delving into his solo and A Tribe Called Questmusic catalog along with moderating an all star panel of industry artists and taste makers dissecting Phife's impact on the musical landscape. The panel includes international recording artist/producer Brandon Williams, author/recording artist/advocate/historian and Black Bottom Collectivefrontman Khary Kimani Turner, recording artist/author/poet and host of the iconic Cafe Mahogany series Joel Fluent Greene, dj/journalist/tastemaker and RENSOUL founder Kelly Frazier (aka K-Fresh) and noted rapper/wordsmith and sports writer Leaf Erikson

http://player.nprstations.org/index.php?station=wdet#stream/wdet

http://wdet.org/