Breaking: PRINCE DEAD AT 57

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
Prince tribute was wack you didn't miss nothing.

Not sure what you watched but it was one of the best tributes I have seen in a while, all seemed authentic. The band killed it, Martin Luther, Monae, Bilal, Maxwell Tori Kelly, stevie and more Grade A talent was on that stage tonight , and boy Jhud took Purple rain to church. As a princeologist, I found the tributes to be outstanding. I disagree with your view on the tributes. The tributes where passionate and touching. Never before has their been that much musical talent at bet awards show.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I stand by what I said, I enjoyed the tribute and the young talent that was showcased. Too bad you didn't, and that's cool. List the other performers at those said shows. Peace.

These two years had way better performers no doubt

2003: 50 Cent (Feat. G-Unit & Missy Elliott), Snoop Dogg (Feat. Pharrell), Beyoncé (Feat. Jay-Z), Lil' Kim, R. Kelly, Ashanti, B2k, DMC, James Brown with special guest Michael Jackson, Donnie McClurkin & Yolanda Adams, India.Arie

2004: Kanye West (Feat. Yolanda Adams), Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, Outkast, Usher (Feat. Lil' Jon), Ludacris, Alicia Keys, Kid Rock, Dave Navarro, Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, Sugar Hill Gang, Public Enemy, MC Lyte, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, India.Arie, Smokie Norful

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
These two years had way better performers no doubt

2003: 50 Cent (Feat. G-Unit & Missy Elliott), Snoop Dogg (Feat. Pharrell), Beyoncé (Feat. Jay-Z), Lil' Kim, R. Kelly, Ashanti, B2k, DMC, James Brown with special guest Michael Jackson, Donnie McClurkin & Yolanda Adams, India.Arie

2004: Kanye West (Feat. Yolanda Adams), Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, Outkast, Usher (Feat. Lil' Jon), Ludacris, Alicia Keys, Kid Rock, Dave Navarro, Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, Sugar Hill Gang, Public Enemy, MC Lyte, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, India.Arie, Smokie Norful

I disagree, but hey it's cool, we can debate that in another post. It was cool to see Mayte out there and that ending shot with all of them. I am glad the revolution was not involved.

MistaFlynt

Greetings, Earthling.
Registered
Prince tribute was wack you didn't miss nothing.

WTF Were YOU Watching???

One of the BEST tributes for an artist, dead or alive. PERIOD. Including Bilal's performance. Yeah. I said it. :lol:

Only thing Missing (IMHO) was Rosie Gaines (NPG), Chaka, Aunt Patti (her "Purple Rain rendition was CLASSIC, but JHud MURDERED IT), D'Angelo, The Revolution, and The Time.....

Last edited:

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WTF Were YOU Watching???

One of the BEST tributes for an artist, dead or alive. PERIOD. Including Bilal's performance. Yeah. I said it.
:lol::dance:
You didn't see how bad Erykah Badu was. She was terrible. That was a very disappointed tribute.

Chris Brown tribute to Michael Jackson tops the Tributes to Prince to me.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-BET-Awards-star-s-pay-tribute-late-icon.html

35B4934300000578-3661595-image-m-234_1467003053583.jpg
35B4584800000578-3661595-image-a-235_1467003060211.jpg

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
You didn't see how bad Erykah Badu was. She was terrible. That was a very disappointed tribute.

Chris Brown tribute to Michael Jackson tops the Tributes to Prince to me.

Come on now, you trolling us now? I will say that Badu was underwhelming, but she was clearly nervous and she was in the 1st spot, a tough spot and I am going to bet she replaced D'angelo at the last minute. Outside of that I am not sure what you were watching our looking for, but the closing of the show to watch a 58 year old women do what she did was outstanding. Seeing Mayte out there brought back a lot of memories from the 90's of his high energy live shows.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Come on now, you trolling us now? I will say that Badu was underwhelming, but she was clearly nervous and she was in the 1st spot, a tough spot and I am going to bet she replaced D'angelo at the last minute. Outside of that I am not sure what you were watching our looking for, but the closing of the show to watch a 58 year old women do what she did was outstanding. Seeing Mayte out there brought back a lot of memories from the 90's of his high energy live shows.
She wasn't nervous, she just didn't sound well. She showed no enthusiasm at all. I liked the Sheila E performance but that's about it.

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
She wasn't nervous, she just didn't sound well. She showed no enthusiasm at all. I liked the Sheila E performance but that's about it.

Yes, def agree with that Badu situation. New track dedicated to Prince below.

https://www.sheilae.com/sheila-e-songs/

“Girl Meets Boy”
Written by Sheila E. & Mychael Gabriel

VERSE I
I was just a girl
And when I saw your face
You were just a boy

But you rocked my world
And deep inside
I know that I did the same

CHORUS I
I let your love rain down on me
I let you love rain on me

VERSE II
Yesterday
A memory we’ll cherish
Or is this a dream?
I don’t wanna wake up
I wanna be with you
Welcome to my world

When you left – it rained down on me
When you left – it rained on me

VERSE III
You were just a boy
And when you saw my face
I was just a girl

But I rocked your world
And somewhere deep inside
You know you did the same

OUTRO
Just a boy
I was just a girl
Just a boy
Just a girl

I let your love
Rain on me
I let your love
Rain on me

icon_touched.gif

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
Do you think that Prince was the source of some of the live concert bootlegs of soundboard quality that has come out over the years?

Many where stolen, and or taken for collateral. Prince was a perfectionist by default, and spent hours upon hours dissecting his performance. Many coworkers, many disgruntled band members, groupies etc stole music, etc from Prince, many inspite of Prince early was often late to pay or not pay at all, even his so called "friends," sold stuff he gifted them. Many stole right from under him, and as you have noticed post around TRC era, he tightened that ship up and fired many thus limited outtakes, etc from that era moving forward. He had some serious loyal folks during that time period. Dude was using new crews every two to three months, recording all over the country, and people stole and hoarded. For example, there is a writer that wrote rock opera for Prince, and Prince never paid him and said he wasn't, so the writer has a treasure trove of Prince operas and also many handwritten letters to be up for auction soon. There is a group of people that I used to belong to, which has many studio quality unreleased songs that were stolen, a fracture in the community began when the track Adonis and Bathsheba was released, when we had it for over 10-15 years, members of the group splintered on why they were the only people that could hear the songs. There was also a time period, when Prince hired the actually people that bootlegged his material, and later employed them. Prince was closer to the internet then most people would believe, even when he went on his the internet is dead rant. Based on what I have read, and heard, and seen I highly doubt he was the source.

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
Airy Groove here is a nice soundboard for you: enjoy: Ballad of D. Parker 1987, for all the folks that tried to claim he was bitting D'angelo when he performed this version on Jay Leno