Rest In Heaven dadirtydj...

kdubbtha1

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Damn...thanks OP. This shit hurts! I was hoping that this was a typo when I just saw this. I met John when I was in high school. He had come to my school as a substitute teacher fresh out of NYU Grad and we immediately hit it off. I was a Junior and dude came in and bagged the baddest teacher in the school at the time. He was a mentor to me and my crew but more so to myself. John was a trained actor and appeared as an extra in some major films at the time which was super star status to a bunch of kids in the hood. I was trying to get at some broad at the time and he schooled the Youngin' on some game that basically changed my life and how I dealt with women going forward. Some years ago I heard John left NJ and went back to his native Chicago and fell ill with diabetes and needed to get his legs amputated. We reconnected a few years ago and I couldn't wait to tell him that I had been inspired by being in his Drama club in HS and pursued a career in acting as well. We had a conversation a couple of years ago about this cool site that I was a member of. I thought I was schooling HIM on something as he just laughed at me and said "You Bone head. Who do you think Dadirty DJ is?" That was a cool moment. I lost my uncle Saturday who was another mentor of mine and thought about calling John to check in on him as I did every now and again only to get the news here. I always wondered that since I didn't have his family's direct info how would I know if anything happened to him. Thank god for this forum and kdubbtha1 for posting it. Ironically we've never met or spoken yet we have similar experiences and memories of a great brother. The DJ community lost a great DJ, the Alpha's lost a good brother and BGOL lost a great member and OG. R.I.P John.
I honestly forgot about his acting career he told me about. Dude the STORIES he had about his college days, he could have wrote a best seller about bro. The people he met and partied with was like watching Charlie Murphy explain about Rick James.

kdubbtha1

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Dirty was also part of the musical family The Wootens. You just never know who you will meet up with online.
I can honestly say that he, DWBass and Blaq were the reasons why my music collection has grown exponentially.
Even though we're never met, I will truly miss DaDirtyDJ and his collection of jazz and hip hop. Good people, great poster, good friend

REST IN PARADISE

Yes he was. His brother still produces music. Sum years ago we had a lock down in his mini mansion out in Indiana. Shit was NICE. And the last time i went by his house, I saw his music collection and can say he could have listened to cd's for 3 or four lifetimes and still wouldn't be done....

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Yes he was. His brother still produces music. Sum years ago we had a lock down in his mini mansion out in Indiana. Shit was NICE. And the last time i went by his house, I saw his music collection and can say he could have listened to cd's for 3 or four lifetimes and still wouldn't be done....

We shared so much music over the years, I can't imagine ever listening to it all
He was damn sure good at pulling out some cat whom I had NEVER heard of and making them a household name. Marcus Miller to name just one. His family for another

I offer you my deepest condolences my brotha. Cats like him don't come along every day.

kdubbtha1

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
We shared so much music over the years, I can't imagine ever listening to it all
He was damn sure good at pulling out some cat whom I had NEVER heard of and making them a household name. Marcus Miller to name just one. His family for another

I offer you my deepest condolences my brotha. Cats like him don't come along every day.

Thank you sir. Just to read some of you all's comments brightened up my day. Music is a common factor in my life and was in his. I'm sure he didn't wait to get to the music if heaven has a band... :ipod:

kdubbtha1

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
If anyone here is interested in coming to the funeral that is close to Chicago, it will be on Saturday, March 21st at 12pm at the Greater Harvest Missionary Baptist Church on 5141 S. State St. Come celebrate this man's life....

Blaq

Boss Soul
OG Investor
Just got word from Run of DJ's passing and wanted to offer my condolences. I'm truly at a loss for words. I've never met DJ offline but will always remember him as a very thoughtful and giving kat. This is a such a huge loss. Rest in peace, DJ. You will definitely not be forgotten, brotha.

Naraku

Rising Star
Registered
You definitely will be missed.:(

2ihy1sp.jpg

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn..I remember him also..we even traded a few joints in the music threads. He was a cool dude always willing to come through with a request if he had it in his collection.:( R.I.P my brotha

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Leave the board for a couple of days and come back to this. As TEN said I haven't gotten passed Shane's passing now this.

I remember me beefing on here one time and he inboxed me and "mama don't stoop to that level, that's not who you are..." I said thanks and left the arguing alone...that time.
Rest in Paradise

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Leave the board for a couple of days and come back to this. As TEN said I haven't gotten passed Shane's passing now this.

I remember me beefing on here one time and he inboxed me and "mama don't stoop to that level, that's not who you are..." I said thanks and left the arguing alone...that time.
Rest in Paradise
*HUG* short lady

I didn't know the man, but loss makes me think ahead to my own death & reflect on my life now. :(

We never know when it will ALL be over, brothers. Death can literally be moments away. Spend time with those that mean the most to you. Invest time & energy where it is most appreciated, valued, & reciprocated. Life is too short & precious to waste it on petty people or situations.

Life is finite and time is fleeting.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
*HUG* short lady

I didn't know the man, but loss makes me think ahead to my own death & reflect on my life now. :(

We never know when it will ALL be over, brothers. Death can literally be moments away. Spend time with those that mean the most to you. Invest time & energy where it is most appreciated, valued, & reciprocated. Life is too short & precious to waste it on petty people or situations.

Life is finite and time is fleeting.

:) backatcha