Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I watched it.
And I can respect this review. I can.

BUT

What I heard was "It has problems, but the characters top it out".

Dude cosigned lack of a plot, because - characters.

Faith is not restored.

Wasn't trying to restore your faith I'm just saying why I like the darker themes. The more serious stuff

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So I went with friends and saw the movie a second times yesterday. Something I didn't notice the first time cause I saw it in 3D was that the cgi seemed off. I don't mean the closeup of Superman'a face but more the cgi in general. Two things that really stand out to me was Cyborgs body and during the final battle when Superman was hovering next to Steppenwolf before he punched him. To compare look at how Vision looks flying in Age of Ultron or Civil War or how Ultron looks to compare a metal body.

Anyone else notice or is it just me?
cgi is shit in way more places than those 2... WW's legs when she is fighting Superman
the more you watch the more glitches you'll see - the quality is on par with the first Spiderman or Matrix Reloaded

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I will say that this is the best superman. I don't care about your nostalgic feelings about any of them either.
He's finally a human being with GOD powers acting like a human being with GOD powers. he has been for 3 renditions and this one is no different.
His moments, each of them were top notch. I can't wait until he gets his next solo film.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
gal-gadot-glamour-magazine-december-2017-05c2503d.jpg
Straight bean pole
i saw a clip of her on fallon and she turned sideways and almost disappeared

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The movie overall was rushed in the plot department. The main villain wasn't really treacherous really they had it. But again Snyder dropped the ball with the story he's not a writer he's a director. He's still living off of Watchmen but nah
Loved the tone
individually everybody was better though. Cyborg was played well
the flash was played well i liked him way better than the tv version his running and shit was wack but the character itself was better
Wonder Woman is cool. She's a great fit
Ben is a good batman
Superman is still da gawd.
A few sequences worked. As usual I love the old worlds I loved seeing the old war with all the Gods fighting.
I was hoping to see THAT in this movie. Them fighting the entire horde and barely making it in time etc and not what actually happened.
Would've been way better if they just didn't have a pied piper sequence where things just worked lol
Did a pretty good job toning down some of the love that could have budded
Aquaman. Idk. Not the actor but the lines. He's just a cowboy I guess.

Overall it was an alright movie.
The plot was the main problem the villain was perfect but they didn't let him do his thing enough for me.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I will say that this is the best superman. I don't care about your nostalgic feelings about any of them either.
He's finally a human being with GOD powers acting like a human being with GOD powers. he has been for 3 renditions and this one is no different.
His moments, each of them were top notch. I can't wait until he gets his next solo film.
You just explained why I loved MOS as a much as I did. A fictional version of nature vs. nuture.

Had too many issues with BVS to enjoy no matter what.

I haven't seen JL, yet.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You just explained why I loved MOS as a much as I did. A fictional version of nature vs. nuture.

Had too many issues with BVS to enjoy no matter what.

I haven't seen JL, yet.

I enjoyed the theme of BVS it wasn't executed properly
Batman at this stage was king hater.
Superman at that stage was tired he was ready to settle down with his woman and not have to save people everyday. It's a calling but he's human it's his duty and they get tired.
Batman tried to do everything to agitate him and it didn't work. Superman did and still does see every person even the ones with abilities as gnat's
I liked how batman did everything and was nothing until he found the cryptonite
that's where things got sketchy and messed it up that's all.
This one same issue same director same problems. But Superman the character and batman the character still came out roses actually all of them did sans Aquaman for me.
And it was the way his character was written not his performance nothing he can do with the silent brooding lines and shit

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Wasn't trying to restore your faith I'm just saying why I like the darker themes. The more serious stuff
thats what I don't understand w/ you...
whats good about creating a darker serious theme when the story telling is inept?

Deadpool, Sin City, 300, Watchmen, all would suck if they were presented half ass like BvS and now JL.
Green Lantern wasn't dark, it was bright and light hearted- but it still sucked because of poor writing
Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 1 and 2 - bright funny movies - but not good!
Marvel's best movie to date - Winter Soldier that shit was dark and done well!
Civil War was dark and done competently - NO ONE complained about the tone of those movies

Justice League Unlimited had a dark story arc and an utterly dark finale in its 2nd season - it was incredible because of strong writing
Flashpoint was dark gritty serious out right almost nihilistic... It is very FAR from a perfect movie... but its story and execution completely out strips EVERY movie in DCEU.

Why are you still clinging to tone arguments? Any arguments about Snyder's creative choices ended as soon as WB sold audiences an unfinished film with slap dash editing. Snyder could have made a My Little Pony/Squirrel Girl inspired movie of BvS with Wonder Twins, Wendy and Marvin showing up in the 3rd act and it would have still gotten killed

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
the recruitment was nice.
that's probably how it would all go.
They could have written more turmoil in their interactions they're not a team yet. So it should be like OK we're doing this but actually fuck all yall
I enjoyed Flash the character it was perfect how he was happy to be a part of it as a teenage kid would be. some people hated it and then turned around and praised how spider man the teen was portrayed recently lol

Steppen was intense as far as his desire and drive. His character needed more flesh and more air time with better CGI but more umph. He should have cracked the shit out of Atlantis like he did the amazon's land. That was some intense fighting that entire scene on the island.

The battle also needed to be in a more populated area that was a cop out.
More land needed to be destroyed. More hoops for the 3rd box. maybe.

His army was trash. The kid with the bug spray had a legit shot to kill them.
Needed way more umph and peril on that front. Needed to feel like oh shit his whole team solid and he got the boxes and we need to go on ahead and do our best.

I liked Superman's entrance into the fight but it wasn't much of a fight. they were already at the box instantly already pied piper'd the horde away. Already working on it and shit.
meh

The beings feed off fear, with it being a darker toned movie if they did it in a more populated place, more fear and more people to get killed as part of the fight to save the world right?
I mean as it stands how would anyone even know that shit shit even happened? Nobody is covering that place. It was a "Dead zone" and all this shit.

Just more danger more peril so the heroes can come in and save the day

that's why MOS is still the best out of this little latest series

I wasn't sure if Zod was going to lose. I knew it because its the movie but if I was in the movie I wouldn't know. I'd been like
mHiNUlr.gif

and then when Zod unleashed his powers and didn't need the protective suit on I would've been like
cckE5OB.gif

this one not so much
you need multiple enemies or some real devious deep character shit to put superman at a disadvantage and mos is the only one to do that
the villains are there but they're not empowering them enough.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
the recruitment was nice.
Only part I disagree with. Batman didn't even know what Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman powers were. He didn't know what he was up against. Hell Cyborg didn't even know what he could do. Batman is supposed to be the greatest detective, so he should know well beforehand what these guys can do.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I liked it. Not the greatesst film but easily my favorite DCU film to date.

Film felt stitched together in places, but they did do the characters some justice (pun), especially Superman. He actually came off as a hero unlike his previous outings.

Aquaman was ok, Flash was meh, Batman and Wonder Woman were cool, but I was mostly surprised by how they handled Cyborg. I was sure he'd be wack. I was happy he actually was central to the plot.

Decent film, not as good as Avengers, but good enough to build the DCU on.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I liked BVS (the directors cut)

thats what I don't understand w/ you...
whats good about creating a darker serious theme when the story telling is inept?

Deadpool, Sin City, 300, Watchmen, all would suck if they were presented half ass like BvS and now JL.
Green Lantern wasn't dark, it was bright and light hearted- but it still sucked because of poor writing
Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 1 and 2 - bright funny movies - but not good!
Marvel's best movie to date - Winter Soldier that shit was dark and done well!
Civil War was dark and done competently - NO ONE complained about the tone of those movies

Justice League Unlimited had a dark story arc and an utterly dark finale in its 2nd season - it was incredible because of strong writing
Flashpoint was dark gritty serious out right almost nihilistic... It is very FAR from a perfect movie... but its story and execution completely out strips EVERY movie in DCEU.

Why are you still clinging to tone arguments? Any arguments about Snyder's creative choices ended as soon as WB sold audiences an unfinished film with slap dash editing. Snyder could have made a My Little Pony/Squirrel Girl inspired movie of BvS with Wonder Twins, Wendy and Marvin showing up in the 3rd act and it would have still gotten killed

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I agree... I really enjoy Henry Cavill but it was his moments with Cyborg at the End that completely sold me on him.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Only part I disagree with. Batman didn't even know what Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman powers were. He didn't know what he was up against. Hell Cyborg didn't even know what he could do. Batman is supposed to be the greatest detective, so he should know well beforehand what these guys can do.

He knew fam lol
he just happened to throw the bat star wondering what was gonna happen?
He just happened to go to the fish town to find the guy that can live in the water?
He knew they didn't need to beat us over the head with it with him reading a file and then saying "OH SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS"

in BVS he did all of that remember? the videos and files and all of that shit?
That's how he was able to call wonder woman's dead man when he was trying to galvanize her to make her a leader

TimRock

BGOL Investor
He knew fam lol
he just happened to throw the bat star wondering what was gonna happen?
He just happened to go to the fish town to find the guy that can live in the water?
He knew they didn't need to beat us over the head with it with him reading a file and then saying "OH SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS"

in BVS he did all of that remember? the videos and files and all of that shit?
That's how he was able to call wonder woman's dead man when he was trying to galvanize her to make her a leader
He knew they had powers, not what they were capable of. He knew flash was fast. Cyborg wasnt even complete yet in BVS. All he knew about Aquaman was that he lived under water and could talk to fish. He didn't know that these guys would be capable of taking in a threat like Step.

But they beat us over the head by having WW tell us what her lasso can do (again). She had dude in the lasso, asked a question, he didn't answer, she explains that the lasso will make him tell the truth, then he starts talking.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I agree... I really enjoy Henry Cavill but it was his moments with Cyborg at the End that completely sold me on him.
That was a nice bit - a nice touch - didn't need WWs commentary especially since the film didn't establish a relationship between her and Supes and was light on developing one for her and Cyborg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
He knew they had powers, not what they were capable of. He knew flash was fast. Cyborg wasnt even complete yet in BVS. All he knew about Aquaman was that he lived under water and could talk to fish. He didn't know that these guys would be capable of taking in a threat like Step.

But they beat us over the head by having WW tell us what her lasso can do (again). She had dude in the lasso, asked a question, he didn't answer, she explains that the lasso will make him tell the truth, then he starts talking.

I agree they geared it to make her the star since her movie was a success it seemed forced not natural but i expected it after the success of the movie.
but he absolutely did know what they were capable of otherwise he wouldn't have recruited them in the first place man.
this is batman we're talking about here. and he doesn't need to run down an itemized list of their powers or say their powers before they can tell him for me to recognize that he knew them well

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I agree they geared it to make her the star since her movie was a success it seemed forced not natural but i expected it after the success of the movie.
but he absolutely did know what they were capable of otherwise he wouldn't have recruited them in the first place man.
this is batman we're talking about here. and he doesn't need to run down an itemized list of their powers or say their powers before they can tell him for me to recognize that he knew them well
you right, but the movie made it seem like he didnt really know anything about them, other than those little clips. And thats why origin movies for Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg should have come before this. When Avengers came, we already knew the stories behind all the heroes. In this movie, Flash and Cyborg discuss their origin in an "oh by the way" fashion while digging up supermans grave. We needed more than that. Especially for people that are not familiar with Cyborg. Flash is pretty well known (after Bats, Superman and WW), so his origin wont have to go so far in depth, plus the CW show pretty much covered it. Maybe its just me, but i just felt like they were all thrown together. And i know this is not the Batman from the comics or the previous movies, but come on, when has he ever revealed his true identity to people he didn't even know?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
you right, but the movie made it seem like he didnt really know anything about them, other than those little clips. And thats why origin movies for Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg should have come before this. When Avengers came, we already knew the stories behind all the heroes. In this movie, Flash and Cyborg discuss their origin in an "oh by the way" fashion while digging up supermans grave. We needed more than that. Especially for people that are not familiar with Cyborg. Flash is pretty well known (after Bats, Superman and WW), so his origin wont have to go so far in depth, plus the CW show pretty much covered it. Maybe its just me, but i just felt like they were all thrown together. And i know this is not the Batman from the comics or the previous movies, but come on, when has he ever revealed his true identity to people he didn't even know?

I don't know
I don't think they know how to do origin movies honestly so they did right. they weren't sure of the characters so they just decided to introduce them here and see the feedback and then go from there

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't know
I don't think they know how to do origin movies honestly so they did right. they weren't sure of the characters so they just decided to introduce them here and see the feedback and then go from there
not creative
just reactive...
a license for failure

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I don't know
but now, where do you go from here? Its already been established that they are all in close proximity of each other. So if one faces a threat, they can all assist. If Flash gets a solo movie, who will be the villain, Captain Cold? He's obviously not ready for Reverse Flash. What about Cyborg, what do you do with him now? Aquamans solo will work just fine, because it probably wont take place on the surface.
after aquaman its gonna have to be all team up movies. JL v. Legion of Doom

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
but now, where do you go from here? Its already been established that they are all in close proximity of each other. So if one faces a threat, they can all assist. If Flash gets a solo movie, who will be the villain, Captain Cold? He's obviously not ready for Reverse Flash. What about Cyborg, what do you do with him now? Aquamans solo will work just fine, because it probably wont take place on the surface.
after aquaman its gonna have to be all team up movies. JL v. Legion of Doom

Honestly you can pull a captain america and name it after someone and just have 1 more person in it
they just did it with thor and it saved thor's solo appeal by adding the hulk as a feature player
civil war was basically the avengers 2.5 or some shit feel me but it was a captain movie so there's easy ways to do it.

imo any of them will work if you drop superman in there. batman is reluctant and don't play well with others but if shit gets thick superman always got all of their backs

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
all you'd really need to do is add barry to the next superman or batman solo movie which is easily done.
someone is murdered he works in a csi lab..
it writes itself and from there he can have an arc within the movie leave his unfinished within the confines and then he gets to his in the solo movie

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Honestly you can pull a captain america and name it after someone and just have 1 more person in it
they just did it with thor and it saved thor's solo appeal by adding the hulk as a feature player
civil war was basically the avengers 2.5 or some shit feel me but it was a captain movie so there's easy ways to do it.
yeah thats true. But is DC smart/bold enough to follow something that Marvel has done?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
yeah thats true. But is DC smart/bold enough to follow something that Marvel has done?

It's not even a marvel thing ppl do that all the time in order to create spinoff's
marvel just does it with superheroes DC could do it.
Honestly them bastards need me to helm the movie machine. I promise you the ship would be on course to really compete and turn the tide.
Cause Thor killed it.
And then Panther is gonna do 200m and then there's gonna be infinity war and then we gonna be like let's go see aquaman? LOL

TimRock

BGOL Investor
It's not even a marvel thing ppl do that all the time in order to create spinoff's
marvel just does it with superheroes DC could do it.
Honestly them bastards need me to helm the movie machine. I promise you the ship would be on course to really compete and turn the tide.
Cause Thor killed it.
And then Panther is gonna do 200m and then there's gonna be infinity war and then we gonna be like let's go see aquaman? LOL
:roflmao:
dont forget, Antman and Wasp is coming at the end of 2018.
I really do hope Aquaman is good. He is one of my favorite DC characters and his comic series are really good. But it's gonna take a lot for it to do well. Jason is not a box office draw.