Harlem Nights Actor Ji-tu Cumbuka has passed

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn. RIP. I remember this brotha from a lot of stuff. I enjoyed his work. My sincere condolences bruh

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...m-Nights-star-Ji-Tu-Cumbuka-dies-aged-77.html

422E841500000578-4680424-image-m-7_1499643819976.jpg

422E840F00000578-4680424-image-a-13_1499644236208.jpg

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Never got to see the movie Mandingo as a child. By the time I was grown, I thought it too juvenile to waste time on watching. But thanks to Youtube got to see this brotha's powerful scene. After seeing it, copped the movie just off that scene
I remember him playing in Richard Pryor's comedy MOVING. While he usually had to play shady characters this brotha ALWAYS represented himself as a strong black man. Nothing but respect for him. Condolences to his family and friends

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Never got to see the movie Mandingo as a child. By the time I was grown, I thought it too juvenile to waste time on watching. But thanks to Youtube got to see this brotha's powerful scene. After seeing it, copped the movie just off that scene
I remember him playing in Richard Pryor's comedy MOVING. While he usually had to play shady characters this brotha ALWAYS represented himself as a strong black man. Nothing but respect for him. Condolences to his family and friends

Blu Ray edition is great quality.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Just got finished going through his films. Never had a lead role, but his versatility as a supporting actor is pretty incredible.
His biggest break was the television show "A man call Sloane" but he personally told me that him and Robert Conrad didn't see eye to eye and Conrad wanted to cancel the show after one season.. He originally starred in the movie playing a villain but when they made television show he was partnered with Conrad as a good guy.

Ji-tu told me that he believed Conrad black balled him in Hollywood

The TV Show

The movie was called death ray 2000

Last edited: