Netflix: The Punisher official discussion thread UPDATE: HE IS BACK! (Daredevil Reborn)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It Doesn’t Sound Like The Punisher Will Be Getting That Netflix Spinoff After All

Daredevil-S2-1.jpg

Despite very reliable sources reporting that Marvel and Netflix were planning a solo series for Jon Bernthal’s Frank Castle/The Punisher following his debut on season 2 of Daredevil, it looks like that’s not on the cards for the character in the immediate future.

While speaking in a recent interview to Digital Spy, Executive VP at Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb, stated that the spinoff isn’t happening just yet. While that’s disappointing to hear, he also didn’t rule out the possibility of something materializing in the future.

Check out what Loeb had to say below:

I think that’s something that people are speculating on, as opposed to something that’s actually happening. It’s certainly our hope that any of our characters will be embraced and that people want to see more of them.

Of course, there’s always the chance that Loeb is playing coy here. He may just be holding off on an official announcement until Castle makes his mark on Daredevil and fan reaction is gauged. For now, however, we’ll just have to take his word for it.

The Punisher will initially be portrayed as the antagonist in season 2 of Daredevil, but there’s a very good chance he’ll evolve into an anti-hero as the show progresses – and if that happens, an eventual solo outing for the ultra-violent Marvel vigilante seems much more likely.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/darede...source=tw&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=twdsuk

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I think ther will be a Punisher Series but unlike comic books, producing TV series on the fly is a lot tougher - Marvel and Netflix had a plan
Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luck Cage Iron Fist - culminating into the Defenders - that was supposed to be the order - then Daredevil was a runaway hit and DD2 was put on the board - which spawned the Punisher - however they have to get the rest of the roster in play to have the Defenders ready -

So the question is will Jon Beranthal wait for the roster to be realized and then wait for his Punisher series or does he bail for other projects?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I think ther will be a Punisher Series but unlike comic books, producing TV series on the fly is a lot tougher - Marvel and Netflix had a plan
Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luck Cage Iron Fist - culminating into the Defenders - that was supposed to be the order - then Daredevil was a runaway hit and DD2 was put on the board - which spawned the Punisher - however they have to get the rest of the roster in play to have the Defenders ready -

So the question is will Jon Beranthal wait for the roster to be realized and then wait for his Punisher series or does he bail for other projects?

By the time Defenders comes out... We will all be dead. They aren't even talking about that series.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No he'll have time to do other projects but this will be the biggest role in his acting career, I doubt he or Marvel will fuck this up.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Marvel heros on Netflix are extreamly grounded, matter of fact other than Daredevil none of them have suits, shit you don't even see Daredevil swinging with his ropes like he does in the comics..
This is important to know when you see how they deal with the Punisher character because from what I heard, they want him to be more like a Omar character on the wire, I guess that means a mystery man who pops up causing terror to his enemies.. Besides I cannot see how you can make a man with no powers, walking down the streets of NYC with big ass guns, killing people with out himself getting arrested and or killed grounded, especially with out a mask covering his face..

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looking forward to this...the Punisher and batman were the only comic books i fucked with as a kid...

I might check out daredevil just to see the punisher..

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
when does it hit netflix?

*edit*

the punisher AND the defenders will both drop this year w/ the defenders eps releasing sometime during the summer :yes:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member