President-elect Donald Trump sworn in on his childhood Bible, Abraham Lincoln’s copy

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
President-elect Donald Trump to be sworn in on his childhood Bible, Abraham Lincoln’s copy

Cindy Woods Boyce Has anyone actually opened his bible - I am sure when they do, evil spirits will be shooting out of it, armed with self-tanner, hair spray and herpes medication!! UGH!:lol::roflmao::roflmao2:

Meg Wagner
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 1:35 PM

President-elect Donald Trump will lay his hand on two Bibles when he’s sworn in Friday: one from the 16th President of the United States and one from his mom.

The Republican will use the same Bible President Abraham Lincoln used at his first inauguration — the same one President Obama used at both of his — as well as one his mother gave him when he was just 9 years old.

“President-elect Trump is humbled to place his hand on Bibles that hold special meaning both to his family and to our country,” Presidential Inaugural Committee Chairman Tom Barrack said in a statement.

close_dark_3x.png

bible18n-5-web.jpg

(ALEXANDER GARDNER/AP)
bible18n-4-web.jpg

(KAREN BLEIER/AFP/Getty Images)
At his Friday inauguration, Donald Trump will use the Bible Abraham Lincoln 156 years before.

Trump’s mom, Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, gave him a Bible in June 1955 when he graduated from Sunday Church Primary School at First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens. The cover is embossed with his name, and inside, his mom wrote his graduation date and details about the ceremony.

Hero worship: Obama to be sworn in with Lincoln's bible

“It’s amazing,” he told Christian news service CBS News. “All written out … so I always know that it’s mine. It was special, and I open it and I look at that a lot.”

bible18n-3-web.jpg

Trump will also use his childhood bible, which was a 1955 gift from his mom.
(CBN News via Youtube)
The Lincoln Bible, bound in burgundy velvet and trimmed in gold metal, was first used in 1861, when President Lincoln took the oath of office. Obama was the first President to use it since, putting his hand on it during both his 2009 and 2013 swearing-ins.

Earlier this week, the inauguration committee announced Vice President-elect Mike Pence will use Ronald Reagan's family Bible when he’s sworn in, becoming the first person to use the Bible during an inauguration ceremony since the former President himself.

obama.jpg

President Barack Obama used the Lincoln Bible at both of his inaugurations, in 2009 (pictured) and 2013.
(JASON REED/REUTERS)
The Bible, which was also used was when Reagan was sworn in as governor of California, is being transported from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif., by former aide Andrew Littlefair. Once it arrives in Washington, it will be kept under lock and key.

With News Wire Services

Cindy Woods Boyce Has anyone actually opened his bible - I am sure when they do, evil spirits will be shooting out of it, armed with self-tanner, hair spray and herpes medication!! UGH!
Like · Reply · 103 · 1 hr
15 Replies · 14 mins

Simmy Taub
Vegas has the odds at 5:2 that when he places his hand on the Bible, he spontaneously combusts.
Like · Reply · 84 · 1 hr
3 Replies · 19 mins

Jack Ryan
"ive never read it, but ive heard great, great things." Donald Trump
Like · Reply · 114 · 1 hr
5 Replies · 8 mins

J.j. Warren Tompkins
Wow you fools, what did obama get sworn in with reverend Jeremiah s bible. Lincoln, was the best president who literally died for freedom and equality for all. Without Lincoln you wouldn't have your racist daily mail
Like · Reply · 22 mins
1 Reply

Magan Alia
Hahaha the fact that he calls himself a christian is the biggest laugh of all.
Like · Reply · 25 · 1 hr
4 Replies · 46 mins

Donna Herbert
Since he probably never read it maybe the dust cover says bible but it is actually the koran. Maybe his mother was deceptive also...lol
Like · Reply · 4 · 1 hr
1 Reply

Frederick Wigley
In other news, man allegedly steps in a puddle today in Union Square. Daily News investigators are at the scene determining if the allegations are true. The puddle's representatives are claiming the rain is to blame. The puddle would not respond to direct questioning and escaped reporters by slipping down a storm drain. More to come as this story unfolds.
Like · Reply · 10 · 1 hr
5 Replies · 3 mins

Jeff Apollo
He probably never opened a bible in his life...Now that's REAL NEWS
Like · Reply · 33 · 1 hr
7 Replies · 1 min

Fran Tuttle
His Bible? I sure it's gotten a workout over the years - what with him being so familiar with Two Corinthians and all.
Like · Reply · 7 · 1 hr

Betsey Good Olson
"In other words, on Friday Donald Trump will place his hand on a book he does not follow to make a promise he does not intend to keep to defend a document he has never read." ~~ from someone on another thread
Like · Reply · 18 mins · Edited

Joseph Miguel
Sad that such an amazing piece of history is in that scumbags hands
Like · Reply · 8 · 1 hr

Anna Callahan
I heard about this earlier today and I hope someone inspects trump's mothers FAKE bible and makes sure it hasn't been replaced with a rock hammer like the one from the film "Shawshank Redemption"