Washington, DC & Surrounding Areas (the goodole DMV)

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
The black woman there werent all that much different then pittsburghs, get over it. Even tho i was there only for a day the h street festival gave me a big taste of what dc woman were like. I like the faact that you guys dress your fucking asses off and the nice wide variety of culture but that city fucking stinks, made downtown pittsburgh smell like an air freshner. Also nice to see black people working out 6am in the morning outside. My dc mistress was the only woman worth taking pics of.

a. black folks arent really fucking with the h street festival like that cuz well most black folks dont fuck with h street. thats basically white hipster zone. i like a few spots out there but for the most part nah...

b. and like i said if that pic was what u found in dc...and decided to post... well that speaks for itself homie.

c. dc and most east coast cities (atl, ny, philly, mia) shit on pittsburgh all day. no offense to yall.

4North1Side2

Rising Star
Registered
a. black folks arent really fucking with the h street festival like that cuz well most black folks dont fuck with h street. thats basically white hipster zone. i like a few spots out there but for the most part nah...

b. and like i said if that pic was what u found in dc...and decided to post... well that speaks for itself homie.

c. dc and most east coast cities (atl, ny, philly, mia) shit on pittsburgh all day. no offense to yall.

Didn't know ATL and MIA would considered east coast cities now days. :puke: Philly women, majority of beautiful Philly women are transplants. I refuse to believe that H street is considered hipster zone, it was hood when I went. I'm returning again soon, I'm trying to see all the places mentioned in this thread.

CoopCoop83

https://bit.ly/dcscrypto
Registered
Homie aint lying...H St. changed....it's completely a white hipster little area now..lls...and I'm from the DMV....#LARGO represent...

www.soundcloud.com/coopdville

956869.jpg

4North1Side2

Rising Star
Registered
if u want some context on whats going on u can do ur own research.
start here: http://www.afro.com/sections/news/Washington/story.htm?storyid=72671

and believe what u want but whatever u do jus take some better pics next time around. i really gotta wonder what made u snap a flick of that ugly white chick.:smh:

:( That sucks. That was a black woman by the way. I'm back this Saturday checking out club Love. I'll check out the other spots mentioned in this thread during the day.

4North1Side2

Rising Star
Registered
love is garbage now. hoodrat city. has been for some time now.

Nevermind, checked out some youtube videos and that ain't the spot for me. Thanks, what about Patty Boom Boom's? Any recommendations for hip hop spots for the grown and sexy. I see Love doesn't even have a dress code so that's a huge red flag right there.

Last edited:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Nevermind, checked out some youtube videos and that ain't the spot for me. Thanks, what about Patty Boom Boom's? Any recommendations for hip hop spots for the grown and sexy. I see Love doesn't even have a dress code so that's a huge red flag right there.

see post #135

phillyblack12

Support BGOL
Registered
DC is crazy this weekend with the Deltas in town for their founder's day--went to Park last night---wow--every spot in the city is a good look this weekend I hear

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone know what's going on in DC the weekend of Feb. 1-3? Need at least a Saturday event and a good semi-formal dining spot. Thanks in advance...

CoopCoop83

Registered
Bump...Georgia Brown's is okay....hit up that Zora Neale Hurston restaurant across from Bus Boys and Poets...they have some good stuff there too...
abd-159.gif

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
Bump...Georgia Brown's is okay....hit up that Zora Neale Hurston restaurant across from Bus Boys and Poets...they have some good stuff there too...
abd-159.gif

Yeah, Georgia Browns has a great lunch and decent dinner. Not familiar with the Zora Neale restaurant. Is on 14th or K?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoopCoop83

Registered
14th street...directly across from the bookstore inside bus boys and poets....the mussels and friend chicken there are on point....I also heard the catfish and grits is on point as well....

phillyblack12

Support BGOL
Registered
hearing a lot of buss about this joint coming up on Friday-

https://www.facebook.com/events/403195116426350/

calling all Capital City Kinfolx! Wud it do D.C? Grits & Biscuits here…back atcha for more Dirty South hip hoppin and booty droppin!!!

From ‘All Gold Everything’ to 2 Chainz to 2 Live Crew, we’ll be sweatin out perms and burning thigh muscles (at the same d@mn time)!

E.Z.Mo Breezy Presents GRITS & BISCUITS: A Dirty South Set D.C. Edition - Part IV

Who: DJ Square Biz, You and Yo mufuggin clique
What: GRITS & BISCUITS – D.C. Edition
When: Friday, January 18, 2013 @ 9pm
Where: The Fillmore – 8656 Colesville Road, Silver Springs, MD
Why: Professional neTWERKin

Better believe Grits & Biscuits will be all the way turnt up with folx traveling by train, plane and donkey to put in twerk! See y’all on the dance flo!!!

Advanced tickets for the Grits & Biscuits DC are now sold out. There will be a limited amount of tickets available at the door and throughout the night, as capacity allows. Must be 21+ for entry

#gritsandbiscuits
@EZMoBreezy
www.gritsandbiscuits.com

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hearing a lot of buss about this joint coming up on Friday-

https://www.facebook.com/events/403195116426350/

calling all Capital City Kinfolx! Wud it do D.C? Grits & Biscuits here…back atcha for more Dirty South hip hoppin and booty droppin!!!

From ‘All Gold Everything’ to 2 Chainz to 2 Live Crew, we’ll be sweatin out perms and burning thigh muscles (at the same d@mn time)!

E.Z.Mo Breezy Presents GRITS & BISCUITS: A Dirty South Set D.C. Edition - Part IV

Who: DJ Square Biz, You and Yo mufuggin clique
What: GRITS & BISCUITS – D.C. Edition
When: Friday, January 18, 2013 @ 9pm
Where: The Fillmore – 8656 Colesville Road, Silver Springs, MD
Why: Professional neTWERKin

Better believe Grits & Biscuits will be all the way turnt up with folx traveling by train, plane and donkey to put in twerk! See y’all on the dance flo!!!

Advanced tickets for the Grits & Biscuits DC are now sold out. There will be a limited amount of tickets available at the door and throughout the night, as capacity allows. Must be 21+ for entry

#gritsandbiscuits
@EZMoBreezy
www.gritsandbiscuits.com

May make that run down there. That party started in brooklyn and making its way across the country..

Best party I ever been too

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
The Filmore is cool but it's standing room only ain't no place to sit down and it gets mad crowded in there quick. Was there for New Years when The Roots performed. Mad white bitches was in there.

It's about to be mad funky in there during that event I know it. :smh:

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Filmore is cool but it's standing room only ain't no place to sit down and it gets mad crowded in there quick. Was there for New Years when The Roots performed. Mad white bitches was in there.

It's about to be mad funky in there during that event I know it. :smh:

Aint no standing in that party. Just bumping and grinding

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

CoopCoop83

Registered
The halfnote lounge always has a rack of women...it's just outside of DC in Lanham, MD....my band did a show there last night...

K

kwazdog

The Legend of Cool "Disco" Dan trailer- Saturday February 23 AFI Silver Spring MD

This is the trailer for the documentary The Legend of Cool "Disco" Dan. Narrated by Henry Rollins. The world premiere will take place at 8pm on Saturday February 23 at the AFI Silver Theater located in Silver Spring Maryland.

phillyblack12

Support BGOL
Registered
Went to Bar Code this past Sunday for brunch/to watch the games--it was crazy in there--hoes was dancing on tables, chairs--might have been the best time I had in the DMV in a while--it was probably better than usual because of inauguration/MLK holiday the next day, but if it's still going on once spring/summer hits, definitely should check it out

Money Machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: The Legend of Cool "Disco" Dan trailer- Saturday February 23 AFI Silver Spring MD

What about lounges for happy hour on Fridays?

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Re: The Legend of Cool "Disco" Dan trailer- Saturday February 23 AFI Silver Spring MD

They have a panel discussion and art gallery at the Cochran Art Gallery in D.C. on Go-Go music and art tonight. I think they are still selling tickets.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
THEMAINMAN (or anyone else) going be in Arlington VA for a coupla days next week, can you recommend some nice dinning areas and spots down there?

Appreciate it!

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Need some nice lounge and dining suggestions in the Baltimore area. Am staying in the inner harbor area.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I went to DC this past weekend w my girl to hit some of the Smithsonian museums and just get out of NYC for the weekend. This was my first time in Downtown DC (passed thru and been in the burbs a few times when I was younger, but never downtown)...

We stayed at the Washington Plaza Hotel at Thomas Circle. The first room they gave us had about a dozen lil mosquitos chillin on the ceiling (they claim someone must have left the window opened, but they looked un-openable to me) and smelled like cheap cologne, so we asked for another room and they accommodated us (thank god). Second room was much better.

The hotel itself was pretty decent. Nice pool area (w a bar), restaurant/bar (with happy hour), gym (although I didnt actually see or use while I was there) and the service was good. The location was EXACTLY what we needed, as it was about 3 blocks from the McPherson Metro stop (2 stops from the Smithsonian Metro stop...

40512_15_b.jpg

hotel-big-img-1.jpg

40512_35_b.jpg

rooms-big-img-5.jpg

Notable places we ate: After the first museum, we took a cab down to the Wharf for some seafood. Specifically went to Captain Whites. Food was decent, but it was hella hot and the service was eh (I guess I have truly become an impatient NY'r), if I could do it over Id probably skip.

We had dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill, which was really good. Dim, chill, diverse menu (a bit seafood heavy...the grilled oysters were slammin), great drinks just a great place to have a nice dinner with a female IMO. Will def go back.

oldebbitt.jpg

images

old-ebbitt-grill-reviews-washington-dc-10.jpg

Finally, on the way back to Union Station, we stopped at Lincoln's Waffle Shop...My girl had Waffles w eggs and sausage (best waffle I ever tasted in my life, no boolchit)...I had French toast w, salmon cake (really good) and fried chicken wangs (smothered them boys in syrup). I HIGHLY recommend this spot.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg