New Orleans...Holla At A Playa

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
OnIn flight to N.O right now with my lady friend.
We staying at Le Meridian. What's good in the city?
Where can I get some edibles?

daman200

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Going down there for essence fest 2017 Which Spots are must hit spots during the essence fest? Good lookin out

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Essence Festival is this weekend.

I'm in town for it now - traffic has been a bit crazy as the day goes on downtown. We hung out Friday night, ate and are now chillin at the crib tonight. Might do another day of events tomorrow and visit more family/friends. Luckily, the rain hasn't hit the city...but, this humidity is a beast!

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
there's a nice Cigar bar on bourbon street. go to acme oyster bar it closes early though. don't go to Mothers or pralines

Mothers wasnt so bad. I had the belgian waffle with peaches. Those peaches were the truth.

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
A hidden gem, Jacques imo's, for some of ya'll planning to visit New Orleans soon... my best friend and her hubby took me and my hubby out here, and there was a little wait but not nothing compared to other tourist spots/traps (i.e., Neyow's Creole Cafe, Acme, etc.) Had the blackened redfish...oooo-weee! I should post the pictures here, but ya'll would be mad lol

the-best-seats-outside.jpg

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
A hidden gem, Jacques imo's, for some of ya'll planning to visit New Orleans soon... my best friend and her hubby took me and my hubby out here, and there was a little wait but not nothing compared to other tourist spots/traps (i.e., Neyow's Creole Cafe, Acme, etc.) Had the blackened redfish...oooo-weee! I should post the pictures here, but ya'll would be mad lol

the-best-seats-outside.jpg

Post em up! I'll find mine from my recent visit. You gave me some great advice. Didn't get sold on the beingets like I thought I would tho. My phone started bugging so everything is on a SD card. Sigh

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hahaha. Didn't make it to Drago's. I have heard of it though.

Went to New Orleans in July 2015 for vacation. Hot and humid as hell, but had a good time.

I'm from L.A. Not familiar with that type of humidity.

Drago's ain't got shit on acme..brah

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
thinking about driving down in december

what's the weather like in dec?
will the streets be as crowded as the times events are being held?
is there any such thing as "free parking" anywhere near the hot spots?
what do most do for parking? (valet, parking garage?)
are the hotels on canal st a good place to set up shop?
if so, what's a good recommendation?

thanks in advance i'm new to the n.o.

mad_bomber

BGOL Billionaire
BGOL Investor

I would say stay at the Westin on Canal. Ask for a river view room. The view from my room was amazing. Service was good at the hotel. Rooftop pool was cool too (I was there in the summer).

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

I was there this year in January. Weather was in the high 50's to mid 60's. The breeze coming off the Mississippi can make it feel colder than what it really is.

For parking my friends and I just used a paid lot near the French Quarter (We stayed at an Air BnB about 20 minutes outside of the city). Price was reasonable, especially compared to SF.

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
I was there this year in January. Weather was in the high 50's to mid 60's. The breeze coming off the Mississippi can make it feel colder than what it really is.

For parking my friends and I just used a paid lot near the French Quarter (We stayed at an Air BnB about 20 minutes outside of the city). Price was reasonable, especially compared to SF.
thanks man