Bitcoin just broke 8000... UPDATE $9100! over 10k!!! My nigga its about to break 20k!!!

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BloombergMarkets
Sign In

Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
By
Adam Haigh
November 19, 2017, 12:56 PM PST
  • Cryptocurrency’s value is up more than 26% just this month
  • Torrid trading sees huge swing in Bitcoin prices this year
Bitcoin topped $8,000 for the first time, as investors set aside technology concerns that had derailed its advance earlier this month.

1400x-1.png

Bitcoin rose 4.8 percent to $8,071.05 as of 7:17 a.m. Sydney time on Monday. It’s now up more than 700 percent this year after shrugging off a tumble of as much as 29 percent earlier this month. It’s been a tumultuous year for the largest cryptocurrency, with three separate slumps of more than 25 percent in value all giving way to subsequent rallies.

Even as many skeptics call the asset a bubble waiting to pop, it’s becoming too big for many on Wall Street to ignore. The digital currency is gaining the acceptance of professional investors, with CME Group Inc., the world’s biggest exchange, poised to start offering futures trading on bitcoin next month.

Click here for an explanation of the technology behind the bitcoin and bitcoin cash fork

Bloomberg’s Joe Weisenthal discusses bitcoin’s volatility and the cryptocurrency landscape.

Source: Bloomberg
Recent volatility has also stemmed from a pickup in people switching to alternative virtual currencies, notably, Bitcoin cash. That’s gaining popularity due to lower transaction cost and faster speed. New cryptocurrency iterations are springing up as disagreements over bitcoin’s design persist and opportunities for making a quick buck prove hard to pass up.

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.

LEARN MORE
Have a confidential news tip?
Get in touch with our reporters.

Terms of Service Trademarks Privacy Policy ©2017 Bloomberg L.P. All Rights Reserved
Careers Made in NYC Advertise Ad Choices Website Feedback Help

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I am still saying that this is too hot but get your money out or some of it just in case

yep it’s so “hot” that places like microsoft newegg expedia gamestop subway whole foods and many other places are now accepting it as payment...you backward scary negroes should just stay out of these threads @ this point...too ignorant to understand the market or @ least try to but want to spread FUD as if you’re informed

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
yep it’s so “hot” that places like microsoft newegg expedia gamestop subway whole foods and many other places are now accepting it as payment...you backward scary negroes should just stay out of these threads @ this point...too ignorant to understand the market or @ least try to but want to spread FUD as if you’re informed

man i dont even know why you respond to these dumb niggas anymore

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm done preaching to people about getting in this market. You get left on the sidelines, your fault!!
Some are just reluctant because they aren't used to taking risks with money.

I've noticed thats it's easier for an entrepreneur like myself to take these risks than it is for someone that works for a living (i.e. has a job)

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some are just reluctant because they aren't used to taking risks with money.

I've noticed thats it's easier for an entrepreneur like myself to take these risks than it is for someone that works for a living (i.e. has a job)
You're right, i'm an entrepreneur too but I'm just a risk taker by nature

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
How were you comfortable with investing so much. That's a large investment
Think he has a practice of some sort. Maybe even took loans? We all agreed we fucked up and off on the first crypto thread. We were not going to miss this train.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How were you comfortable with investing so much. That's a large investment
I read about bitcoin on here around 2010, and forgot about it. Mainly because I didn't understand it and I also didn't know anything about. So, that was a huge opportunity missed, I didn't wanna miss out again. As result, I went all in after about 2 months of research on various coins. And if I lost, I knew that I would make that money again, so it wasn't that huge of risk in my mind.