Greens & Gravy

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
I promised you a sneak peek.
Thanks for being a part of my mailing list! First off, you might have heard that I'm opening a restaurant. Yes, my very FIRST restaurant in Atlanta.

I'm proud of this because no other food blogger has attempted to do this. I'm nervous at the same time. I hope to bring to you an establishment that embodies meaning, character, and integrity.

People ask - why the name Greens & Gravy. Well, it's easy. If I had to think of two things that sustained a bloodline throughout generations, it'd be greens and gravy. Greens and gravy were, and in many cases still are, the epicenter of the African American experience in America. We are a people that were raised from the crops of slavery and given scraps to eat. Somehow, at the intersection of creativity and imagination, we made it work. And, it became a delicacy. I'd like to celebrate that strength and tenacity on a plate, as an experience, and as a meal. I hope that makes sense.

I think the menu is SUPER DOPE. I'll share a link so that you can preview it.

Lastly, folks are asking when will we open. Right now, I don't have a date in mind. I'm still traveling with my dinner party series, we're still in renovations, we still have to hire a staff and train them, and we still need licensing and permits. It's a LONG process. But, through the photos below, you'll have a chance to see how we've made improvements.

Here's the link to view the menu: CLICK HERE.

Thanks for being a part of the journey!
-Darius

c6eaf72a-9227-4cd6-8874-743d7471ff7e.jpg

8bf32dbf-cbb7-4163-8b83-dcebc7c25958.jpg

3c78769e-20f7-4941-8e23-fc50f6ad9ef2.jpg

b91cd2e2-6bf6-46a1-959c-4c51a005c2ab.jpg

2b6a8517-c0f2-49c2-a1e3-fde7956c9e90.jpg

3d8a4799-5eea-4a23-b629-b19c42cf7ce2.jpg

9a91d0e7-4e02-45f0-98c0-d0d6010c30c7.jpg

STARTERS
Fried Pickles - 10
Hot house cucumber. House pickled. Cornmeal & semolina crusted. Buttermilk dipped. Chive ranch for dipping.
Crispy Okra - 8
Thinly sliced. Flash fried. Chili lime salt. Smoked bacon ranch.
Lemon Pepper Fried Spare Ribs - 12
Beer & bay braised. Southern seasoned. Double coated. Deep fried. Wet lemon pepper seasoning.
Crab Cake Deviled Egg - 11
12-minute boil. Crab-stuffed egg yolk. Mini crab cake. Potato chip crusted onion ring. Champagne lemon aioli.
Chicken & Biscuits...On A Stick - 10
24-hour apple cider brine. Double buttermilk dipped. Mini buttermilk biscuits. House-made turkey sausage. Country herb gravy.
Skillet Butter Pecan Cornbread with Whipped Honey Butter - 6
Maryland Crab Cake - 12
Lump jumbo crab. No filler. Fried smoked Gouda grit cake. Microgreen salad. Crispy leeks. Citrus champagne vinaigrette.
SOUP
Creamed Corn Bisque with Fried Lobster & Chive Oil - 10
SALAD
Chicken & Waffle Caesar - 12
24-hour apple cider brine. Double buttermilk dipped. Crisp Romaine. Shaved Parm. Crispy shallots. House Caesar. Garlic waffle croutons.
Peaches & Herb - 12
Grilled white peaches. Summer corn. Cherry tomatoes. Mesclun. Mint. Feta. Candied bacon. White balsamic vinaigrette.
MAIN
Fish & Grits - 18
Semolina fried baby catfish. Creamed white corn grits. Pinot Grigio cream. Bacon. Smoked pecans. Meyer lemon vinaigrette.
6-Hour Short Rib - 20
Parmesan potato puree. Malbec braised. Roasted root vegetables. Pistachio gremolata. Green apple pico.
Lemon Pepper Honey Fried Chicken - 19
24-hour Apple cider brine. 4 pieces. Lemon pepper honey. 2 biscuits. Your choice of fixins’ - choose 2.
Jamaican Jerk Grilled Prawns & Grits - 18
Grilled jumbo prawns. Jerk Marinated. Slow cooked grits. Mango salsa. Creamy coconut slaw.
Slow Roasted Brown Sugar Salmon - 18
Marinated & slow roasted. Arugula salad. White balsamic vinaigrette. Crispy leeks. Aged balsamic reduction.
Garlicky Turnip Green Alfredo - 16
Salted rigatoni. Field turnip greens. Mascarpone. Roasted garlic & Parmesan cream. Whipped ricotta. Smoked turkey.
Creamy Collard Green Lasagna - 16
Robust Sicilian gravy. Whipped Ricotta. Creamed Collard greens. Roasted garlic cream. Grilled garlic crostini.
FIXINS - 7
Mac & Cheese * Braised Greens * Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Salt
Parmesan Potato Puree * Butter Pecan Green Beans * Smoked Gouda Grits
DESSERT - 10
Warm peach cobbler butter cake with vanilla ice cream
(butter cookie crumbles & warm toffee sauce with Hennessy)
Key lime cheesecake (graham cracker crust)
Red velvet skillet cake with whipped vanilla cream cheese icing
Mason jar banana pudding (homemade butter cookies)
Deep dish sweet potato pie (thick gingersnap butter crust)
Drinks - $3 - Unlimited Refills
Red Kool Aid
Grape Kool Aid
Sweet Tea
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
558f0621-3420-439d-a099-5f312ef75510.jpg

It's a Grand Opening.
Here we go! We finally have a target date set to open the newest eatery to Atlanta's Westview Neighborhood, Greens & Gravy. Honestly, I can't wait for you to experience it. Lots of you have been dining with me during my national dinner party series, Dining With DariusCooks. It's prepared me for this in sooooo many ways. I'm so grateful for all of the opportunity.

With that, let's eat. Mark your calendars for the week of June 12th. You can choose a seat at the "table" any day that week, except for Friday. It's dinner service and we're rolling from 6:45-until. The event system will allow you to book in 15 minute increments - don't worry about that. Basically, we'll try to have you seated within that 15 minute time frame. Remember, we'll TRY. It's totally not our fault if the folks who came before you don't want to leave. Well, we'll take half the blame.

Here's the link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/greens-gravy-grand-opening-dinner-service-tickets-34570332796

Can't wait to see you in just 1 month from today!

Let me know if you have any questions.
-Darius

Multiple Dates

Greens & Gravy Grand Opening Dinner Service!
by Darius Williams
Free

Actions and Detail Panel

Select a date
Event Information
Description
This is so exciting. It's our GRAND OPENING WEEK!

Here's how it's going to work. Because you're on the inside (AKA, my mailing list or by special invite), you're receiving this special invitation. No one else knows about this, so, shhhhh.

We'll be doing dinner service JUST for you - Monday, 6/12 - Thursday, 6/15. We'll have a condensed, but equally as awesome, version of the menu ready to rock and roll. Registering here using Eventbrite is just your "reservation" for the event. The cost for the evening will be all menu prices, plus tax and the tip you'll leave for your server.

Just pick your time and set your reservation. Your reservation time here is just a general spot in line. We'll do our best to seat you at the specific time. But, don't hold it to us if a table or two before youd doesn't want to leave because they're having so much fun. As with everything, I try to be super accommodating. If you've got any specific food allergies like gluten or nuts, and you're for sure coming, let me know. I want to make sure everyone can enjoy. The entree options will more than likely have a few meat options and a few veggie options. We'll also have some delicious appetizers, salads, soup, and desserts, too!

I'm so glad we're connected via my mailing list. I've been sharing lots of behind the scenes photos - but, it's getting REAL!

If you've got any questions, I'm easily reachable - darius@dariuscooks.com.

Tags

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
upload_2017-5-12_18-53-53.jpeg Brunch, anyone? Greens & Gravy will officially open on 6/17 - 10AM. It's time to eat! 1540 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd - Atlanta. Oh, Open Table reservations will be up and running soon.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Last night's pass Greens & Gravy! Got your reservations yet? Use the open table app or site. Y'all ready for Greens & Gravy Chicago?!? We just have to find a location.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Just stopped by my restaurant, Greens & Gravy. One of the keys to perfectly fried chicken is when a woman fries it with her hand on her hip like my Grandma did. Sabrina is a total rock star!