Discount to Federal Employees: Federal Telecommunications Act 1996 (Past and Present)

Mac4L1ph3

BGOL Mega Superstar Donor
Registered

Got an email forwarded to me (names/addresses removed)

It was a VERY LONG email with many fwd's,

it's legit...

Wanted to share it with the fam..

(i broke it down into paragraphs with names removed)

Discount to Federal Employees: Federal Telecommunications Act 1996 (Past and Present)

Subject: Federal Telecommunications Act 1996 Discount to Federal
Employees Past and Present

Friends:

Take the time to call the customer service representative at your
cellular company. We are authorized a discount by virtue of being
federal employees. I called Customer Service for my plan at T-Mobile (
866-646-4688). I had to send an email requesting the migration form to
dien . luu @ t-mobile . com . My discount will
be 22%. That's more money for me to spend on gas!!!!!

------------------------------------------

This is the e-mail we were talking about. It's worth calling your
carrier and getting the discount. Everybody over here is getting a
substantial discount. Share it with e! verybody. The 1st Sergeant said
he accomplished everything on the phone; however, my carrier (Nextel)
has required I send certain information to them and they will contact us
to let u know what our discount will be.

If you are a "federal" employee you are entitled to a federal discount on your cell phone plan. I found out the hard way through sprint, they will play word games, but be forceful, they will cave in. FOR SPRINT it's the "federal employee" discount, though they will act l! ike they have no clue what you are talking about....just keep repeating FEDERAL TELECOMMUNICCATIONS ACT 1996 DISCOUNT TO FEDERAL EMPLOYEES PAST AND PRESENT.....they may keep asking for a federal account number or that you need to have a federal account, just keep telling them no....that you only have to be a FEDERAL EMPLOYEE.......AFTER they put you on hold forever and go talk to a supervisor, then suddenly the light bulb goes on and they will ask for your supervisor name and phone number and work address. For work address I just said ROBINS AIR FORCE BASE......THAT got the point across........

For those who have other carriers, the stream of emails below may have some contact numbers you can call to get whatever discount that carrier offers. Sprint offers 15% discount.........appears verizon and cingular may apply more and unsure what information they may require.........I just know what Sprint put me through......go figur! e that Sprint is the cheapie....ha ha

Thought this might be good info....if you read through some of the emails you might find the "direct" number t! o the discount department for your provider.

This is legit...I have Cingular and just got a 19% discount on my current and future bills. Other cell phone carriers provide a similar plan....read below.

I thought this was good info. You can save 15% on your cell phone read message below.

I apologize for the format and all the extra email addresses located throughout the message.

I called to verify this.

Thanks.

Cingular just gave me a 19% discount from this point forward. 40% on equipment. It was simple. The number to call if your carrier is Cingular is 1-800-319-6393

Subject: FW: Federal Telecommunications Act 1996 Discount to Federal

it actually worked, they said I'll see it on my bill in about 1-2 months

just called Verizon at 800-922-0204 and effective on our next statement in September, we will see a 23% discount on our monthly access charges!! (ours is $39.99 so that is over $9 savings each month). Sounds great!!! Forward this if you want to so people know the correct Verizon number to call. All I did was tell them that I needed to get the Federal Telecommunications Act 1996 applied to my account and she asked if I knew what the discount % was. I scrolled this email and saw that one email said 23% so she looked for it and found it. Easy as that!

Subject: FW: Federal Telecommunications Act 1996 Discount to Federal

All, I just called and I will receive a 19% discount on my f! uture bills.

Looks like all you have to do is call your cell phone company and provide some kind of proof of past-employment or current employment with the U.S. Federal Government

disclaimer: I have not personally called yet, but just wanted to get the information out to you, (and to your relatives), quickly before this thing really blows up and hits the news.. currently I'm still researching this on Google and have found nothing (so far) to refute it...

-1-

Peanutbutta

Support BGOL
Registered
Got this same E-mail about 2 weeks ago and called Sprint on this the other day you would not believe the run around that I got. They will give you 15% discount if you agree to re up to another 2 year agreement. I had to call the Better Business Buerau to get some sastisfaction on this one I ended up just getting 10% without the reup.