R.I.P. to BGOL Member Brother Blues

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
It is with great sadness that I am reporting BGOL member @Brother Blues has passed.
Brother Blues, real name Herman B. Donaldson died November 4, 2015. Cause of death unknown.
Brother Blues was an active member till the very end. His last day on the board was November 3, 2015

http://www.ccgfuneralhome.com/obit/herman-b.-donaldson
102654640.jpgx

A lot of you have already made comments in the smoove1 R.I.P. thread, but we felt Brother Blues deserved his own thread.

Rest in Peace to a long time member and a person that I didn't really know, but he always seemed like an old friend.

HNIC :sad:

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
This is fucked up. It's seems people don't live into their 90s anymore. They go much earlier. He lived in my state. He worked for the Boston Fire Dept. I use to think people on this board were in their 20s and 30s but they're older than that. People don't die of natural death anymore. He was more of a cool member to me.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
HNIC, can we please have a "gone but not forgotten" section of the board.
Too many of us are passing and I want their legacies to have a special section on this board. There are too many memories and posts that should be eternally archived.

Please do this. I will happily pay you for this service.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Too many of us are passing and I want their legacies to have a special section on this board. There are too many memories and posts that should be eternally archived.

I'm sure we can do something like this soon, hell I'll be in that section one day my damn self.

HNIC

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Hold up man. Hold da fuck up. No. No fuckin way. Nah. Not the dude who was a Patriots fan? Nah. No way. No fuckin way man. Dude was cool as a muthafucka and even spoke out about the bullshit of punk pussy Beeiii. Dude was always in the Steelers thread talking about good info about my Black and Gold. I can't believe I'm reading this. Seriously this got me fucked up. :crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver:

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
How many members have passed away to knowledge of BGOL? This board been here since 1996. I been a lurker and found the board in 2001 but became a member in 2007. There were like five to my knowledge.

He lived in my Boston hood. Brother was a fellow Boston resident. I hope he's in a better place now.

But it's fucked up it got Brother Blues. Dude was cooler than most. I thought he was like 49 Years old. Why couldn't death come after the scum of BGOL? I only wish death on dirt bags.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is a very difficult week for the bgol alumni
salute to all my bgol brothers and sisters who are still here and those who have passed on

We appreciate you...

Rest in Peace Brother Blues

sidebar: Let's all try to show some love and respect to those that are still here on the board especially those that have made it what it is today. Nothing big or serious just a show of appreciation for their contributions. I don't feel comfortable naming too many here and derailing this dedication to our fallen brother...

but salute to HNIC, TEN, Lexx, H-funk, slam, beatdown, miss mighty, cocobeauty, largebills, WTGGT, jackwalsh, dark19, finger, dray, Jay Dade, clitional, vicious, shaddy, uncle chuck, easyb, gdatruth, mask, hog, monkeybizness, rivercity, durham, marcvoi, wise, vaiz, durham, gdfolks, cash, dtown, alex, ansatsusha_gouki, shorty and MANY MANY MANY MANY more.

we got love and appreciate all your contributions.

Last edited:

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I too would pay.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I remember Brother Blues for a lot of the reasons others mentioned. But I also remember that he loved the blues and old school R&B music. I remember being surprised a few years ago to find that him and a few others were in their 60s and beyond. A community is not truly a community without elders. They provide not only wisdom but also a balance that can go unnoticed. The importance of an elder to a community is felt most in their absence...

Offline, from time to time we check on elders. Make sure they're ok - especially if they live alone. Yesterday, it occurred to me that I hadn't seen Bro. Blues around. Then I saw it had been 5 months since he last posted. Someone we'd see everyday - old school player vibe, mashing it up with us, debating sports, checking out the young tender female flesh... :lol:

Salute to you, Mr. Herman Donaldson aka Brother Blues. You were one of a kind and a valuable asset to our online community. You will be missed, family.