Cuba...

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
oh sorry to hear about the food, I heard the food was great, but it was coming from people who ate at peoples homes, in bed and breakfast type hook ups...

they said lots of rice and beans but the fish and carne aka meats were seasoned to perfection.

thanks for this thread it reminded me how much I wanted to visit....

We did Airbnbs except for when in Varadero - because we were always on tours for, like 10-12 hours a day, our hosts never cooked for us. Food in most restaurants were meh. But, I'm a harsh critic - I'm from NOLA and cook with tons of seasoning, so my standards are pretty high lol

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We went to Veradero for three days and stayed at Naviti, a resort on the strip. The hotel, grounds and beach were gorgeous. The water was awesome - like, I played in the waves for a good 40 minutes straight like a big kid. The food was kinda meh, though.

You have to be careful if you're eating at government owned businesses or private ones. The private ones, by far, are so much better. The food was the biggest let down of the trip.

There is a beach closer to Havana - Veradero is almost 2 hours away, I believe. But, it was worth it.

oh sorry to hear about the food, I heard the food was great, but it was coming from people who ate at peoples homes, in bed and breakfast type hook ups...

they said lots of rice and beans but the fish and carne aka meats were seasoned to perfection.

thanks for this thread it reminded me how much I wanted to visit....
We did Airbnbs except for when in Varadero - because we were always on tours for, like 10-12 hours a day, our hosts never cooked for us. Food in most restaurants were meh. But, I'm a harsh critic - I'm from NOLA and cook with tons of seasoning, so my standards are pretty high lol

oh yea good point, you are from new orleans..

yall dont play when it comes to food and seasoning..

so you eat crawfish?

lol thats a little out of my league.. but give me some of that fried catfish tho.

all day ere day...