D'Brickashaw?

followup

BGOL Investor
:hmm:

How do you feel about black people making these 'creative' names for our children? I will be the first to say that it shows some courage to not give your child a European or Biblical name. But even I have my limits. D'Brickashaw? It's like they took 2 English words, threw them together and put the D' in front to make it French....:angry:

If I was him, I would have changed my name as soon as I turned 18 :smh:

followup

BGOL Investor
oh yeah, ladies....he's big and sexy too :yes:
IMG_5133%20D%27Brickashaw%20Ferguson,%20Kirsten%20Speller,%20Salaam%20Jaha,%20Trevor%20Jaha.jpg

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I hate these ghetto ass names, they are rarely "cute" or creative" most times they are UGLY. Google the names LaceDarrius and LaCharlesla. I was lucky to be given a common first name but my middle name can be for males or females in the Spanish form but in the French form (which is how its pronounced) is for girls only. When I ask my mother about that she's always gives me some vague ass answer.

But I'll say this my middle will go great for a daughter, although my current girl thought it would be cute to give me daughter my full name.

don't know about that.

followup

BGOL Investor
LOL! Ok...I guess I'm the only one who thinks that SOME of them are not that bad (Kisha, Tasha, Quavis, Darnell)...I think those are all names created by black people. :confused:

Worst ones I ever heard: Starkeisha, Rockisha, Octavion, etc.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
LOL! Ok...I guess I'm the only one who thinks that SOME of them are not that bad (Kisha, Tasha, Quavis, Darnell)...I think those are all names created by black people. :confused:

Worst ones I ever heard: Starkeisha, Rockisha, Octavion, etc.

Keisha/Kisha, Quavis, Tasha, Darnell (I know a white girl named Darnelle) are fine....but Rockisha? lol.

also adding isha to male names is wack too

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
At 1 time i did hate them. But now i've taken the stance that, it's part of the culture. 1 generation has never liked the other, has always found fault with the other as progress comes along. When people began naming their children african names, the same thing took place. People said what's wrong with Tom? Or John? I believe that it's just the way it is per generation to generation.

People to people.

followup

BGOL Investor
Keisha/Kisha, Quavis, Tasha, Darnell (I know a white girl named Darnelle) are fine....but Rockisha? lol.

I knew a Johnisha too... LOL...and yeah, Rockisha's daddy was named Rocky :smh: SMH @ Rocky AND Rockisha

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I used to trip over it but then I thought "Who decides Ashley and John were such hot names?"

D'Brickashaw is one of the greatest bad names ever.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

What's that about anyway?

The older I get, the more White girls I meet or see with what used to be considered "Black" names.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All I can hear in my head is Freddy Jackson right now :lol:

If you see a chick, and her name is Keisha, Shamekia, Tasha, any of the above and their various spellings - that's fine. It bothers me when it get's soooooo out there that you have to take a moment lest the beverage comes out your nose. That's when you done went too far.

IMDATDUDE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Friend in law school that called me and told me about topic in class on a name.

La-a. LADASHA

trick20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:roflmao: your name is probably Lz'amonkte (pronounced Luh-MON-tay)

my name is "normal"...no hyphens or apostrophes here...and trust me i'm always telling my female friends to just pick a name out the baby books instead of making up names...but dude name just didn't seen all that bad but to each its own...

followup

BGOL Investor
my name is "normal"...no hyphens or apostrophes here...and trust me i'm always telling my female friends to just pick a name out the baby books instead of making up names...but dude name just didn't seen all that bad but to each its own...
LOL!!! I was just messing with you :)

phatkitty

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:roflmao: your name is probably Lz'amonkte (pronounced Luh-MON-tay)

:lol:

I have to say I'm not a fan. It's one thing to get a little creative, but when you start ignoring rules of the English language then I have a problem.

I once had a girl try to convince me that her name spelled Ketshia was pronounce Kah-tee-jah I was like no hunny that's spells Ket-shia!

followup

BGOL Investor
:lol:

I have to say I'm not a fan. It's one thing to get a little creative, but when you start ignoring rules of the English language then I have a problem.

I once had a girl try to convince me that her name spelled Ketshia was pronounce Kah-tee-jah I was like no hunny that's spells Ket-shia!
LOL!!! it gets ridiculous sometimes.