R.I.P Dr.Unche Anyanwu (Sean69)

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: BGOL Member Sean69 Has Died (???)

:lol::lol:

Boy, how times have changed. I'd love to get that one back.:lol:

:lol:
Man the board was humming back then.Lots of great discourse with added depth and substance. Les W (What the hell every happened to him) and Sean69 use to go at it. We grew alot from those threads and still are growing. :yes:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Man the board was humming back then.Lots of great discourse with added depth and substance. Les W (What the hell every happened to him) and Sean69 use to go at it. We grew alot from those threads and still are growing. :yes:

Hell yeah, both of them kats was on point.

Really wish we had more kats like Sean and Les. True brothers to science.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

R.I.P. BROTHER Sean69

IMAGE011-225x300.jpg

tumblr_inline_n63bmyQkw71qa7k0a.gif

giphy.gif
pour out a li'l liquor :smh:

Count23

International
International Member
Here fuckin here. I learned so much reading y'all's exchanges. He was good at leading folks to different sources to check out. I was already mad he wasn't posting and just got over it but now knowing he ISNT gonna post again really opens that back up.

I'm glad to see people archiving his shit. He was dropping real jewels. Whether you agreed with him or not, which I didn't always, you knew he had put thought into his shit.
this
Haha! Yeah that post was a few years ago. But it goes to show you the level and depth of his Intellect. Its one thing to consume knowledge but to regurgitate it back in summation with other knowledge creating a new consciousness is SPECIAL. Sean69 routinely did that! Hell there are still conversations we had via those threads, books, websites, videos etc he recommend that I'm still trying to grasp their full meaning as he saw and tried to articulate them.

As a matter of fact, I've been putting together a personal collection of all the books, websites and videos that he's recommended throughout the years in all those threads. I might just post it here as the Sean69 Collection!

add "the structure of scientific revolutions" by thomas s. kuhn, "how brains think" by william h. calvin (books that he recommended to me) and "how the mind works" by steven pinker (a book i recommended him but he happened to have already anyway :lol: )

Indeed! Neuroscience and in particular, its study of Cognitive Consciousness, became his baby and Dr. Gerald Edelman a personal hero.

:yes:

hope LesW isn't down and out either :smh:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn not my nigga sean69

Goddamn this just fucked my morning up.

This nigga used to stay talking shit about my short ass

We had all the bgol and sol ladies in the chat days

Damn man, this one right here hurts

First Shane and now big bro sean69

This shit isn't fair man.

:(

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BGOL-- 2012 changes and departures

We had many deep exchanges-- He really pushed me on scientific matters. One of my top 5 BGOL posters ever and definitely the smartest I ever encountered. I don't think I ever applied the word genius to anyone else.

I been put niggas on my nigga sean

We used to stay up all night speaking about facts and knowledge

Famo was big bro to me Fareal

Since my bgol pampers

This one Ima feel for a long time.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to Sean69

I remember our back and forth threads about the Lakers. and other things.

Rest well brother!

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
This has really been a rough year for BGOL.

I'm truly saddened to hear of this Brother passing. Brother Unche seems like a remarkable person. I'm sure that his family misses him greatly. My sincere condolences go to Sean69's friends on here.

It is beautiful how in times like these we are able to honor those of us who passed with honest appreciation. Each one of our lives has worth and intrinsic value. No matter how we might feel about various individuals, every one of us is unique and irreplaceable. The person whose views you might always disagree with is still someone's friend, sister or brother or son or daughter or parent - and is cherished by them. We are more than mere online personas. There are actual lives behind the typed words.

Would that we take this as a learning opportunity - to appreciate, uplift and honor each other more while we still draw breath.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His views on Faith...

Let's break this down:

The first part: "faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes"

Knowledge obtained through science is based on the reduction of information from observed phenomena after which the 'bits' of information are studied - their interactions and intra-actions - and then reassembled to better understand the mechanisms of the system. Or they're reorganized to make a new system. The reductionism of scientific inquiry is firmly rooted in our causal perception of nature. Our [unconscious] "faith" in the unbreakable chain of "cause and effect".

The second part: "a belief not resting on logical proof or material evidence."

Again, knowledge obtained from science doesn't proceed through "proof" of a proposition, hypothesis or theory but rather through its falsification. For example, the proposition that "God does not exists" (and hypothesis surrounding it) is unfalsifiable because no amount of [scientific] observation or experimentation can ever demonstrate its falsehood: that God exists. Consequently, this is not considered a credible scientific proposition. This, however, is not to be confused with the logical fallacy that often emerges from arguments surrounding the above proposition. The classic argumentum ad ignorantiam: The "Argument from Ignorance". "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence". "The God-of-the-gaps" argument. That the absence of a scientific explanation for a supernatural phenomenon does not constitute evidence for the existence of God.

Conversely, it's also logically incorrect to assume that because a theory explains all known relevant phenomena, it must be correct. The Big Bang Theory for example. There are no known physically observable phenomena that are inconsistent with the Big Bang theory. This by no means constitutes definitive proof that the universe actually did originate with the Big Bang. The possibility of some yet-to-be-observed phenomenon that's inconsistent with the Big Bang Theory lingers. Another notable logical fallacy is "The Argument from personal incredulity": "just because I personally don't believe it, it's not true.", or, "that's what everyone agrees it is so it must be true."
This brand of logical fallacy, very common amongst religious fundamentalists, is often disguised as faith. Recall the argument about the age of the earth.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=432851

His views on Do it Now!

Go tell your fam you love them.
Go squash all your petty beefs.
Go do some random favor for someone that least expects it.
Go spend more time with your fam and close friends, suspend the hustle for a minute.
Live for the moment because in the end that's really all we have.

My uncle died yesterday afternoon in a car accident.
His wife's mom was in the car too. She died.
He had a wife and two little kids.

I've lost two uncles in less that 2 months.
That's two sons, two brothers and two fathers.

I'm struggling right now to cling on to whatever faith I have left.
Live life.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=427219

His views on Blunt..

People who use "CAC" (or "bitch") have no more credibility than those who use "ni&&er." You can rant and rave all you want, but no one with any sense or maturity is gonna listen. You're disqualified from adult discussions until you grow up.
With your > 32,400 post count history on here?

Cracka please :rolleyes:

His Views on Seeing Clearly

Excerpt from one of my favorite websites, http://waynewirs.com/

SEEING CLEARLY

Seeing clearly.
Seeing the world as it is.
Seeing without judgment.

Schools teach us to see through the eyes of society.
Religions, through the eyes of the holy.
Family, through the eyes of our parents.
These are necessary to function in the world.
But they don’t give us a solid foundation.
A foundation built upon our own introspection.

To see clearly often means we have to forget.
Forget our past assumptions,
Our prejudices,
Our self–centeredness.
It requires us to look deep,
To open our mind,
To let go.

To see clearly brings contentment and mental harmony.
It frees us of inner conflict and doubt.
It brings with it a foundation that is solid and rooted in truths that run deep.

To see clearly brings us wisdom.

[For those that care] The download is worth it. I also recommend the book "Fading Toward Enlightenment." for those seeking to enrich/augument thier spirituality.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=415682

His views on "my character, values, beliefs and much of my personality."

Dreams_from_my_father.jpg

I immediately identified with this story in a very personal way, as I’m sure many of us have as well.

Only recently, my dad shared his story of growing up in British colonial West Africa with me. His struggles as the son of a carpenter who could barely afford to support him through high school, his perseverance through a serendipitous path through college which eventually lead him to the UK and America and a career that gave him the opportunity to experience cultures all over the world.

I was there for most of his journey, as a child, a teenager and a young adult. Those experiences along with the nurture of my family are what have formed my character, values, beliefs and much of my personality.

There is a popular mythological view of a freedom of choice derived from a presumed notion of a default equal opportunity merely due to ones existence. This sort of thinking demonstrates a very cancerous apathy and quite frankly an insidious stupidity.

Last night was the beginning of a social revolution in America and it resonated across the world. I considered myself very fortunate to be alive to witness it. As a scientist, I often cite pertinent historical references in support of my thesis and/or hypothesis. However, there’s always that one “nail in the coffin” citation that strongly validates it.

What Obama has achieved is just that. That one solid real-time reference a parent can cite when they tell their child, “you can be whatever you want to be!”

This is no longer an inspirational fable, but reality.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=321714

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor

Hey All,

We're pretty certain it's true at this point. I don't want to speak out of turn on the specifics so it's being verified at the moment...Stay tuned! But, our friend and fellow member seemed to have succumb to his fight with cancer(Thymoma) a while ago.

damn, thanks for the update.

RIP homie

Good folks from the original crew

:cool:

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Rest In Peace brother Sean69. My deep condolences to his family.

It so difficult dealing with losing members of my BGOL fam.

so very difficult.

HgrJCxi.gif