For sprouts haters!

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Tweet
+1
Stumble
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon will become your NEW favourite way to eat Brussels Spouts! Pan fried Brussels sprouts and bacon baked in a cheesy creamy garlic sauce, and topped with bubbling mozzarella and parmesan cheese!

This recipe is guaranteed to convert ANY sprouts hating fan to fall in love with these little suckers! Me included! And bonus? It’s low carb!

Cheesy-Garlic-Parmesan-Brussels-Sprouts-IMAGE-200.jpg

Okay, I have a confession (another one). I can’t stand Brussels sprouts. When I see a sprouts recipe, I run in the other direction. RUNNN. But these? These are SO GOOD! I’m now a convert and will be thing up new ways for these little oval green things.

Cheesy-Garlic-Parmesan-Brussels-Sprouts-IMAGE-480.jpg

Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon has everything you love!
  1. Bacon
    2714.svg
  2. Butter
    2714.svg
  3. Garlic
    2714.svg
  4. Cream
    2714.svg
  5. Mozzarella Cheese
    2714.svg
  6. Parmesan Cheese
    2714.svg
To make the sauce even thicker, I’m giving you guys an option to thicken it with cornstarch slurry (cornstarch mixed with water before adding into the sauce). I make this with light cream, but you can use half and half (half milk and half heavy cream), OR heavy cream if you’re looking for something richer.

You can also swap out mozzarella cheese for other cheese. Some options include Provolone, White Cheddar, Gruyere, or even Swiss.

Cheesy-Garlic-Parmesan-Brussels-Sprouts-IMAGE-190.jpg

It’s no secret how much I, and YOU, love garlic parmesan creamy sauces. Some of your favourite recipes include this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac And Cheese, and how about these Garlic Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes. What about chicken? YES! I have one of those too! Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon, which is where the inspiration for this recipe came from.

And NOW Brussels sprouts swimming in creamy sauce? Delicious. Sprouts swimming in a Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce?

OH MYYYYY %$#@%@**#^&*@#%! *HASHTAG NEW FAVOURITE RECIPE!*

Cheesy-Garlic-Parmesan-Brussels-Sprouts-IMAGE-60.jpg

Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon Recipe
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!

If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.

5 from 7 votes
Cheesy-Garlic-Parmesan-Brussels-Sprouts-IMAGE-190-100x150.jpg

Print
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
30 mins
Total Time
40 mins

Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon will become your NEW favourite way to eat Brussels Spouts! Pan fried Brussels sprouts and bacon baked in a cheesy creamy garlic sauce, and topped with bubbling mozzarella and parmesan cheese! This recipe is guaranteed to convert ANY sprouts hating fan to fall in love with these little suckers! Me included!

Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: American
Servings: 8 people (as a side)
Calories: 312 kcal
Author: Karina
Ingredients
  • 10 ounces 300 grams bacon, cut into strips
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 pounds 1 kg Brussels sprouts, washed, (trim bottoms and cut sprouts in half)
  • Salt and pepper to season
  • 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups 400 ml light cream, (or for a richer sauce, you can use heavy or thickened cream)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water cornstarch slurry
  • 1/3 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
  • 1/4 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C.
  2. Fry the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil. Set aside.

3. Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan, leaving about 1-2 tablespoons for added flavour (adjust this amount to your liking). In the same pan, melt the butter, then add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook while stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes. The edges should start crisping and slightly charring.

4. Add in the garlic and stir it through the sprouts for a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the cream, reduce heat down to low and allow them to simmer until tender (another 3-4 minutes).

5. If the cream is too thin for your liking, add in the cornstarch slurry, stirring it through immediately, until combined.
  6. Add the bacon in and give everything a good mix to combine all of the flavours together. Top the sprouts with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake until cheese is bubbly and sprouts are done to your liking (about 15 minutes). If you like your cheese browned, change oven settings to broil for 2-3 minutes, until golden.

7. Season with a little extra pepper, if desired, before serving. You can also sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, thyme or rosemary.
Nutrition Facts
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
12g 18%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol
86mg 29%
Sodium
380mg 16%
Potassium
562mg 16%
Total Carbohydrates
8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Sugars 2g
Protein 11g 22%
Vitamin A 29.2%
Vitamin C 117.9%
Calcium 15.5%
Iron 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.