What do intelligent black women think about McClain picking a woman for Veep?

owl

BGOL Investor
I just want to dedicate a thread to the sisters regarding your thoughts with respect to the McClain nomination. Is it a viable choice? Does it make sense? Did it sway you against Obama if you were for Obama? If you were against Obama, did it make you sway toward him? Please make your presence and voice felt.

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
I just want to dedicate a thread to the sisters regarding your thoughts with respect to the McClain nomination. Is it a viable choice? Does it make sense? Did it sway you against Obama if you were for Obama? If you were against Obama, did it make you sway toward him? Please make your presence and voice felt.

????????
google-maps-transit.png

Harlem's Angel

Fuck Off!!
BGOL Investor
Its an obvious cheap tactic. Its a shame he would think he needs to do that to compete with Obama. That only makes it clear to us all that he has nothing positive to offer the country and that he takes us all for idiots.

owl

BGOL Investor
Its an obvious cheap tactic. Its a shame he would think he needs to do that to compete with Obama. That only makes it clear to us all that he has nothing positive to offer the country and that he takes us all for idiots.

He really did play dirty on this one. I have a hard time believing it is an ineffective strategy. Of course, I don't like Obama personally, and I think his testicles are in Michelle's pocket(If you are reading this Michelle, My number is (314)973-0388...Fuck that lame...I'm the ONE!). Other than that, these dudes have shown me how weak they are. I mean really, Obama has yet to specifically spell out HOW is going to reduce college prices, improve the economy, and that speech at the DNC wasn't one of those "historic" type speeches(I really hate I was born in the 70s). Obama is the window of opportunity for real niggas to get ahead and make shit happen. Without the George Washingtons the Thomas Jeffersons of the world would be raped and made to wear mohawks and tight pants...I'm just saying....:lol:

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
McCain's VP choice was obviously purely a ploy to try and round up those Hilary supporters who were voting for her on the basis of being a woman. Not only that, but it is also a move to show how "serious" he is about our oil crisis (Alaska = oil reserves). Let's hope that McCain's (cheap) strategic choice to pick a women as a VP will not be the fulcrum at which people are swayed to vote for him. (I'm sure she was picked for more reasons than that but I think we would be ignorant to deny that a large part was due to win votes.)

McCain is trying to "make history" with is choice. We are either going to have the first female vice president or the first black president. McCain is a soldier, soldiers do not equal leaders. McCain has gotten this far based on his family and his wife's money. His marriage into the Hensley family opened doors easily for him and his path to political success was covered much with rose petals. One can come from a wealthy (socially and/or financially) and do great things but in the case of McCain, like the Bush, I can only see him wanting to be President for the position it represents. In him, I don't see him having a passion to do good for the whole of our country...I see him having a passion to be the President, for the position that it is.

With Obama, whether or not you are a fan of him, what he has accomplished in his lifetime is a testament to what he is capable of and for that he should be admired. Achievements made through hard work, discipline in the midst of adversity shows the strength and steadfast patience and focus, these are characteristics we should want, demand and expect from our future president.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
You ladies are making me proud. Yeah it's a ploy on his part and the republicans are not very pleased about it. It's a very weak move by a desperate man.

The republican's biggest arguement was Obama lacked experience but McCain's move takes that arguement off the table. So McCain is now left with nothing but the issues to argue, he loses that arguement.

owl

BGOL Investor
McCain's VP choice was obviously purely a ploy to try and round up those Hilary supporters who were voting for her on the basis of being a woman. Not only that, but it is also a move to show how "serious" he is about our oil crisis (Alaska = oil reserves). Let's hope that McCain's (cheap) strategic choice to pick a women as a VP will not be the fulcrum at which people are swayed to vote for him. (I'm sure she was picked for more reasons than that but I think we would be ignorant to deny that a large part was due to win votes.)

McCain is trying to "make history" with is choice. We are either going to have the first female vice president or the first black president. McCain is a soldier, soldiers do not equal leaders. McCain has gotten this far based on his family and his wife's money. His marriage into the Hensley family opened doors easily for him and his path to political success was covered much with rose petals. One can come from a wealthy (socially and/or financially) and do great things but in the case of McCain, like the Bush, I can only see him wanting to be President for the position it represents. In him, I don't see him having a passion to do good for the whole of our country...I see him having a passion to be the President, for the position that it is.

With Obama, whether or not you are a fan of him, what he has accomplished in his lifetime is a testament to what he is capable of and for that he should be admired. Achievements made through hard work, discipline in the midst of adversity shows the strength and steadfast patience and focus, these are characteristics we should want, demand and expect from our future president.

Most definitely CJ...thank you for chiming in....

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought I was the only one feeling this way, (Black man running against a white woman), but I'm glad to see I'm not.

I'm finding it hard to keep up with these politics mainly because I don't want to. Don't get me wrong- I care, especially with a little one now. But no one is saying anything that is catching my ear. Not McCain, Obama, McKinney, whoever is running for the Green Party...

This race is beginning to be about flashy appearances, (Oooh a Black man!), and nothing to do with substance. I don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils because one is still evil. I'd rather not vote at all if I feel like no one is going to live to their word or if their campaign isn't worth the shit it was written on. When someone says something that works let me know.

Harlem's Angel

Fuck Off!!
BGOL Investor
I thought I was the only one feeling this way, (Black man running against a white woman), but I'm glad to see I'm not.

I'm finding it hard to keep up with these politics mainly because I don't want to. Don't get me wrong- I care, especially with a little one now. But no one is saying anything that is catching my ear. Not McCain, Obama, McKinney, whoever is running for the Green Party...

This race is beginning to be about flashy appearances, (Oooh a Black man!), and nothing to do with substance. I don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils because one is still evil. I'd rather not vote at all if I feel like no one is going to live to their word or if their campaign isn't worth the shit it was written on. When someone says something that works let me know.

I don't mean to offend but that idea is silly. Not to vote at all is a waste. At least vote against the guy you DON'T want. If you don't vote you lose all rights to complain in my eyes.

doublejizzle

Star
Registered

You should have just remained silent:lol: Obviously you are not paying attention, so why diss the brotha that is at least speaking on change.:hmm:

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
It's like something in football they call a Wild Card, random and highly unlikely to be a viable competitor. Still, it's a good look for US, women...

Last edited:

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor

I definitely disagree Melon and agree with HA.. if you don't vote you can't complain about policies that could hurt you or that you don't agree with... As a working mom you have to think about what candidate will help you to make the life for your child a better place.

The thing with Obama is that I really believe that he really wants a change. He might not have the exacts down pact on how to get there, but he really does believe in better education, better health care, better ________ ... And honestly, yes, it is important to vote for the candidate you really feel.. but honestly if you vote for a third party candidate, isn't that really sorta like not voting at all??

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor

Melonpecan, don't let the efforts of so many who put it on the line die in vain. Growing up I remember seeing these images on TV. I think many of us forget we didn't always have the rights we have today. Just remember people died so you could have a choice. Don't throw away that choice get out there and vote.

jko78zo6yhl03ckkg6e9.jpg

67rvwup5i3ahow2adg9.jpg

The lesser of two evils? Not this time, I can understand your disenchantment however with this country in its present state you cannot afford not to vote. Just think about your present bills, how about your grocery bill. Can you still bring home the same amount of groceries with $100 dollars? How much does it cost to now drive your car?

The time is now to stand up and fight not to ignore or give into the status quo. Especially since you have a young one. You owe it to your child to give it your best shot. That means getting out there and voting. A non-vote is an endorsement that your happy with the present state of this country. If you are you must be a rich republican white person.

Maybe Obama is not who you feel is the ideal choice. But for the past 8 years we've had someone in office who truly didn't give a damn about black people. It is possible Obama might care just a little bit so isnt it worth the effort to at least support the brother?

linequoter

Potential Star
Registered

This post is getting alot of attention...and I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I feel like I have too...

The thing is, the candidates have been saying plenty of substantive things, it's just that many of the network and cable news shows unfortunately don't focus on some of this...that falls on them.

But, in the end, some of this falls on you...you even said you don't want to follow the politics...it's no wonder why you haven't heard anything that catches your attention. You don't want to pay attention.

Do a google search...or check out www.ontheissues.org. The information is right there online.

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This post is getting alot of attention...and I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I feel like I have too...

The thing is, the candidates have been saying plenty of substantive things, it's just that many of the network and cable news shows unfortunately don't focus on some of this...that falls on them.

But, in the end, some of this falls on you...you even said you don't want to follow the politics...it's no wonder why you haven't heard anything that catches your attention. You don't want to pay attention.

Do a google search...or check out www.ontheissues.org. The information is right there online.

Hell of a post !!!

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't mean to offend but that idea is silly. Not to vote at all is a waste. At least vote against the guy you DON'T want. If you don't vote you lose all rights to complain in my eyes.

I have been hearing that line a lot, that if you don't vote you loose the right to complain. :confused: I can understand where this theology comes from but my take on politics has changed in the last two years and I'm not so sure that I can believe in this anymore. But I do agree with you that not to vote at all is a waste.

You should have just remained silent:lol: Obviously you are not paying attention, so why diss the brotha that is at least speaking on change.:hmm:

I am not dissing Obama. I like some of the issues he is attacking and how he is approaching it. I actually think that some of what he isn't doing is playing the game effectively, (although I'm not too sure if he will win at all). However as of late I am not hearing what I am looking forward to. But I guess that might be because of the coverage on the VP pick.

I definitely disagree Melon and agree with HA.. if you don't vote you can't complain about policies that could hurt you or that you don't agree with... As a working mom you have to think about what candidate will help you to make the life for your child a better place.

The thing with Obama is that I really believe that he really wants a change. He might not have the exacts down pact on how to get there, but he really does believe in better education, better health care, better ________ ... And honestly, yes, it is important to vote for the candidate you really feel.. but honestly if you vote for a third party candidate, isn't that really sorta like not voting at all??

I believe he wants a change as well. And I think this is a good thing. I am thinking about which candidate will make life for my child better but part of the game now, (for me at least), is how this game is being played below the national level. But I honestly think if every minority votes for a candidate not Republican or Democratic, but for another who is about the right issues that would make a huge change.

Melonpecan, don't let the efforts of so many who put it on the line die in vain. Growing up I remember seeing these images on TV. I think many of us forget we didn't always have the rights we have today. Just remember people died so you could have a choice. Don't throw away that choice get out there and vote.

The lesser of two evils? Not this time, I can understand your disenchantment however with this country in its present state you cannot afford not to vote. Just think about your present bills, how about your grocery bill. Can you still bring home the same amount of groceries with $100 dollars? How much does it cost to now drive your car?

The time is now to stand up and fight not to ignore or give into the status quo. Especially since you have a young one. You owe it to your child to give it your best shot. That means getting out there and voting. A non-vote is an endorsement that your happy with the present state of this country. If you are you must be a rich republican white person.

Maybe Obama is not who you feel is the ideal choice. But for the past 8 years we've had someone in office who truly didn't give a damn about black people. It is possible Obama might care just a little bit so isnt it worth the effort to at least support the brother?

I don't think Obama per se is the lesser of two evils, but his party I'm not so sure. I don't think he is the type of person who would be used by the party and he stands on his principals; I like this.

Let me reiterate I like Obama and his stance. I have been hearing his take on certain issues before his presidential race started and has made some very great points. However I am more wary now of the consequences of his election that I might have been before. Could this be why there are certain things I have not heard of from him of late? Is there something else I am missing? :confused:

Thanks for the link. I do agree that the media will focus on what they want to focus on and this may be part of why I am not hearing what I am looking for. It isn't that I don't want to pay attention, (sometimes yes, cause that shit is depressing), but this time around no.

I am a strong believer that you have to fix house before you can fix the world. The presidential candidates are all coming up with these plans, (some needed, some not), to help the current state of the country. I am not mad at this. But what I would like to see is attention to the states as well. Yes, I know this is what the governors are for but the separate issues that each state faces should be a concern as well. What national law or program that passes might be good for New York but not for Alabama. I'd like to see the bond between the president and the governors grow tremendously to help to address some of these concerns and develop plans that can help the country as a whole or sections of states.

The way the judicial system works states have their individual say but I am more convinced throwing plans out there for the sake of being elected or being on the national platform isn't going to cut it anymore. There should be no need to micromanage but do candidates actually not realize that they affect the country locally possibly more than nationally? Like I said I like Obama. Perhaps I am being a little too hard on what I want to hear. Do I plan to take action? Yes, as soon as I see I am in the correct place to do so. Perhaps my expectations are too much. Should I compromise on these expectations, I honestly don't know. What I do know is that when I find permanent stability I want to attack the think I hate the most, (politics), on the localest of levels.

If I had to choose today I probably would vote for Obama. Although I am afraid of what would happen should he be elected. Afraid of situations not of his own doing, but by the doing of others. I still haven't made a clear decision as to who my definite pick is but one thing is for certain-

McCain has lost all credibility in this race by picking a woman as his running mate. If he wasn't just senile and dying before our eyes before this is proof he isn't even running his own election. We can't a man who takes the stance others give him to run the country on his own, because he won't. It's obvious from appearances that he has no idea what he is talking about, either when it comes to national issues or his own. Even if Obama doesn't he can fake the funk. I'm reading this like a chess game where Obama has the best strategy at this point. But even if he has the best, will he win the game?

onyxfemme

Punk Ass Decepticons!
BGOL Investor

Exactly! When I first saw the news (How the hell did BGOL know at least 20 minutes before MSN is beyond me) I was like he takes this country of voters as idiots. I feel like all women especially Hillary's supporters should feel insulted. McCain only cares about winning which is why he chose a woman. He thought that would rally of of the Hillary supporters to his camp....As a woman and more importantly a voter I feel insulated.
And to add insult she is a former Beauty Queen??? Who just recenlty said...I dont know what a Vice President does...Wow not a good look...:smh:

owl

BGOL Investor
I have been hearing that line a lot, that if you don't vote you loose the right to complain. :confused: I can understand where this theology comes from but my take on politics has changed in the last two years and I'm not so sure that I can believe in this anymore. But I do agree with you that not to vote at all is a waste.

She said this "theology"...:lol:..

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I shall refer you to the thread title, and say good day to you ma'am.

Kind sir, if you were to quote me I ask that you do so with the whole sentence:

I don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils because one is still evil.

When I wrote this I was speaking of the parties not the persons running for the parties. As I have Stated earlier I am ok with Obama- nothing against the man. However, I question the integrity of the party as a whole who is trying to forget the shame of Clinton and dick sucking; playing off the hopes that America will want a Democrat in office after eight years of Bush; and is willing to pit a woman against a Black man for the Democratic nomination. It seems as though to me that the party is trying to bring about a new image or at least what they thing is a new era- I don't think they care that Obama is Black at all and what that would mean to the policies he wishes to address.

I don't think he is a puppet to the party, but I have to wonder how much of an influence the party has on this election.

Oh and I consider myself to be very intelligent, kind sir.

linequoter

Potential Star
Registered
Kind sir, if you were to quote me I ask that you do so with the whole sentence:

When I wrote this I was speaking of the parties not the persons running for the parties. As I have Stated earlier I am ok with Obama- nothing against the man. However, I question the integrity of the party as a whole who is trying to forget the shame of Clinton and dick sucking; playing off the hopes that America will want a Democrat in office after eight years of Bush; and is willing to pit a woman against a Black man for the Democratic nomination. It seems as though to me that the party is trying to bring about a new image or at least what they thing is a new era- I don't think they care that Obama is Black at all and what that would mean to the policies he wishes to address.

I don't think he is a puppet to the party, but I have to wonder how much of an influence the party has on this election.

Oh and I consider myself to be very intelligent, kind sir.

I'll address the bolded.

The Clinton "dick-sucking" incident happened too long ago. The Democratic Party has much more important issues to worry about now. It's not that anyone's trying to forget it happened...it's just that in light of other issues, some "dick-sucking" that happened over eight years ago isn't WORTH remembering.

And they didn't pit a woman and a black man against each other intentionally. Hillary's position as the nominee was supposed to be certain. Obama decided to run of his on free will. People didn't even want him to run. The Democratic Party didn't make him run...Barack Obama decided to run because he wanted to. Barack himself wasn't even too sure...he asked Ted Kennedy whether he thought he should run for president...Kennedy replied by telling Obama sometimes you only get one chance, so it's important to sieze an opportunity that presents itself. Barack vs. Hillary wasn't some political concoction.

destrehan

Star
Registered
i don't understand yall at all. how can you call yourselves intelligent put faith in a corrupt system? look at the history of this country. if obama was really going to "change" some shit he would be done away with right in front of our faces and we'd be dared to do something about it. the voting process was rigged in 2000, and in 2004. do yall not understand that? a country who doesn't even control their own currency is not a democracy. the shit is an illusion, and yall love it apparently. nothing short of a bloodbath revolution will invoke any CHANGE here.

the govt has gone rogue.

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor

:confused::confused: Da fuq? That's like trying to eat lasagna with your ear. Makes no damn sense.

I am not dissing Obama. I like some of the issues he is attacking and how he is approaching it. I actually think that some of what he isn't doing is playing the game effectively, (although I'm not too sure if he will win at all). However as of late I am not hearing what I am looking forward to. But I guess that might be because of the coverage on the VP pick ...
... I am thinking about which candidate will make life for my child better but part of the game now, (for me at least), is how this game is being played below the national level. But I honestly think if every minority votes for a candidate not Republican or Democratic, but for another who is about the right issues that would make a huge change.

The right issues, namely ... ?

I don't think Obama per se is the lesser of two evils, but his party I'm not so sure. I don't think he is the type of person who would be used by the party and he stands on his principals; I like this.
Let me reiterate I like Obama and his stance. I have been hearing his take on certain issues before his presidential race started and has made some very great points. However I am more wary now of the consequences of his election that I might have been before. Could this be why there are certain things I have not heard of from him of late? Is there something else I am missing? :confused:

:roflmao3::roflmao3:... sorry. i don't mean to be condescending, but this cracked me up. :lol:

Do I plan to take action? Yes, as soon as I see I am in the correct place to do so. Perhaps my expectations are too much.

From my experience,you will never do something if u keep waiting until you are in the "correct place". Act now!

If I had to choose today I probably would vote for Obama. Although I am afraid of what would happen should he be elected. Afraid of situations not of his own doing, but by the doing of others.

So you aint gon' vote for Obama because you're scared? More scared, or rather, scarederer than the prospect of McCain winning? :hmm:

Some of us tried to ignore this Owl...:rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

:lol: yeah right Swat. :lol:

... nothing short of a bloodbath revolution will invoke any CHANGE here. The govt has gone rogue.

Revolutions come and go.
The only constant thing in life is change.

Last edited:

kjxxxx

Star
Registered
All you folks posting are Obama supporters and it doesn't matter who he chose you would have had something negative to say about it.

What the fuck you all think this is politics stuff is? When did you all believe it was a nice game? When did you all think that people don't do what ever it takes to win?

You guys are putting the man down for making the same decision that Obama considered.

I am rather disappointed that no one feels the lady who has done a great job for her state and have proven herself in the party is not qualified. I have listened to this lady speak over the years and she is very eloquent and passionate when she speaks. She is definitely someone in the party that proudly represents the party and that the party can stand behind even more so that McCain on fundamental Republican issues. There is very few people in the party that can say they have as clean a record as she does.

The people who have posted before mostly vote Democrat, so I don't expect a objective look at the situation.

Obama had the opportunity to have a woman on his ticket and he goes around talking about uniting the country and he could not get over the difference between he and Hillary to unite the party. He could have shut shit down with Hillary on the ticket.

Last edited:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When someone says something that works let me know.

Obama cannot afford to reveal certain plans 'ahead of time' if he wants to win. :smh: so I believe he is SAVING alot of substantive policy 'specifics' for the one-on-one debates with McCain in the future.

Once he 'tips his hand' the Republicans will go on the attack:
1. First they will try to criticize / debunk any solid ideas.
2. While trying to steal them at the same time so that they can claim they 'came up with the idea first'. :rolleyes:

They are like those students who 'peek over your shoulder' to cheat on an exam... :rolleyes:

IMO, if you are looking for something 'that works for you' you should definitely tune-in once they take the stage together.

Stay tuned. :cool:

kjxxxx

Star
Registered
One more thing. Republicans have been making historic moves since emancipation proclamation.

Bush has more minorities and women in prominent positions than any of he predecessors. He has given more money to African countries and predecessors. It seems when the Republicans put any minority in a prominent position the Democratic minded people always try to discredit the person like the person is not qualified for the position.

Democrats had an opportunity to make history on two fronts and they chose not to do it. They chose to do it with the black president and not with the female VP.

So its good for the Democrats to make history but not good for the Republicans?

Oh yeah. I am not going to post anymore on this; At least not in this section of BGOL.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Cleo, just out of curiosity, did you take ROTC in high school?

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One more thing. Republicans have been making historic moves since emancipation proclamation.

Bush has more minorities and women in prominent positions than any of he predecessors. He has given more money to African countries and predecessors. It seems when the Republicans put any minority in a prominent position the Democratic minded people always try to discredit the person like the person is not qualified for the position.

Democrats had an opportunity to make history on two fronts and they chose not to do it. They chose to do it with the black president and not with the female VP.

So its good for the Democrats to make history but not good for the Republicans?

Oh yeah. I am not going to post anymore on this; At least not in this section of BGOL.

You have to understand that this is politics. Today's Democrats aren't the Democrats OUR parents taught us to love. These fuckers are all about political gain, and will cut whoever throat if you get in their way. The fact of the matter is this, Obama was scared to choose Hilary because he was looking at poll numbers. That tells me that he is more worried about his image then doing the right thing. That's the recipe of a ONE term president...

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
Obama cannot afford to reveal certain plans 'ahead of time' if he wants to win. :smh: so I believe he is SAVING alot of substantive policy 'specifics' for the one-on-one debates with McCain in the future.

Once he 'tips his hand' the Republicans will go on the attack:
1. First they will try to criticize / debunk any solid ideas.
2. While trying to steal them at the same time so that they can claim they 'came up with the idea first'. :rolleyes:

They are like those students who 'peek over your shoulder' to cheat on an exam... :rolleyes:

IMO, if you are looking for something 'that works for you' you should definitely tune-in once they take the stage together.

Stay tuned. :cool:

You niggas keep thinking that. HAHAHAHA.

Kjx-whatever has some valid points. However, it's "Two legs bad, four legs good" on this side.