Joss Whedon Is a ‘Hypocrite Preaching Feminist Ideals,’ Ex-Wife Kai Cole Says UPDATE: Buffy cast agree

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-feminist-hypocrite-infidelity-affairs-ex-wife-kai-cole-says/

Joss Whedon Is a ‘Hypocrite Preaching Feminist Ideals,’ Ex-Wife Kai Cole Says (Guest Blog)
Kai Cole | Last Updated: November 22, 2017 @ 12:30 PM
Joss-Whedon.jpg

I’ve been asked some questions by the press recently about my divorce from Joss Whedon, to whom I was married for 16 years. There is misinformation out there and I feel the best way to clear up the situation is to tell my truth. Let me begin by saying I am a very private person and the act of writing this is antithetical to who I am and everything I stand for. Yet, at the same time, I feel compelled to go on the record and clear up some misperceptions. I don’t think it is fair to me or other women to remain silent any longer.

I met Joss in 1991. I was driving across the country from Massachusetts on a whim, and met him when I was passing through Los Angeles. We fell in love and I moved to L.A. so we could be together.

I was with him when his “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” script was adapted, and the resulting movie released. It was painful to see how his vision was interpreted by the production team and on our honeymoon to England in 1995, I urged him to figure out how to turn it into a TV show. He didn’t want to work in television anymore, following in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps, but I convinced him it was the fastest way to get the experience he needed, so he could direct his own films someday. I had no idea, in that lovely garden in Bath, that it would change everything.

Also Read:Joss Whedon Fan Site Shuts Down After Ex-Wife's Explosive Essay

There were times in our relationship that I was uncomfortable with the attention Joss paid other women. He always had a lot of female friends, but he told me it was because his mother raised him as a feminist, so he just liked women better. He said he admired and respected females, he didn’t lust after them. I believed him and trusted him. On the set of “Buffy,” Joss decided to have his first secret affair.

Fifteen years later, when he was done with our marriage and finally ready to tell the truth, he wrote me, “When I was running ‘Buffy,’ I was surrounded by beautiful, needy, aggressive young women. It felt like I had a disease, like something from a Greek myth. Suddenly I am a powerful producer and the world is laid out at my feet and I can’t touch it.” But he did touch it. He said he understood, “I would have to lie — or conceal some part of the truth — for the rest of my life,” but he did it anyway, hoping that first affair, “would be ENOUGH, that THEN we could move on and outlast it.”

Joss admitted that for the next decade and a half, he hid multiple affairs and a number of inappropriate emotional ones that he had with his actresses, co-workers, fans and friends, while he stayed married to me. He wrote me a letter when our marriage was falling apart, but I still didn’t know the whole truth, and said, “I’ve never loved anyone or wanted to be with anyone in any real or long-term way except for you ever. And I love our life. I love how you are, how we are, who you are and what we’ve done both separately and together, how much fun we have…” He wanted it all; he didn’t want to choose, so he accepted the duality as a part of his life.

Also Read:Joss Whedon's Planned Parenthood PSA Paints Grim Picture (Video)

kai-1.jpg

Kai Cole and Joss Whedon at a 2010 L.A. premiere event (Getty Images)

Then later, after he confessed everything, he told me, “I let myself love you. I stopped worrying about the contradiction. As a guilty man I knew the only way to hide was to act as though I were righteous. And as a husband, I wanted to be with you like we had been. I lived two lives.” When he walked out of our marriage, and was trying to make “things seem less bewildering” to help me understand how he could have lied to me for so long, he said, “In many ways I was the HEIGHT of normal, in this culture. We’re taught to be providers and companions and at the same time, to conquer and acquire — specifically sexually — and I was pulling off both!”

Also Read:'Justice League:' Zack Snyder Steps Down as Director After Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon to Take Over

Despite understanding, on some level, that what he was doing was wrong, he never conceded the hypocrisy of being out in the world preaching feminist ideals, while at the same time, taking away my right to make choices for my life and my body based on the truth. He deceived me for 15 years, so he could have everything he wanted. I believed, everyone believed, that he was one of the good guys, committed to fighting for women’s rights, committed to our marriage, and to the women he worked with. But I now see how he used his relationship with me as a shield, both during and after our marriage, so no one would question his relationships with other women or scrutinize his writing as anything other than feminist.

I thought we were a couple, a team. I was a powerful influence on the career choices Joss made during the 20 years we were together (we lived together for four years before marrying). I kept him grounded, and helped him find the quickest way to the success he so deeply craved. I loved him. And in return, he lied to me. A lot. He said, after he left, he understood: “It’s not just like I killed you, but that I’d done it subtly, over years. That I’d been poisoning you. Chipping away at you.” He made me doubt my own instincts and watched me move further away from my personal values and social mores, trying to connect with him, never telling me it was impossible. By the time he finally confessed the truth, 15 years after his first affair on the set of “Buffy,” I was broken. My brain could not fit my experience of our life together, through the new lens of his deceit.

Also Read:'Avengers' Director Joss Whedon Fears US Will Start Killing Gays

My entire reality changed overnight, and I went from being a strong, confident woman, to a confused, frightened mess. I was eventually diagnosed with Complex PTSD and for the last five years, I have worked hard to make sense of everything that happened and find my balance again. It has not been easy, because even though in my personal life I have been completely open about what happened, publicly people only know his superficial presentation of us: him as the lovable geek-feminist and me in the background, as his wife and supporter.

We’re finally divorced; I’m doing architecture again, and slowly getting my life and self-esteem back.

Until recently, Joss was still letting the illusion of our marriage stay intact. Now that it is finally public, I want to let women know that he is not who he pretends to be. I want the people who worship him to know he is human, and the organizations giving him awards for his feminist work, to think twice in the future about honoring a man who does not practice what he preaches. But no matter what happens, or how people interpret this statement, I no longer have to carry the burden of Joss’ long-term deceit and confessions. I am free.

Editor’s Note: A spokesperson for Joss Whedon provided the following response, “While this account includes inaccuracies and misrepresentations which can be harmful to their family, Joss is not commenting, out of concern for his children and out of respect for his ex-wife.”

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why do we continue with the facade? Why not just broadcast and let it be know to ALL women, ESPECIALLY the ones married to men that have pussy thrown to em on the regular ARE GONNA FUCK SOME DIFFERENT PUSSY.

And then women will say "Well they should'nt make the vows..."

Okay.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
yea she is tryin to blow up his spot for sure..

she aint no dummy she know with her slick ass

is doing...

Freddy, as men, many of us want to do shit that we KNOW would crush a woman if she finds out ...

...and when they find out, we want them to be reasonable. Well, this is why I don't have these problems. I'm not promising a woman SHIT that I'm not prepared to live up to. Now, you can always run into a crazy, but that is just a chance you take. Hell, I have male friends that I found out stole from jewelry and money from me.

In any case, I live free as a bird. We can kick it, but you will never be led to believe we're getting married.

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
"while at the same time, taking away my right to make choices for my life and my body based on the truth. "

can someone break this shit down?

he was making choices for his life and his body by sleeping with other women

is she saying that she couldn't do the same?

or is it more that she didn't want to do the same?

she said she loved him so much that she didn't want to sleep with anyone else, isn't that a choice she made for her life and body?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Freddy, as men, many of us want to do shit that we KNOW would crush a woman if she finds out ...

...and when they find out, we want them to be reasonable. Well, this is why I don't have these problems. I'm not promising a woman SHIT that I'm not prepared to live up to. Now, you can always run into a crazy, but that is just a chance you take. Hell, I have male friends that I found out stole from jewelry and money from me.

In any case, I live free as a bird. We can kick it, but you will never be led to believe we're getting married.

I hear that.. but a FRIEND would never steal from you...

and as far as relationships that goes both ways, its just women are way more discreet about it.. and usually wait to find a reason to reveal themselves...aka wait for the dude to make a mistake....

men tend to go with the flow and when they yearn to move on they just do..

the bottom line is thats just how some relationships go...

you know that saying a reason a season and a lifetime...

some folks get together for a reason.. but once that reason is met its time to move on

some folks get together for a season, where they do love each other but once their needs are met its time to move on

and few find their lifetime mates....

she was in season mode..

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
I hear that.. but a FRIEND would never steal from you...

and as far as relationships that goes both ways, its just women are way more discreet about it.. and usually wait to find a reason to reveal themselves...aka wait for the dude to make a mistake....

men tend to go with the flow and when they yearn to move on they just do..

the bottom line is thats just how some relationships go...

you know that saying a reason a season and a lifetime...

some folks get together for a reason.. but once that reason is met its time to move on

some folks get together for a season, where they do love each other but once their needs are met its time to move on

and few find their lifetime mates....

she was in season mode..

These dudes who stole from me were 'day ones'. Dudes who gave me every reason to trust them. One of my ex's even told me, the one who stole jewelry from me was trying to holla at her.

I don't do male friends, anymore. Associates, sure - but if you're not a friend now, you never will be. And the dudes left in my life, I'm looking at side-eye.

Never again, freddy.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All that writing and she said nothing other than that her husband cheated on her? I thought she was gonna say he had some chick locked in a dungeon or had a mysterious collection of gerbils that kept disappearing :lol:.
for real ! white women are so hyper sometimes! how dare he fuck young pretty women who want to be in hollywood and he has the power to make it happen? how dare he deny pussy thrown at him by young 22 year olds! the horror!

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These dudes who stole from me were 'day ones'. Dudes who gave me every reason to trust them. One of my ex's even told me, the one who stole jewelry from me was trying to holla at her.

I don't do male friends, anymore. Associates, sure - but if you're not a friend now, you never will be. And the dudes left in my life, I'm looking at side-eye.

Never again, freddy.
That's cause u sweet bro

And yo ex prolly set u up

Pedo ass nigga

Stick to legal tenders

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
is she setting dude up to have chicks come out with allegations?

Yup. Sounds like it.

Why do we continue with the facade? Why not just broadcast and let it be know to ALL women, ESPECIALLY the ones married to men that have pussy thrown to em on the regular ARE GONNA FUCK SOME DIFFERENT PUSSY.

And then women will say "Well they should'nt make the vows..."

Okay.

THIS

ALL DAY

She act like he was a pimp nigga. He got some work. Work has perks. In his world, perks is pussy. And how does cheating on a spouse have anything to do with the metoo culture coming out? How is she trying to connect those dots? Fuck outta here.

Only thing I can think of is if that man is already well pleased, he might think about fucking around but don't go through with it. Its hard in Hollyhood to turn down pussy being thrown at you. Some of these cats know they could NEVER get the type of offered pussy they see in a regular world. Aint no chick waiting in the cut to bang out Joss Whedon. Thor or Denzel or Shemar Moore or Khal Drogo yeah but this nigga Joss fucking Whedon??? Now, you trying to make him out to be a badguy?? Why? He ain't touching no kids or drugging chicks and/ or raping them, he just a dude that got caught. Matter fact, he tried to live the lie. As many of us do.

Whole buncha folks just don't get caught and the marriage goes on. This includes women and men.

oNE

sumofyallniggasisbitches2

BootyEnthusiast; Ass-preneur
BGOL Investor
What does him being a shitty husband have to do with being a feminist???? Feminist don't cheat on their partners? He can still be for women's empowerment and cheat on his wife without it being contradictory.... One has little or nothing to do with the other...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why Joss Whedon should not direct Batgirl

NOVEMBER 23, 2017 BY RICKY CHURCH 4 COMMENTS

Ricky Church on why Joss Whedon shouldn’t direct Batgirl…

Earlier this week the internet was filled with a lot of rumours that Warner Bros. was no longer interested in a Joss Whedon-directed Batgirl film. Though Whedon has created some of the best stories for the comic or sci-fi genre, from Avengers to Buffy The Vampire Slayer to Firefly, he is not without controversy, now more than ever. As of now, it has been denied that Whedon has been or will be fired from Batgirl, but would it even be a bad thing if he didn’t direct? In my opinion, he’s no longer the right person to bring Batgirl to life.

Some spoilers for Justice League follow…

After taking control of Justice League in the wake of Zack Snyder’s departure from the film due to a family tragedy earlier this year, Whedon conducted reshoots of the film to help lighten to the tone and add in ‘connective tissue’ between scenes and also fired Justice League‘s original composer Junkie XL, getting the legendary Danny Elfman to fill in for him as he did Tyler Bates on Avengers: Age of Ultron. The changes he brought to the film were numerous with some seemingly for the better and others not so much, especially when it came to some of the female characters.

Just take the scene between Lois Lane and Martha Kent for example. This scene featured the pair discussing their personal lives in the wake of Clark’s death and how they each have trouble moving on from his death. It’s a good scene that builds on their characters grief between Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League. Then, in perfect Whedon fashion, he includes a joke to go out on the scene: Martha telling Lois Clark said she was “the thirstiest woman he knew.” Cue Lois looking awkward and Martha quickly saying “Or was it hungriest?” and you have an incredibly awkward sexual innuendo in a scene that didn’t need it. If you also notice the picture below, it is a completely different setting to what was in the movie, showing it was in fact Whedon’s scene and not Snyder’s original.

However, if any proof exists that Joss Whedon may not be ready to take on Batgirl, it’s his treatment of Wonder Woman throughout Justice League. Now her actual portrayal in the film is pretty great, continuing her evolution from Wonder Woman and Gal Gadot shines once again in the role, but it’s how she’s treated in the additional and changed scenes that are problematic. For instance, Aquaman breaking her down to mostly her beauty during his truthful confession was a bit jarring and problematic for a scene where he talks about the preciousness of life.

There’s also a beat during the team’s first encounter with Steppenwolf where Wonder Woman is saved by The Flash only for Flash to accidentally fall into her breasts, a beat that Whedon repeated from Avengers: Age of Ultron when Bruce Banner did the exact same thing with Black Widow (let’s not forget the unnecessary “hide the zucchini” joke from that film either). This issue is raised even further if Grace Randolph’s account of the scene is true; that it was part of Whedon’s reshoots but Wonder Woman is actually a body double since Gal Gadot’s face is turned away in the full body shot and he didn’t inform Gadot what the shot was for when he got her reaction. Not to mention some additional shots featured plenty of Gadot’s behind, up close in tight leather pants.

If Batgirl does get made, its important that the film focuses on the strong character Barbara Gordon is and not have unnecessary sexual jokes and shots showing off her body. As good a director as Whedon has been in the past, even with several of his female characters, sometimes it seems like he can’t help himself from being too crass, especially lately. I already mentioned how Age of Ultron had jokes and lines that undercut Black Widow’s character and her relationship with Hulk, distracting audiences from the growth her character was going through. We don’t need something like that for Batgirl, especially as her portrayal in the Batman: The Killing Joke adaptation, where she was reduced significantly to emotional love interest, damsel in distress and heavily objectified, is still fresh in the minds of plenty fans.

Since WB was reportedly only interested in a Batgirl film after Whedon’s initial pitch, maybe if he goes so does the film, though its hard to tell in the wake of Justice League’s disappointing opening weekend. However, that is one reason why it would be wise for WB to drop him. He was brought onto Justice League as early as January, months before Snyder formally left the film, to add improvements. Now, despite my personal feelings on the film (I gave it 4 stars in my review), it clearly did not click with audiences and Whedon’s changes did little to attract mainstream audiences. Word of mouth has been generally good and we’ll see this upcoming holiday weekend if there’s any positive changes in Justice League‘s box office, but as of now the main reason he was brought on to the film, to make it better and more marketable to mainstream audiences, has failed to an extreme.

There’s also the fact that Whedon himself is an issue. Over Justice League‘s opening weekend, he earned the ire of several fans by actually liking tweets from people citing Steppenwolf as the worst comic book villain of all time, even worse than Thor: The Dark World’s Malekith. Many viewed this as a betrayal to Snyder, DC and WB. After all, he worked on the final cut of the film and wrote scenes to improve it and it seems like his changes are much more than the 15-20% the cast says he added. If Steppenwolf failed as a villain, that’s largely on him, not on Snyder, yet he’s liking tweets that blame Snyder for Steppenwolf’s failure.

There’s also the fact that Whedon’s personal life may prove to be a bigger issue for WB. Earlier this summer, his ex-wife wrote a scathing essay about her time with Whedon and the dissolution of their marriage, saying he hypocritically presents himself as a feminist when he’s anything but. According to her, he cheated on her multiple times, citing his power and authority on film sets as a reason he cheated and manipulated her throughout their marriage all the while preaching feminism. Given Hollywood is currently going through numerous sexual harassment and abuse controversies, it would be in WB’s best interests from a business standpoint to remove Whedon from his role as Batgirl’sdirector before his involvement draws any more untoward publicity.

Whedon has done some great work in his time, but it’s fairly clear given his recent decisions in his films that he’s off his game. Wonder Woman was a resounding success for DC and WB by bringing the world’s most popular female superhero to the big screen that focused on her character without sexualizing her or adding in unnecessary jokes at her expense. Batgirl should do something similar, especially since she is one of the next popular female superheroes after Wonder Woman and a huge fan-favourite character in both her Batgirl and Oracle guise. Joss Whedon may have a passion for Batgirl, but I believe he is just not the right director to bring her to the big screen after all this.

Ricky Church

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/11/joss-whedon-not-direct-batgirl/

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Please remember the President of the United States of America has been accused of multiple molestations including underage girls.

Every time one of these actors or directors gets "exposed" it should be added that trump is still avoiding the issue.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Please remember the President of the United States of America has been accused of multiple molestations including underage girls.

Every time one of these actors or directors gets "exposed" it should be added that trump is still avoiding the issue.

^^^^^

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Joss Whedon Bows Out of Forthcoming HBO Series The Nevers
By Chris Murphy@christress
Photo: WireImage

955a6928a0fd24bdb6406932774785c225--22Joss-Whedon-22.rsquare.w330.jpg

Film director Joss Whedon is no longer making his return to television as planned this summer. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Whedon has left HBO’s upcoming sci-fi drama series, The Nevers. In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, a rep for HBO said, “We have parted ways with Joss Whedon. We remain excited about the future of The Nevers and look forward to its premiere in the summer of 2021.” Whedon is currently under investigation from Warner Bros. for alleged misconduct on the set of Justice League, where he replaced Zack Snyder as the director. Justice League actor Ray Fisher alleges Whedon engaged in “gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable” behavior while on set, and recently accused Whedon of digitally altering an actor’s skin color tone in post-production, which Whedon denies doing.

The Nevers was picked up by HBO for a straight to series order in July 2018, beating out other outlets including Netflix. The series is set to star Outlander’s Laura Connelly, who plays Amalia True, a “menace to Victorian” society leader of the group known as the Orphans that have “unusual abilities, relentless enemies and a mission that might change the world.” Whedon was supposed to write, direct, executive produce and serve as showrunner on The Nevers, which would have marked the director’s return to television after over a decade away since creating and executive produced Fox’s Dollhouse. Whedon issued a statement about his departure from the series:

“This year of unprecedented challenges has impacted my life and perspective in ways I could never have imagined, and while developing and producing The Nevers has been a joyful experience, I realize that the level of commitment required moving forward, combined with the physical challenges of making such a huge show during a global pandemic, is more than I can handle without the work beginning to suffer. I am genuinely exhausted, and am stepping back to martial my energy towards my own life, which is also at the brink of exciting change. I am deeply proud of the work we have done; I’m grateful to all my extraordinary cast and collaborators, and to HBO for the opportunity to shape yet another strange world. The Nevers is a true labor of love, but after two plus years of labor, love is about all I have to offer. It will never fade.”

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
She got cheated on.
She's mad.
This is her way of expressing that anger.
It really is that simple.

It comes back to the fact that when men get older, their social value rises, especially if they become rich and famous like Joss did. As women get older, in most cases, theirs declines.
I'm sure dude loved his wife, but he also loved banging hot, young bitches. He didn't keep 'em. He was just banging and tossing them back in the waters. She doesn't know it but she was actually lucky that he didn't just straight up replace her.

This should in no way affect his ability to do his job.
Ol' racist ass MF. :hmm:

Hollyweird wrecks a lot of marriages and turns people into something they themselves never thought they'd be.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Nevers teaser trailer: First look at HBO fantasy series created by Joss Whedon

By James Hibberd
February 02, 2021 at 12:49 PM EST

HBO's next fantasy series has a teaser trailer. Below is your first look at The Nevers, a Victorian-era fantasy series created by Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

The story follows a group of "touched" people, mostly women, who have manifested powerful abilities — "some charming, some very disturbing."
More from the official description: "Among them are Amalia True (Laura Donnelly), a mysterious, quick-fisted widow, and Penance Adair (Ann Skelly), a brilliant young inventor. They are the champions of this new underclass, making a home for the Touched, while fighting the forces of… well, pretty much all the forces – to make room for those whom history as we know it has no place."

Whedon created the series, which was set to mark The Avengers director's return to television. But Whedon was announced as stepping down from the project in November and HBO tapped Philippa Goslett as the production's new showrunner and executive producer.
The Nevers was also originally commissioned for 10 episodes. Filming was interrupted by the coronavirus pandemic, then resumed last fall and wrapped in October. HBO now says only six episodes will premiere on HBO and HBO Max in April and that Goslett is working on an unspecified number of future episodes to be released at a later date.

The sprawling ensemble cast also includes Olivia Williams, James Norton, Tom Riley, Rochelle Neil, Eleanor Tomlinson, Amy Manson, Pip Torrens, Denis O'Hare, Zackary Momoh, Elizabeth Berrington, Kiran Sawar, Anna Devlin, Viola Prettejohn, Ella Smith, Nick Frost, and Ben Chaplin.

Whedon wrote in a statement after his departure: "This year of unprecedented challenges has impacted my life and perspective in ways I could never have imagined, and while developing and producing The Nevers has been a joyful experience, I realize that the level of commitment required moving forward, combined with the physical challenges of making such a huge show during a global pandemic, is more than I can handle without the work beginning to suffer," "I am genuinely exhausted, and am stepping back to martial my energy towards my own life, which is also at the brink of exciting change. I am deeply proud of the work we have done; I'm grateful to all my extraordinary cast and collaborators, and to HBO for the opportunity to shape yet another strange world. The Nevers is a true labor of love, but after two-plus years of labor, love is about all I have to offer. It will never fade."