Fats Domino dead: Rock and roll legend dies aged 89

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just asking...but is a condolence thread the place to express obscenities and racial anger ?!!!:dunno:

Granted...but did I lie?
I'm 65 years old and he is one of the first artists I remember. Him, Little Richard, Chuck Berry & Ike Turner are the cornerstones of all of today's music. Without them there is no Rock & Roll, R&B, or Rap. To have a music discussion without their names being mentioned isn't worth having. RIP Mr. Domino.

Now THIS what I'm talkin' 'bout.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah...I remember this vividly.

Buddy survived that sh!t and lived on more than a decade.

I ain't askin' why no more.

This board has writers and producers.

I want to "stick it" to the man.

There need to be individual biopics of Chick Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, and Ike Turner.

I mean dig deep in the crates and archives.

Then run a movie or documentary on how their careers ran concurrent/overlapped and take jabs and plugs at aaaaaaaaalllllllll the white rock groups to let them know they are the children/byproduct of the rock n roll movement, and not the progenitors.

F*ck the Beach Boys, or, whoever the first major white group was.

I'm done.

We love you Fats!
Preach!

Yes. Fats was one of the last living architects of modern American popular music that birthed rhythm and blues (which gave birth to rock & roll). Who's left now? Only Little Richard? I used to sing along with those K-Tel commercials for Fats' greatest hits album as a child. He was definitely one of my musical heroes.

May he rest in the arms of the Father

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
tumblr_oye1qbPCnj1ujnwyyo1_1280.jpg

RIP Fats Domino 2.26.28 - 10.24.17

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP.
We've lost a true ICON of popular music.
:crying:
But rest assured "Fats" Domino's music will forever be played whenever folks need to raise their spirits and have fun...

BrandNewM

Star
BGOL Investor
Rest In Paradise! Thanks for your music! I will forever remember the 50s k-tel comercials with Fats song Blueberry Hill coming on.