Janelle Monae showing that ass in new video: Make Me Feel

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Janelle Monae is a lil SEXY mf... Her body is just right.

Last edited:

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lol yeah I find it funny after her taking the charge at awards shows and shit, her first song is her saying

"I don't wanna have to spell it out for ya"

oh really? Well you're gonna have to bitch. Cuz now I'm not gonna play any of these subtle games wit ya.

LOL...Those are the kind of women all men should run from. She wants you to "take charge" but doesn't want to "spell it out for you". No, actually i do. Its 2018. Im no longer playing the guessing game with women lol.

hog fat

Rising Star
Platinum Member
tumblr_p4kcz2qoaP1rbb9x4o3_540.gif

tumblr_p4kcz2qoaP1rbb9x4o1_540.gif

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
My opinion: The vid is nice, but at the 1:44 mark, it took off to a higher level. Nicely

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
LOL...Those are the kind of women all men should run from. She wants you to "take charge" but doesn't want to "spell it out for you". No, actually i do. Its 2018. Im no longer playing the guessing game with women lol.

Even Taylor Swift heading in that direction :rolleyes: :lol:

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
Prince wrote this song, and probably wrote half other new album before he passed. She was at PPARK many times. There are some distinct Prince "patches - sounds, lyrics" in this song.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Prince wrote this song, and probably wrote half other new album before he passed. She was at PPARK many times. There are some distinct Prince "patches - sounds, lyrics" in this song.
Nah. People been copying Princes old style for years. Meanwhile he wasn't.

She copies peoples style for everything she does. Don't blame this bullshit on him.

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
Nah. People been copying Princes old style for years. Meanwhile he wasn't.

She copies peoples style for everything she does. Don't blame this bullshit on him.

Prince wrote some elements of that song, and other elements on her new album. Some parts in that track are 2/3 years old. I have heard elements of this song 2/3 years ago. The execution was all up to her.
It's not groundbreaking, it's a pretty standard Prince track shaped around Kiss.
I also have his recorded guitar track from given em what they love song somewhere on my computer.
They worked on and off on her new album for about 2/3 years.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Prince wrote some elements of that song, and other elements on her new album. Some parts in that track are 2/3 years old. I have heard elements of this song 2/3 years ago. The execution was all up to her.
It's not groundbreaking, it's a pretty standard Prince track shaped around Kiss.
I also have his recorded guitar track from given em what they love song somewhere on my computer.
They worked on and off on her new album for about 2/3 years.
Are you saying that because you know this or are you saying this simply because it sounds like a Prince song?

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
cool. I'll take your word for it then. What a waste of a Prince feature, but then again his work wasn't great for years, aside from the epic light shows

I dunno, can't call it because it has seemed to earn many favorable reviews, because even Prince by the numbers sounds >>> any current contemporary artist. I would say it's just a cool little track nothing less nothing more, sounds about in the realms of an artist like Monae.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I dunno, can't call it because it has seemed to earn many favorable reviews, because even Prince by the numbers sounds >>> any current contemporary artist. I would say it's just a cool little track nothing less nothing more, sounds about in the realms of an artist like Monae.
People like Janelle so every time she comes out with something, the die hards pretend to like it and of course the comments are nothing but her fans so the comments "appear" to be favorable but the songs usually sink really fast. And Prince is definitely the greatest on stage and for his earlier records, but no one was checking for his later shit for at least the last 20 years. Just being real. He's still my favorite in terms of overall.

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
People like Janelle so every time she comes out with something, the die hards pretend to like it and of course the comments are nothing but her fans so the comments "appear" to be favorable but the songs usually sink really fast. And Prince is definitely the greatest on stage and for his earlier records, but no one was checking for his later shit for at least the last 20 years. Just being real. He's still my favorite in terms of overall.

Actually people did check for Prince the last 20 years. What doesn't sink fast these days if it isn't mumble raps, payola, etc. Most listeners have been dumbed down. I would also like to hear the track in context with the album. The critical reviews that I read and always read have given the track a favorable review. It's not a groundbreaking track, nor is it awful. We have plenty of awful on the airwaves, and this track by far is far from that. She as an artist is right where she should be, no one thought she could exists in this medium, and she has. Sinking fast to me is D'angelo's career. Prince by the numbers >>>> 90 percent of what you hear today. This track was pretty obvious where some of the "sounds" came from to me, and will be validated by Monae if she chooses to. There are certain sounds "patches" "production techniques Prince always had no matter what era he made his albums. The problem with Monae and most black contemporary artist is they lack mastership of their instrument be it vocal or whatever to fully capture the IMAGE they want to create of themselves. From Lenny Kravitz to D'angelo to Monae they all wanted that produced, arranged and composed by their names. Prince was never going to be the type of artist to keep a consistent fanbase. 39 albums. D'angelo can't think of enough material for two albums, Monae basically went to PPARK and was like help me with my new album, Just my thoughts, no snark.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Actually people did check for Prince the last 20 years. What doesn't sink fast these days if it isn't mumble raps, payola, etc. Most listeners have been dumbed down. I would also like to hear the track in context with the album. The critical reviews that I read and always read have given the track a favorable review. It's not a groundbreaking track, nor is it awful. We have plenty of awful on the airwaves, and this track by far is far from that. She as an artist is right where she should be, no one thought she could exists in this medium, and she has. Sinking fast to me is D'angelo's career. Prince by the numbers >>>> 90 percent of what you hear today. This track was pretty obvious where some of the "sounds" came from to me, and will be validated by Monae if she chooses to. There are certain sounds "patches" "production techniques Prince always had no matter what era he made his albums. The problem with Monae and most black contemporary artist is they lack mastership of their instrument be it vocal or whatever to fully capture the IMAGE they want to create of themselves. From Lenny Kravitz to D'angelo to Monae they all wanted that produced, arranged and composed by their names. Prince was never going to be the type of artist to keep a consistent fanbase. 39 albums. D'angelo can't think of enough material for two albums, Monae basically went to PPARK and was like help me with my new album, Just my thoughts, no snark.
Dude. I'm.not gonna get into all this.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I am interested in seeing how this plays out for Tessa Thompson's career. An out female musician is not a big thing and Janelle does movies but small supporting roles, Tessa wants to be an above the line player but her being gay - and then playing the love interest is tough. History has shown that the audience doesn't see gay actors or actresses as love interests. It's a disconnect that makes it hard to see this person as a lover. On the other hand, we are in a new world and with an audience that is more gay friendly. We shall see.