Las Vegas

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
My Vegas experience is largely as a local, so I'm not a great source for tourist recommendations. You've probably spent as much time on the strip as I have. I just know that one of the few positives about that city is that it's incredibly cheap compared to other major American cities. I actually just spoke to someone from San Francisco who was marvelling at how cheap the food is. But that person is an older person with lifelong friends there, not someone trying to party and such. The best advice I can give is don't grab your food from gas stations, tourist destinations and such-- I went to the ATM at a 7-11 near UNLV and the fee was around $2 as I'm used to; if you went to the Vons in that area, you could have gotten some cheap food. (The Smart & Final near UNLV may be your best bet. Of course, there are always places like Wal-Mart and more local/regional options like Sprouts.) I can't speak as to why a group like Boyz II Men is performing for free anywhere-- That's definitely not happening with major acts in Vegas. Entertainment may cost more than other places but the basics are really cheap.

That makes sense. A Lyft driver did tell me that staying in downtown Las Vegas is a very different, and much superior experience than staying on the strip.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Heading to Vegas with the wife in December for a weekend.
1st time ever visiting Vegas for either of us.
Staying at the MGM on the Strip.
Looking for some dance clubs to head to, specifically ones that play hip-hop, top 40, r&b.
Any other spots and tips would be appreciated.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looking for some dance clubs to head to, specifically ones that play hip-hop, top 40, r&b.
Hit draiis

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
bring a jacket.. btw December will be dead....

RoomService

BGOL Investor
I figured it would be slow around that time. Hence, why the hotel prices were so low. Not looking for too much craziness anyway.
Remember you have to pay a $25 a day resort fee on top of whatever your room rate is + you have to pay to Park your car unless you fly

RoomService

BGOL Investor
Yeah, I already know about the resort fee and we're flying.

Any spots you can recommend?
XS night club @ encore Maybe a night flight over the strip and the Grand Canyon.. also if you're into shows I would definitely recommend Le reve

Tell you what go to www.vegas.com to find deals and things to do... I would definitely tell you to rent one of the exotic cars for a few hours or you can go to the motor speedway and do a few laps

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Need an 2017 update. Going with the Mrs in a couple of weeks
If u are not renting a car try stay on the middle of strip. Even though a rental allows you more flexibility. There are alot of nice places to eat on and off the strip. Bellagio has one of the best buffets on the strip,truly excellent.Crab Corner is off the strip and have excellent food and very reasonable prices

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If u are not renting a car try stay on the middle of strip. Even though a rental allows you more flexibility. There are alot of nice places to eat on and off the strip. Bellagio has one of the best buffets on the strip,truly excellent.Crab Corner is off the strip and have excellent food and very reasonable prices

We are definitely renting a car

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We are definitely renting a car
Check out Claims Jumper (Restaurant) http://www.claimjumper.com/ When you are off the strip .Definitely Crab Corner http://www.crabcornerlv.com/ Wifey and I check out Eddie Griffin Live Experience. https://www.caesars.com/rio-las-vegas/shows/eddie-griffin#.WN8aIHTD_Qw. He was Hilarious and so was his opening acts. The room was intimate so you get a close up of the comedians.Michael Jackson was really good www.cirquedusoleil.com/usa/las-vegas/michael-jackson-one/buy-tickets.

If you or wifey like shopping hit the North premium shopping outlet.They have pretty good deals.I packed my luggage lightly in order to fit new clothes . Hit the Timberland Outlet twice.Macy's Women Department store is huge ....HUGE so was the Men's. Check out Las Vegas 's Grand Canyon Skywalk tour. http://m.viator.com/attraction/las-vegas/grand-canyon-skywalk/0-10/info.htm.All I can say is its Breath taking...plenty of photo opportunities .You can literally sit over the edge of thw Canyon...not for the weak hearted but amoment of a lifetime.(Wifey had the selfie.She wasnt going nowhere near the edge). You can look up Helicopter rides over the Canyon.They have some that lands in the Canyon where you can hit and drink wine (Champagne) on picnic benches. Stay away from the people on the strip always trying to sell you B rated shows .Every Hotel staff offers you discounts on shows ..some try to sell you timeshares. oh ..check out

Instagram is a good way to check out things to do

m.viator.com/things-to-do/las-vegas/684-0-0-1-0/all-tours.htm?pref=02&aid=gm7068&mcid=40810&tsem=true&supci=-2088147849&supsc=s&supai=170125595933&supap=1t1&supdv=m&supnt=g&supti=aud-202262943851:kwd-50674625042&suplp=9004173&supli=

Last edited:

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Check out Claims Jumper (Restaurant) http://www.claimjumper.com/ When you are off the strip .Definitely Crab Corner http://www.crabcornerlv.com/ Wifey and I check out Eddie Griffin Live Experience. https://www.caesars.com/rio-las-vegas/shows/eddie-griffin#.WN8aIHTD_Qw. He was Hilarious and so was his opening acts. The room was intimate so you get a close up of the comedians.Michael Jackson was really good www.cirquedusoleil.com/usa/las-vegas/michael-jackson-one/buy-tickets.

If you or wifey like shopping hit the North premium shopping outlet.They have pretty good deals.I packed my luggage lightly in order to fit new clothes . Hit the Timberland Outlet twice.Macy's Women Department store is huge ....HUGE so was the Men's. Check out Las Vegas 's Grand Canyon Skywalk tour. http://m.viator.com/attraction/las-vegas/grand-canyon-skywalk/0-10/info.htm.All I can say is its Breath taking...plenty of photo opportunities .You can literally sit over the edge of thw Canyon...not for the weak hearted but amoment of a lifetime.(Wifey had the selfie.She wasnt going nowhere near the edge). You can look up Helicopter rides over the Canyon.They have some that lands in the Canyon where you can hit and drink wine (Champagne) on picnic benches. Stay away from the people on the strip always trying to sell you B rated shows .Every Hotel staff offers you discounts on shows ..some try to sell you timeshares. oh ..check out

Instagram is a good way to check out things to do

m.viator.com/things-to-do/las-vegas/684-0-0-1-0/all-tours.htm?pref=02&aid=gm7068&mcid=40810&tsem=true&supci=-2088147849&supsc=s&supai=170125595933&supap=1t1&supdv=m&supnt=g&supti=aud-202262943851:kwd-50674625042&suplp=9004173&supli=

Thanks! I bought the tickets to the Mj show.
About to do the same for the gun range and Grand Canyon tour

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks @CORNBREAD for the input. We had a suite at the Venetian. First day there we went to Dupar. Breakfast was excellent. Pancakes the size of plates:eek2:. Went to sunbuggy.com and did the hour long Baja mini chase. The terrain was tough as hell but we had fun. Went to the Michael Jackson show at the stratosphere. That was excellent. Right after that went for the helicopter ride on the strip. The wife and I loved it. Went to Del Taco after which was on the way to the copter. Also went to Claim Jumper in the Golden Nugget. Went there for breakfast so we didn't get to see Freedmont at night. That place reminded me of Coney Island in the 80's lol. Also went to the Crab Corner and got the King Crab legs and a 1/2 pound of steamed shrimp. I immediately sat in the hammocks after the food for a hour:lol:
We also did the Maddam Tussue and the Gondolo package which was fun. Also went to Battlefied Vegas and shot guns for the first time. Realized I'm good at getting head shots with a 9mm. (Bring on the zombie apocalypse lol).

Overall this was probably the best anniversary/vacations I've had

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
oh and did I mention Bellagio's Buffet .Its one of the best

I went to Bellagios but when we got there the line was outta control. Then we tried in & out but that line was long too, so we wound up going to Virgils which I've been to several times in New York

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
I will be in Vegas next week for a conference by myself (and 37,000 other attendees, mostly white). Where's the best place to see gorgeous black women? Topless or nude?

daman200

Rising Star
Registered
I'll be in town that weekend. Going to the Big 3 championship game. Gonna be a crazy atmosphere that whole weekend.

Yoooooo about to be Vegas tomorrow it gonna be LIT!! ill be at the BIG3 game too. As well as other events this weekend. might put some money on connor to win it

Last edited: