Dear God..The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Not sure thats good news for the industry overall.

As much as I hate Fox for not having a vision or giving a fuck about their Marvel properties...

The current setup at least gave us a little variety to the genre.

Would Disney ever put out a movie like Deadpool or Logan?

What we needed was Fox brass getting off their ass and aquireing the talent/braintrust needed to compete with the MCU year after year.

Reactions: smz

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
latest

if that happens.......

latest

and

Doctor_Doom_Stan_Lee_Interview.0.jpg

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well I think... Marvel knew this and have been setting up "Phase Four" just for this..

If this happens... Finally an African Storm... (Marvel can remarry Black Panther and Storm in the comics too..)

A Rouge that can fly because of Captian Marvel...

Dr. Fucking Doom vs the Avengers...

Spiderman and Iceman as friends...

Keep Ryan Reynolds and get rid of everybody else... Especially Jennifer fucking Lawrence...

Last edited:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
fuhgedaboudit

based on Spidey and Hulk- it would be a total re-cast and I doubt Marvel studios will ever cast a +6' tall dude to play Wolverine
I agree with you on the whole 6ft tall wolverine thing but at this stage in the game Hugh Jackman is wolverine....

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
So question...

Do you think the X-Men or Fantastic 4 will fit into the current world of Avengers? It would be a major plot hole to have them just pop up all at once and being welcomed to the team or that universe for that matter. Like, what the hell y'all been doing this entire time the earth been under attack? And you can't just have them pop up with Tony on some "oh yeah they been on my radar for a while I've been watching them..."

Somebody suggested a whole new story of wolverine and black widow teaming up... are there other instances of cross overs between this current universe of characters and X-Men characters? Please enlighten me...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I agree with you on the whole 6ft tall wolverine thing but at this stage in the game Hugh Jackman is wolverine....
hollywood egos and greed will make sure that will never happen...
No decision that has Tom Rothman's finger prints or signature will survive a Disney acquisition

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I hope they get unkowns to play the new cast. Don't need Wolverine yet. Start with the original X-line-up

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
So question...

Do you think the X-Men or Fantastic 4 will fit into the current world of Avengers? It would be a major plot hole to have them just pop up all at once and being welcomed to the team or that universe for that matter. Like, what the hell y'all been doing this entire time the earth been under attack? And you can't just have them pop up with Tony on some "oh yeah they been on my radar for a while I've been watching them..."

Somebody suggested a whole new story of wolverine and black widow teaming up... are there other instances of cross overs between this current universe of characters and X-Men characters? Please enlighten me...

My suggestion...

Set up a whole new universe. Have a couple movies. Set up the characters.

And then have a movie that merges the two universes.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So question...

my guess is it would be treated as all new characters for F4 and Doom etc and some of the XMen might get teased as boogie men first or establish them underground / shadowy during debut
So far in MCU - Quicksilver, Witch, and Black Panther have been around for decades before Avengers

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So question...

Well Mutants kinda do already exist with the "Twins".

Hryda was experimenting on them and they never stated extactly what they were or what it was that was "activated" (the MCU left that open for a reason)

We assumed their powers or "Mutant Genes" was activated by Loki's Infinity Stone...

The MCU with, Agents of Shield has already set up an Index of Enhanced (man made) or Gifted (natural) individuals.

Mutants could easy fit in the Gifted category.

Wolverine is well know to Shield (Canidian Weapon X Program) and Professor X just wants to teach and protect his students but they are monitored by Shield.

Have the FF want to be Heros and the X-Men decided they can't sit on the sideline anymore because of the aftermath of Infinity War.

MCU have laid the groundwork to easy add X-Men and FF to their universe

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Man.... GOTG showed celestials....would love to see Galactus.

Damnit man...Marvel may have been too quick with Infinity War.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if they held onto X-Men and FF until they reboot their entire cinematic universe, to start it off right.

I'd like to see Marvel go the "Alex Ross Marvels" route in how they introduce FF and X-Men and others.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
this is not the same thing - FOX is a direct competitor to Disney in every way - not a smaller company being absorbed

With Fox -its not only Fox, its Fox Searchlight etc..
that's one less major and a few less independent distributors and outlets

leaving only Disney Universal WB and maybe Viacom a majors
less competition is not good

Ok understand

As usual your looking at the macro level

And you 100% correct

But at this point?

I got no energy to even rail against the machine.

Cause let's be fair

After they got star wars marvel and muppets?

Your KNEW this was going to happen.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man.... GOTG showed celestials....would love to see Galactus.

Damnit man...Marvel may have been too quick with Infinity War.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if they held onto X-Men and FF until they reboot their entire cinematic universe, to start it off right.

I'd like to see Marvel go the "Alex Ross Marvels" route in how they introduce FF and X-Men and others

^^^^/

I was JUST discussing this in another thread.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
This shit is like the Sprint and T-Mobile merger, keep talking about it, but it's not happening.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I hope they get unkowns to play the new cast. Don't need Wolverine yet. Start with the original X-line-up
I don’t think that would work......Shit they tried it with the X-men days ...... they need wolverine for it to be a block buster

I would like to see them work in some X-men characters into the Netflix world

Maybe a Gambit to start with

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I don’t think that would work......Shit they tried it with the X-men days ...... they need wolverine for it to be a block buster

I would like to see them work in some X-men characters into the Netflix world

Maybe a Gambit to start with
Bruh....Marvel made Iron Man, a B list hero back in 2005, into one of its top heroes.

Writing is all thats needed, and with Disney/Marvel's team behind it, regardless of which X-Men are in the roster, this shit will print money.

I feel you on introducing X-Men characters on their TV shows, just stay away from the BS ABC network show.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Bruh....Marvel made Iron Man, a B list hero back in 2005, into one of its top heroes.

Writing is all thats needed, and with Disney/Marvel's team behind it, regardless of which X-Men are in the roster, this shit will print money.

I feel you on introducing X-Men characters on their TV shows, just stay away from the BS ABC network show.

I have no reason why Ironman became so popular, but IMO if you want X-men to take off you have to have the characters from the cartoon from the 90’s. That’s what most people know them for that don’t do comics books

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I have no reason why Ironman became so popular, but IMO if you want X-men to take off you have to have the characters from the cartoon from the 90’s. That’s what most people know them for that don’t do comics books
They may go with the Giant Sized X-Men lineup, I just feel like Wolverine is played out, especially with Jackman playing the role for close to two decades.

It isn't like Affleck replacing Bale as Batman. Christian Bale played Batman for three films.

Jackman played Wolverine across 9 films.

He's too connected to the character for them to easily replace another actor to play Logan just a few years removed from Jackman's last Wolverine film.

Marvel can make Scott Summers/Cyclops the Iron Man of their new X-Men film franchise, since Singer shitted on the characters in the Faux films.

Cyclops
Jean (Marvel Girl)
Iceman
Beast
Angel

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Everybody but Julibee wack ass...

She was useless shooting fireworks and shit...