The Case of Cyntoia Brown, Who Murdered a Man as Teen After Being Forced Into Prostitution

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not familiar with the Malaika Griffin case. How does it compare? Similar out comes? Similar demographics?
Just that no one saw her do it. Apparently she had to tell them she did it. It does not seem like a murder then you clean up the crime scene and it turns into a cold case.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I gotta wonder if you guys would be this sympathetic if the victim had been your father, brother, son, best friend, etc. Ya'll don't seem to think this guy's life had any value to anyone. He's dead and someone has to pay for that. I think 5 decades is a bit harsh. But I can assure you that if my loved one was blown away like that I'd be pissed if the killer got painted as a poor, pitiful, victim that simply didn't know any better because of her fucked up history. I do believe that a lot of black criminality is due to racism and systemic mistreatment by whites but I still think all those victim/perpetrators need to be locked up. Virtually every black person in this country has been mistreated by white people but the vast majority of us don't run out and commit crimes as a reaction to that mistreatment. My issue with this fucked up justice system has never been locking up too many blacks. The problem is not locking up enough whites that commit the same damn crimes!
Completely agree, the dude is a victim of course, my argument is just that 51 yrs I'm sure they push more of us into those sentences than if a Becky was in the same situation.

BUT, at the same time, you do the crime, you pay the time. He was 43 buying pussy from a minor, whether he knew her age or not, most likely she lied and said she was 18.

You bringing someone in the crib, showing guns off and all that, that's a complete stranger in your home. You woke yourself up to getting got, period.

Game recognize game

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She had gun on her and killed the trick, but not the pimp?

Tough to call this one, but I think her circumstances should have gotten her some leniency
It's called psychological manipulation.

Defendant should receive leniency, without question.
I was thinking the same thing. But it looks like this one played out the same way that chick in Florida that the movie Monster (2003)was made about, did. The prostitute started killing the tricks and not the real source of her pain. I'd support letting her out if she killed the pimp. But damn, does the trick deserve death just because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Someone has to pay for that lost life as well.
Does the girl deserve life because she snapped on a trick due to being lured into sex trafficking?

Retribution can be messy. No more chaotic than the path her life took to get there. Unfortunate, but understandable.

I don't want her out in the world either...

Lord only knows how many different ways she can be triggered after a history like that
There are those free much more dangerous to society...they are called potential white male mass shooters.
Who is to say the trick even knew how old she was? Shoot the fucking pimp if you really a victim.

She had a gun? Wouldn't surprise me if they were jacking tricks. Jacked tricks ain't coming forward because they don't want to be ...wait for it...here it comes....it's coming...actually going to type it...'victim shamed/blamed' and lose respect or their families.

She didn't mace him. Didn't even use a knife or razor. She had a fucking .40 on her. Pimp was named 'cut throat' and she packed a .40. Sounds like quite the fucking team. :eek:
If you are REALLY a victim, the pimp is the last person to think to shoot.
Some of you can't be Black folk born and raised in America. Just smh @ supporting the wonderful state of Tennessee locking her up for at least 51 years. What kind of dumbass can't tell they're fucking an underage chick especially a girl her size at that time? With a pimp like hers, it's easier to strike out at softer targets aka her tricks than the source of her troubles, aka her pimp who had her mentally chained. Why do you think we CONSTANTLY fight and accuse each other for problems brought on by Jim Crow type system we live in right now?
Famo, talk to 'em.:smh:
I gotta wonder if you guys would be this sympathetic if the victim had been your father, brother, son, best friend, etc. Ya'll don't seem to think this guy's life had any value to anyone. He's dead and someone has to pay for that. I think 5 decades is a bit harsh. But I can assure you that if my loved one was blown away like that I'd be pissed if the killer got painted as a poor, pitiful, victim that simply didn't know any better because of her fucked up history. I do believe that a lot of black criminality is due to racism and systemic mistreatment by whites but I still think all those victim/perpetrators need to be locked up. Virtually every black person in this country has been mistreated by white people but the vast majority of us don't run out and commit crimes as a reaction to that mistreatment. My issue with this fucked up justice system has never been locking up too many blacks. The problem is not locking up enough whites that commit the same damn crimes!
Yeah, I am thinking about that.

Let's just be honest, tricking carries this risk.

If my father, uncles, friends, or myself, know this, then, that's the game.

She got a raw deal. We all know it. She should have gone to a mental ward and been let out with mandatory therapy.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
There are those free much more dangerous to society...they are called potential white male mass shooters.
I want them white boys away from the world too...
put them all in mental hospitals -
but the gov't defunded mental health facilities - to keep nuts on the streets or in prison

either way that girl needs to be in mental health facility before being reintroduced to society

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Does the girl deserve life because she snapped on a trick due to being lured into sex trafficking?

Retribution can be messy. No more chaotic than the path her life took to get there. Unfortunate, but understandable.

She got a raw deal. We all know it. She should have gone to a mental ward and been let out with mandatory therapy.

It's funny. When young cats are offered drugs to sell for gangs and end up catching a body, folks want them in jail. What if a cat was 16 and selling drugs and was armed. Your family goes to buy drugs from him. The cat says your fam was reaching for a gun and shoots him in the head. Would you care that the cat was 16 and pumping drugs for a gang?

This person pulled a .40 out her purse and the only other person knows what really happened is dead. Like I said, wouldn't surprise me if this were a robbery gone wrong.

Shits all fun and games until a person loses a family member to homicide. People don't come back from oblivion.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's funny. When young cats are offered drugs to sell for gangs and end up catching a body, folks want them in jail. What if a cat was 16 and selling drugs and was armed. Your family goes to buy drugs from him. The cat says your fam was reaching for a gun and shoots him in the head. Would you care that the cat was 16 and pumping drugs for a gang?

This person pulled a .40 out her purse and the only other person knows what really happened is dead. Like I said, wouldn't surprise me if this were a robbery gone wrong.

Shits all fun and games until a person loses a family member to homicide. People don't come back from oblivion.
Exactly. This feels like another case of "she's just too cute and adorable to be doing all that time". I wonder if celebrities would have reached out if she looked like Gabourey Sidibe? If people want to paint this woman as a victim of circumstances then I agree, every kid in a gang out there banging can claim the same defense. Lots of kids come from fucked up home lives, orphanages, foster homes and when they kill someone they simply have to do their time. Funny how I've seen the "abused child" defense play out for women and crackas. I don't think I've ever seen a black or latino male get to use that. Its looking like that NY jogger that got murdered by the black guy will likely get the book thrown at him and he clearly rode the short bus. Any thoughts on this case? https://nypost.com/2017/02/05/police-id-suspect-in-slain-jogger-case/

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I'm not convinced she's crazy. Damaged, yes. Crazy, hmmm....:hmm::hmm::hmm:

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
Life? No. But she definitely has a measure culpability. To completely absolve her because of the abuse inflicted by another isn’t all that logical. Let’s be real here, pimps ain’t advertising their hoes as underaged. So does the man deserve some type of punishment for second a minor? Yeah but as she doesn’t deserve life he didn’t deserve death.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ya'll don't seem to think this guy's life had any value to anyone.
This "guy" bought a human. He paid an underage girl to have sex, that makes him a pedophile, a perpetuator of sex trafficking of minors, and a statutory rapist.

But years after his death you online arguing for the value of his life?!

I'm thew wit u

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This "guy" bought a human. He paid an underage girl to have sex, that makes him a pedophile, a perpetuator of sex trafficking of minors, and a statutory rapist.

I'm thew wit u

How did he know she was underage? Do you know what a pedo is? Seriously. The definition? Because twerk team been posted on BGOL since 2008. According to bios, those chicks weren't of age at that time. I'm guessing a lot of BGOL pedos stand to be exposed. :eek:

The truth is females can lie about their age and fool men. That's why folks out here demanding two forms of ID. They're smart.

Since the board is public, members might want to delete any support for the twerk team if they were really underage back then. :eek:

Fuck sexual predators. Anyone specifically targeting underage girls needs the time. But how old was Twerksum when she was blowing up the board?

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
what about the poor guy that tries to date?
she ain't going to walk a block without dudes coming at her
at this point, she might be scarred for life in reference to men. because of the type of men in her life. i wouldn't surprised if she was gay.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I'm thew wit u
So you're good with random people being judge, jury and executioner huh...I'm done with you as well. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Read the first page of posts-- Lots of sympathy for the "trick," not enough for the child being sex trafficked.

Two wrongs don't make a right and locking underprivileged children up for longer than they were alive and "free" is more criminal than any action described in this thread.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered

Exactly. This feels like another case of "she's just too cute and adorable to be doing all that time". I wonder if celebrities would have reached out if she looked like Gabourey Sidibe? If people want to paint this woman as a victim of circumstances then I agree, every kid in a gang out there banging can claim the same defense. Lots of kids come from fucked up home lives, orphanages, foster homes and when they kill someone they simply have to do their time. Funny how I've seen the "abused child" defense play out for women and crackas. I don't think I've ever seen a black or latino male get to use that. Its looking like that NY jogger that got murdered by the black guy will likely get the book thrown at him and he clearly rode the short bus. Any thoughts on this case? https://nypost.com/2017/02/05/police-id-suspect-in-slain-jogger-case/

The trauma of prostitution is far greater than being "offered drugs to sell for gangs."

rage

International
International Member
She's just a young girl,she must've been scared.Being raped is not just a physical assault the psychological trauma is just as bad and most women can't live the same life afterwards let alone a young person of her age.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
She had gun on her and killed the trick, but not the pimp?

Tough to call this one, but I think her circumstances should have gotten her some leniency

Yea, kinda take it out on the wrong person. Go kill the pimp too and maybe you’ll get some leniency. Seriously, system is fucked up. Shoulda killed his ass for wanting to fuck a child.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

You kinda got a point but if any kin likes to fuck underage kids then I say they asked for a bullet. You wouldn’t want nobody fucking your child so I think he got what he deserved but you right. His filthy ass was somebody’s loved one. He just liked fucking underage girls. Which got him killed.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Lots of kids come from fucked up home lives, orphanages, foster homes and when they kill someone they simply have to do their time. Funny how I've seen the "abused child" defense play out for women and crackas. I don't think I've ever seen a black or latino male get to use that.

A lot of truth to the whole post, but especially this. I can only imagine the young black men who have suffered similar childhood traumas currently doing football numbers for lesser crimes looking at this crazy.

threau

Star
BGOL Investor
she should of never been trialed as a Adult but all they saw was a dead white man and somebody was gonna have to pay for that. Look what’s going on in the news now these cacs in the south don’t care about fucking with underage children

Reactions: Jae

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Granted, the scenario you speak of happens.

Sex workers team up with their pimps to rob tricks every day, I just don't get that vibe in this particular scenario.

I respect and understand your stance.

And I feel the same about the young bloods on the corner, too. Yeah, it would hurt to know they didnt value my family member's life, but I understand the blurred line of personal responsibility inside the system of white insecurity...retribution can get messy.
I'm not convinced she's crazy. Damaged, yes. Crazy, hmmm....:hmm::hmm::hmm:

No, no, no.

It's either the ward or prison...those are the options. They ain't settin' her free.

Once she dinishes time at a mental institution, she can then get mandatory therapy.

She may not be looney bin crazy, but she is psychologically damaged. She is clinically crazy.

Her development has been arrested.

Last edited:

mark115

Rising Star
Registered
She shot the jon in the back of the head while he was sleeping and people somehow think this is self defense ?:dunno:

Completely agree, the dude is a victim of course, my argument is just that 51 yrs I'm sure they push more of us into those sentences than if a Becky was in the same situation.

BUT, at the same time, you do the crime, you pay the time. He was 43 buying pussy from a minor, whether he knew her age or not, most likely she lied and said she was 18.

You bringing someone in the crib, showing guns off and all that, that's a complete stranger in your home. You woke yourself up to getting got, period.

Game recognize game

Death is not the penalty for soliciting a prostitute.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She's crazy but has a side to her where she gets off on getting over on people which makes her dangerous in my eyes

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Death is not the penalty for soliciting a prostitute.
I said that? Reread what I wrote about bringing a stranger in your crib, showing off your guns, falling asleep, so he got got.

He was dumb and she caught him slipping. Period

Has nothing to do with being a prostitute. You think cause yall fucked, yall bosom buddies?

Ok...
::Jay-Z voice::

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
I said that? Reread what I wrote about bringing a stranger in your crib, showing off your guns, falling asleep, so he got got.

He was dumb and she caught him slipping. Period

Has nothing to do with being a prostitute. You think cause yall fucked, yall bosom buddies?

Ok...
::Jay-Z voice::
So because he showed up his guns ...the consequence was getting killed in his sleep?