The Rachel Maddow show was on point tonight please watch

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Easy B, why is this Russia investigation so interesting to you? Do you think there's a real chance at impeachment, that it will help Democrats electorally, that it will vindicate Hillary Clinton's 2016 loss-- what is it?

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Easy B, why is this Russia investigation so interesting to you? Do you think there's a real chance at impeachment, that it will help Democrats electorally, that it will vindicate Hillary Clinton's 2016 loss-- what is it?

Well.....I’m kinda fucking hoping that’s it. So yeah:D Hillary can eat a dick though

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know the question wasn't posed to me... but shit, this isn't about Hillary Clinton. Fuck Hillary Clinton at this point. Just look at everything Donald Trump has said and done over the past 9 years.... not even gonna go back to the 70's - 90's.... just look at how he reacted to having a black president. Political differences are one thing, but he became king birther, and from that point on he also became king of the tea party and KKK/Nazi/Redneck crowd. If nothing else, that should make anybody who isn't part of those crowds want him out, and disgraced. He took birtherism and ran with it for 8 years, even going as far as to say he had investigators digging up shit on Obama's birth certificate in Hawaii, and then just dropped it in late 2016 without so much as a "my bad". Whether or not he ever believed it, he ran with it to purposely appeal to the "confederacy".
Then all the other shit he has done since then to further endear himself to them. Dude said he saw "thousands and thousands" of people cheering in Jersey City when the towers fell on 9/11, tweeted out fake crime stats that said black people are responsible for 81% of white murders, etc, etc and so on. Don't even get me started on the aftermath of Charlottesville and the love that crowd has for him.

Anything that brings him down is good, and Mueller's investigation is at the very least something that stands a good chance of doing that, or bringing to light how dirty his team was/is. If I thought it was a witch hunt or something, I'd call it out for being that, but there's so much damn smoke I think they're finding fire.

Aside from Dick Cheney, I can't say that I actually have hated, outright hated any politician, as in wished very bad things on.... but the current president and everyone in his orbit took over that very short list, and his supporters/fans are just as bad.

Trump getting got will make bigots/KKK/Rednecks/Nazis/alt-righters extremely sad. I want to make them extremely sad. If nothing else, anyone on this site that doesn't agree with that should be shot.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know the question wasn't posed to me... but shit, this isn't about Hillary Clinton. Fuck Hillary Clinton at this point. Just look at everything Donald Trump has said and done over the past 9 years.... not even gonna go back to the 70's - 90's.... just look at how he reacted to having a black president. Political differences are one thing, but he became king birther, and from that point on he also became king of the tea party and KKK/Nazi/Redneck crowd. If nothing else, that should make anybody who isn't part of those crowds want him out, and disgraced. He took birtherism and ran with it for 8 years, even going as far as to say he had investigators digging up shit on Obama's birth certificate in Hawaii, and then just dropped it in late 2016 without so much as a "my bad". Whether or not he ever believed it, he ran with it to purposely appeal to the "confederacy".
Then all the other shit he has done since then to further endear himself to them. Dude said he saw "thousands and thousands" of people cheering in Jersey City when the towers fell on 9/11, tweeted out fake crime stats that said black people are responsible for 81% of white murders, etc, etc and so on. Don't even get me started on the aftermath of Charlottesville and the love that crowd has for him.

Anything that brings him down is good, and Mueller's investigation is at the very least something that stands a good chance of doing that, or bringing to light how dirty his team was/is. If I thought it was a witch hunt or something, I'd call it out for being that, but there's so much damn smoke I think they're finding fire.

Aside from Dick Cheney, I can't say that I actually have hated, outright hated any politician, as in wished very bad things on.... but the current president and everyone in his orbit took over that very short list, and his supporters/fans are just as bad.

Trump getting got will make bigots/KKK/Rednecks/Nazis/alt-righters extremely sad. I want to make them extremely sad. If nothing else, anyone on this site that doesn't agree with that should be shot.

my brother!! u just saved me a bunch of typing and typos !!haha:cheers::shades:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Investigation should happen, but these bias media personalities on all sides need to sit their asses down some place. Maddow been called out be folks on her own damn side.

Unfortunately, objective viewpoints won't get ratings nor will they win over the masses. It''s better to use 'click bait' titles to influence opinion because most won't read the article.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Political differences are one thing, but he became king birther, and from that point on he also became king of the tea party and KKK/Nazi/Redneck crowd. If nothing else, that should make anybody who isn't part of those crowds want him out, and disgraced. He took birtherism and ran with it for 8 years, even going as far as to say he had investigators digging up shit on Obama's birth certificate in Hawaii, and then just dropped it in late 2016 without so much as a "my bad". Whether or not he ever believed it, he ran with it to purposely appeal to the "confederacy".
I am sure Russia is behind his continued dedication to the Birther movement. And I am willing to bet that eventually we will find out that Russia co-opted the Tea Party on the grassroots level. Russia probably has been grooming Trump since the late 80’s during his first bankruptcy.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Well.....I’m kinda fucking hoping that’s it. So yeah:D Hillary can eat a dick though

Appreciate the responses.

The reason I asked Easy B specifically is that he would rather slit his wrists than type "Hillary can eat a dick" and I think a lot of Maddow's lucrative Russia-fueled ratings come from old white women (and men, but mainly women) who just don't want to admit to a failed campaign.

I don't think they are totally wrong-- Even though Hillary should have won by a margin that rendered Russian interference meaningless, it probably did have enough of an impact to flip the results.

To address your response, Crossovernegro, I've always thought the "Anything that brings him down is good" approach to Russia is flawed because this investigation cannot bring him down as long as Republicans control the House. Flipping the House in 2018 is more likely than it was six months ago but 2018 is a midterm election in which Trump will not be on the ballot. The Democratic base's main groups-- minorities and young people-- are much less likely to vote in midterms and what would get them out to make Democratic control a possibility is policy, not all this convoluted Russia shit. Democrats should definitely be pursuing the investigation but the prominence of the issue, at times overshadowing real decisions that actually impact people's lives like healthcare and taxes, makes taking Trump out less likely IMO. Until 2018, impeachment is impossible and even after, it is very unlikely. Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Trump until 2020 and I'm worried that focusing on 2016 at the expense of 2017-2020 is going to extend that "stuck with" date to 2024.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree that impeachment is extremely unlikely at this time. ...but indictments of people in his inner circle will be enough for the short term, and hopefully some convictions or guilty pleas in the not far off term. I've said before on here that I could see Trump take his ball and go home if the heat gets too too hot near him. Jared or Don Jr. getting popped could do this. I'm not saying that's likely, but I do think it's more likely than the house starting impeachment proceedings. I want him disgraced though, even if he manages to stay in office due to the make-up of the house of reps, I want him to be irreparably damaged; damaged to the point that his party knows they fucked up badly by protecting him.

Appreciate the responses.

The reason I asked Easy B specifically is that he would rather slit his wrists than type "Hillary can eat a dick" and I think a lot of Maddow's lucrative Russia-fueled ratings come from old white women (and men, but mainly women) who just don't want to admit to a failed campaign.

I don't think they are totally wrong-- Even though Hillary should have won by a margin that rendered Russian interference meaningless, it probably did have enough of an impact to flip the results.

To address your response, Crossovernegro, I've always thought the "Anything that brings him down is good" approach to Russia is flawed because this investigation cannot bring him down as long as Republicans control the House. Flipping the House in 2018 is more likely than it was six months ago but 2018 is a midterm election in which Trump will not be on the ballot. The Democratic base's main groups-- minorities and young people-- are much less likely to vote in midterms and what would get them out to make Democratic control a possibility is policy, not all this convoluted Russia shit. Democrats should definitely be pursuing the investigation but the prominence of the issue, at times overshadowing real decisions that actually impact people's lives like healthcare and taxes, makes taking Trump out less likely IMO. Until 2018, impeachment is impossible and even after, it is very unlikely. Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Trump until 2020 and I'm worried that focusing on 2016 at the expense of 2017-2020 is going to extend that "stuck with" date to 2024.