RIP Clyde Stubblefield (James Brown drummer)

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
He was living "around the corner" from us Chicagoans in Wisconsin from what I remember. This man was one of the foundations in the original house of funk. Infinite respect and good rest to you, Baba.
I was talking to his cousin Ike, and he told me something that fucked me up. Their family is also behind Stubbs BBQ sauce.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Every rapper, right fucking now, should be fighting for the RIGHT to pay for this man's homegoing. His family should worry about NOTHING!!!

And give the family a little something after the homegoing too...show some damn appreciation!

Shit makes no sense....without him & those Amen breaks, there is NO RAP, ELECTRONICA, HIP-HOP, R&B OR POP, for the most part.

Just makes me shake my head....we have a bad habit of taking but never taking care of our own....

Majestic Lion

fidélité à la mort
Registered
Every rapper, right fucking now, should be fighting for the RIGHT to pay for this man's homegoing. His family should worry about NOTHING!!!

And give the family a little something after the homegoing too...show some damn appreciation!

Shit makes no sense....without him & those Amen breaks, there is NO RAP, ELECTRONICA, HIP-HOP, R&B OR POP, for the most part.

I completely agree. Blessings.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

Just makes me shake my head....we have a bad habit of taking but never taking care of our own....
Don't forget about Herman Kelly.