Florida senator calls fellow Republicans ‘n----rs,’ hurls expletives at black colleague in racist ti

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Florida senator calls fellow Republicans ‘n----rs,’ hurls expletives at black colleague in racist tirade
BYCHRIS SOMMERFELDT
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10:39 PM

the Miami Heraldfirst reported.

Artiles apparently complained to Gibson and Thurston that "if it wasn't for these six n----rs" Negron wouldn't have been elected to the GOP leadership role. It wasn't immediately clear who Artiles was referring to, as the only African-Americans in the Florida State Senate are Democrats, and could thereby not have voted for Negron.

Artiles' remark stunned Gibson and Thurston, who are both black.

SEE IT: Bikini-clad Florida mom launches racist rant (WARNING)

florida-legislature.jpg

Sen. Frank Artiles lamented "six n----rs" during a shocking barroom rant on Monday night.
(STEVE CANNON/AP)
But that didn't stop the Republican senator.

He reportedly went on to call Gibson "girl" and slurred her as "this f----ng a----le" and "this b--ch" after a discussion over political proceedings turned heated.

Gibson subsequently stormed out of the room, and Thurston confronted Artiles.

florida-legislature.jpg

Sen. Audrey Gibson was called a "f----ng as----e" by Artiles.
(STEVE CANNON/AP)
"I said, 'Dude, did you say 'n----rs?'" Thurston recalled to the Herald. "'No, I said, 'n---as,' which is different in his mind."

Florida judge accused of demeaning sexist and racist comments

Thurston urged Artiles to apologize to Gibson the next day.

But Artiles didn't apologize even though he coincided with Gibson on the Senate floor during a budget committee hearing.

stand-ground.jpg

Sen. Perry Thurston demanded that Artiles apologize for the shocking remarks.
(STEVE CANNON/AP)
After Negron's office had been informed of the shocking barroom tirade, Artiles' office released a statement.

"In an exchange with a colleague of mine in the Senate, I unfortunately let my temper get the best of me," the statement said. "There is no excuse for the exchange that occurred and I have apologized to my Senate colleagues and regret the incident profusely."

Foul-mouthed passenger banned from using Uber again (GRAPHIC)

The Florida Democratic Party called for Artiles' immediate resignation Tuesday night.

"His use of horrific racist and sexist slurs towards his colleagues is disgusting, unacceptable and has no place in our democracy or our society," the Democrats said ina statement. "There is never an excuse for racism or misogyny and the people of Florida aren't buying it. Resign now."

Artiles supported President Trump in the 2016 election.