RIP Smoove2k6..I love you!

badboyyawdie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:( RIP....

Beautiful....:eek::(
The value of the wine is in the bottle.

The legacy he left and the lives he touched is what made him who he is.

There is no life without death, transfiguration...... and the impact we make while we are here gives us life forever through the thoughts and memories we leave.

There is no death, energy is neither created nor destroyed. Today his energy will still be felt.

We are all a piece of him, all of humanity. Love the live he lived, we are all but passing through.

I pray we are all at peace when that time comes for all of us.

He would want you to keep the life he lived in remembrance and not his death.

Celebrate his life.

Don't give death power, claim it back.

This written by a man who lost his father, whose father never got a chance to see his seed blossom.
I'm still trying to make him proud, living the way he would want me too and that is his legacy.
I don't grieve for his passing but rather thank him for the sacrifice he made to show me another way of life.........

We can only live to put our own brick upon the wall of life........

Be strong for his kids and your kids sake, that is what he would want.

Travel light

Bless.

Kaya.

harlem1nyc

Star
Registered
Give what he gave to you, to your children. What he left you with, physically and mentally is priceless. My heart to you!

Harlem!

Geritol

Potential Star
Platinum Member
Dear Femme: Condolences from my family to yours. And most of all, thank you for honoring his memory in such a positive way. You're blessed to have shared your life with him. There is hope for us black men. I hope you have extended family nearby to be by you in this time of grief. Don't go thru this alone, it's not easy. Use all the help that is offered.

Now to the fellas:

1. Do you have life insurance? Get one now, shit call Prudential/Geico or whomever. Just fucking call!
2. When was the last time you told wifey/gf/so you love them? Do so NOW and just hug'em.
3. Shit, just go on and hug ya kids. Do so in memory of Smoove!!!

Thnx y'all.

evolution81

POPO
BGOL Investor
RIP...i know what it is to lose a best friend..mines was taken from me in a bike accident...we were friends since jhs....i know what it is to just talk to someone and then boom theyre gone...you have to go on with your life and realize the only thing promised is death and taxes....

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
i just realized what this thread was...

my DEEPEST condolences baby girl. i pray you can find peace as i am sure brother smoove will. be blessed, keep your head up.

DarkVoid

The Devil you wish you didn't know.
OG Investor
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, his spirit will forever live on in you and your children. Rest In Peace Smoove.

onyxfemme

Punk Ass Decepticons!
BGOL Investor
This is too much....I cant go to the funeral...He would not want a open casket, when he was so damaged...He would not want that. His mom wont not listen.
I cant deal with this.....

This is too much....I cant go to the funeral...He would not want a open casket, when he was so damaged...He would not want that. His mom wont not listen.

Maybe they just want to see his face one last time regardless of the condition?

You gotta go Onyx cuz the kids need you there as their strength and you need to say goodbye as well so you can begin healing

*hugs* Sis

You're a strong woman and you will get through this

bluskyII

Star
Registered
How am I going to go to this funeral? I am sick at the stomach. I am sorry for venting on BGOL...I have no where else to vent to.
The body that will be there is NOT my man..Only a shell.
I have so many emotions........so many...I think I am loosing my mind.

I know it's not easy. I don't know your faith, but based on mine, "Get Down On Your Knees and Pray To The Man Up Stairs."

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered

I can understand not wanting to go, especially if you feel the service will be against his wishes. If you don't go I hope you do something special to honor him that day. If you have a change of heart and decide to go it might bring some closure to the situation and actually make you feel better. You'd be around a bunch of people that know and love him. Maybe that experience can help you and them. Some funerals are very sad, but I would hope in this case they conduct things in a more upbeat manner. Sure there will be tears, but that's OK. Losing someone hurts. It's not an easy thing to deal with, but as time goes on the healing continues. Either way it's up to you. You will decide what to do about going or not. You will also decide how to remember and honor him from this point forward. Best of luck and may God continue to bless you, your family, and his...

onyxfemme

Punk Ass Decepticons!
BGOL Investor
I have giving this a lot of thought. I was the on his speaker phone when the truck crashed into him. I heard his last words. Why did God make me the one to hear this I don't know. But I do know this-he suffered major head trauma. I know that his head was split open and he was not in good shape. He said repeatedly that he didn't like funerals because he didn't want to remember the person that way. So why his mom is insisting on a open casket is beyond me. Me nor his ex wife will be attending. I can not go to the funeral but I will have my own memorial for him. My own way.

I have giving this a lot of thought. I was the on his speaker phone when the truck crashed into him. I heard his last words. Why did God make me the one to hear this I don't know. But I do know this-he suffered major head trauma. I know that his head was split open and he was not in good shape. He said repeatedly that he didn't like funerals because he didn't want to remember the person that way. So why his mom is insisting on a open casket is beyond me. Me nor his ex wife will be attending. I can not go to the funeral but I will have my own memorial for him. My own way.

But sis dont you think he would want you there??:( And how about the kids, wouldnt he want them there and dont they want to be there??

Maybe you can go and not look in the casket??

And you hearing his last words is very fitting .. consider it a gift

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
But sis dont you think he would want you there??:( And how about the kids, wouldnt he want them there and dont they want to be there??

Maybe you can go and not look in the casket??

And you hearing his last words is very fitting .. consider it a gift

Excellent points Lone.

OK. Well do your thing. I still think you should go, but if you stick with this decision I can understand. Funerals are not fun at all, but they are a part of life. I've skipped a funeral myself (my cousin's baby back in '05). That was a totally different scenario, but the result was the same, I wasn't there. You have made a decision that may not be popular with many people, but if you can live with it, fine. If Smoove is cool with it, that's fine as well. I just hope that not going is something you don't end up regretting in the future. I wouldn't want you to question this decision or be upset with yourself for not being there when he was laid to rest. My questions to you are will you ask for a program and/or a description of how the funeral was? Will you visit his grave at some point?

onyxfemme

Punk Ass Decepticons!
BGOL Investor
He specifically told me and his ex wife that he would not want that. It was in his will and testiment both times he went to Iraq. He said that he would want people to remember him the way he was. I wish she would just put a picture up of him...I am still praying on this. He wouldn't want this he said he wanted a party and people celebrating what they remembered...