Doug Jones arrives at Washington for his first day as Senator

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well, what does this mean in terms of that disastrous tax bill? Something? Do Repubs have to lose 3-4 more seats?

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I know one thing next year mid terms might be a bloodbath for the Republicans

We all hope so...Country needs more sensible people running the show. Not saying Dems are prefect, but they're not a bunch of idiots like Repubs. I actually thought Alabama would still vote Moore. Now, i'll probably take my TV and toss it outside if Louisiana ever votes Dem.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
We all hope so...Country needs more sensible people running the show. Not saying Dems are prefect, but they're not a bunch of idiots like Repubs. I actually thought Alabama would still vote Moore. Now, i'll probably take my TV and toss it outside if Louisiana ever votes Dem.
Louisiana have a Democratic governor

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They did for Clinton first time around. But to your point,

There isn't any reason why La., Miss., Ala. and Ga. shouldn't be blue with as many blacks you have there. I'm not implying that blacks should only vote one way, but the damn republicans have drawn the line in the sand.

I get that...It will still be a little surprising though.

Louisiana have a Democratic governor

Interesting...Didn't even know that.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
They did for Clinton first time around. But to your point,

There isn't any reason why La., Miss., Ala. and Ga. shouldn't be blue with as many blacks you have there. I'm not implying that blacks should only vote one way, but the damn republicans have drawn the line in the sand.
Especially Georgia it is over 3 million black folks in Georgia

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Mississippi and Louisiana are examples of how voter suppression can hurt Black people. Alabama should show the Black people that think shit can't change that it can change. Next is to see exactly what is happening in Mississippi that a state majority Black has never elected someone Black to statewide office.

And to the "don't vote" faggots always in here....STFU and eat a dick.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Mississippi and Louisiana are examples of how voter suppression can hurt Black people. Alabama should show the Black people that think shit can't change that it can change. Next is to see exactly what is happening in Mississippi that a state majority Black has never elected someone Black to statewide office.

And to the "don't vote" faggots always in here....STFU and eat a dick.
:eek:

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know one thing next year mid terms might be a bloodbath for the Republicans
Republicans don't seem to think do, you should have seen how they were trying to spin it on FOX News, I had to check it out just to see the pained look on their faces last night especially that cunt Laura Ingraham. I can't stand that bitch! They were trying to say that Trump had really no effect on the race last night.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Well, what does this mean in terms of that disastrous tax bill? Something? Do Repubs have to lose 3-4 more seats?
The tax bill is so disorganized that it has to be rewritten before it can be reconciled between the house and senate.

Those who voted for if aren't getting what they were promised. That shit can't pass as is. It's such a clusterfuck it'll have to go back to the beginning.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Louisiana's current govorner, John Bel Edwards is a democrat (as stated above) but one of the reasons he won is because he ran against a very unpopular David Vitter. His victory is still viewed as a fluke and many republicans feel they can easily take him out in 2020. Jeff Landry is basically auditioning for the job right now and Landry is a member of the tea party.

New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Shreveport out of those three the only one you can probably count on being solidly blue is New Orleans, due to it's history and culture which makes it almost naturally blue/liberal. Baton Rouge and Shreveport are blue due to it's black populations but at the same time you can probably slide some of those black democrats in BR and Shreveport from blue to red if you play on certain issues. A black democrat in New Orleans probably doesn't care that John Bel Edwards is trying to give LGBTs protection from discrimination but for a black democrat elsewhere in the state, that could be a major issue and could cause them to go to the other side.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

ComplexEvilEuropeanfiresalamander.gif

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The tax bill is so disorganized that it has to be rewritten before it can be reconciled between the house and senate.

Those who voted for if aren't getting what they were promised. That shit can't pass as is. It's such a clusterfuck it'll have to go back to the beginning.

Sounds great. I hope they keep messing up.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Black folk better hold this guy accountable. He's still white and a politician , he has said some suspect shit

Actually I was wondering what the hype was...

We had a brother democraticsenator in Da Boot, that was wilding the fuck out...
Folks rally behind him only for him to act like them other folks