• 48941315.jpg

yahoo_logo_75x26.png

Steve Harvey's Racist Joke Garners Backlash
Yahoo

Autoplay: On | Off
Brett Bodner
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, January 12, 2017, 11:40 AM

Steve Harvey is once again making headlines for the wrong reasons.

The comedian is getting heat for comments he made about Asian men during his the “Steve Harvey Show” on Friday.

During the show, Harvey showed a book cover from 2002 called “How to Date a White Woman: A Practical Guide for Asian Men.” After he showed the audience, he turned to them and made controversial comments.

“Excuse me, do you like Asian men?” Harvey said. “No, thank you.”

Steve Harvey to host Miss Universe 2016 after last year’s blunder

42nd-annual-daytime-emmy-awards-show.jpg

Steve Harvey is under fire for making offensive remarks about Asian men during his show on Friday.
(Chris Pizzello/Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)
He then said if there was a book called “How to Date a Black Woman: A Practical Guide [for] Asian Men,” it would be one page.

“You like Asian men? I don’t even like Chinese food. It don’t stay with you no time. I don’t eat what I can’t pronounce,” Harvey added.

The comedian, who is set to host “Miss Universe 2016” in the Philippines — of all places, continued to laugh at himself throughout the bit as he joked about the datability of Asian men.

YouTube users have been highly critical of Harvey in the comments section of the video showing Harvey’s jokes.

Steve Harvey, Original Kings of Comedy honor Bernie Mac

Some have described the video as a “cringefest” and one asked “What the everloving f--- is wrong with him??”

The comedian has yet to comment on the backlash.

His rep did not return an email from the Daily News seeking comment.